• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Re: HISTORY Rare questions !!

DUDE I DIDNT SAY TO ANSWER IT I SAID WHICH REFORMERS DO WE HAVE TO INCLUDE IN THIS QUESTION NO NEED TO ANSWER THE WHOLE QUESTION JUST EXPLAIN VERY VERY BRIEFLY WHAT YOU WRITE HERE,

Reaction score

We have to write about the successes and failures of ShahWaliullah !!

Reaction score

we dont have to mention about any other reformers okay then that is so easy,

Reaction score

yeah as it only ask about the successes of Shah Wali ullah !!

Reaction score

-Well he failed to stop the decline of Mughal empire.
-Very less muslims acted towards his teachings.
-His movement to restore Islam soon failed and British took over.

Reaction score

Hey you forgot to answer the question 1 and 2 which i posted cmon man. :geek: :ugeek:

Reaction score

well the thing is i don't remember their answer very well so could you plz answer them for me this time!! :(

Reaction score

I object man.
Cuz:
- He was not a political figure. He could not restore the Mughal Empire cuz he wasn't working for that, though he believed the Muslim decline was due to their decline. He was working for Muslim revival, not Mughlal revival.
- His teachings were acted upon greatly. As we can see, the Jihad Movement 1824-31, and Faraizi Movement uptill 1840 were both off shoots of his movement. Moreover, his work was done from Delhi, where the latters works were confined to Punjab and Bengal respectively. Which shows his teachings did indeed spread.
- British takeover was inevitable. That is why he did not work against them, rather, he worked against the Marathas. Yes, it can be said that he failed to make Ahmed Shah Abdali stay, and overcome Mughal Rule, but im not sure about the whole British takeover.
I found the paper, and it says you have to talk about the other people in this question. So.. the failures of SWU might not be required. Just, his work + importance, SAB work + importance, HSU work + importance.
If you think failures need to be given, plz help me out, and state why.

Reaction score

Yes Alchemist you are right because all the other reformers built on SWU ideas and you can even see this as SAB took his education from SWU's fathers madressa so yes you are correct,thanks man.

Reaction score

scouserlfc said:
NO NEED TO WAIT ANY LONGER I AM HAVING A REALLY BUSY WEEK,BUT LETS SEE.

1.WHAT WAS THE 3 JUNE PLAN ? (4)
2.WHAT WAS THE RADCLIFFE AWARD ? (4).
AND COULD YOU GUYS TELL ME WHAT WE HAVE TO WRITE IN THIS PARTICULAR QUESTION NO NEED TO MENTION ANY POINTS BUT JUST TELL WHAT WE HAVE TO WRITE ABOUT IN 5 OR 6 LINES
3. How important was Shah Wali Ullah in the spread of Islam in the Subcontinent before 1850? Explain your answer.

THANKS PEOPLE.

WELL HERE WE GO.
A1.THE 3RD JUNE PLAN was drawn after the date of the british withdrawal was brought forward to 3 June 1947 after it was decided that a longer partition date would create a mass riot between the hindus and the muslims, AND IT FURTHER SAID THAT AFTER THE BRITISH LEFT INDIA BE DIVIDED INTO TWO STATES PAKISTAN AND INDIA,THE INTERIM CONSTITUTION OF BOTH COUNTRIES WOULD BE 1935 INDIA ACT AND THAT PROVINCES WOULD BE ALLOWED TO JOIN INDIA AND PAKISTAN ACCORDING TO THE WISHES OF THEIR PEOPLE THAT IS AFTER HAVING A PLEBISCITE and it also stated that both countries would have dominion status with an executive responsible for the Constituent assembly.

A2.THE RADCLIFFE AWARD ALSO KNOWN AS THE BOUNDARY AWARD WAS SET UP TO DEVISE THE PARTITION LINES FOR THE TWO COUNTRIES.IT INCLUDED CYRIL RADCLIFFE AS ITS HEAD AND HAD TWO MEMBERS EACH FROM CONGRESS AND LEAGUE.ITS PROPOSALS WERE VERY MUCH IN INDIAS FAVOUR AS FIRST IT HAD AWARDED GURDASPUR AND FEROZPUR TO PAKISTAN,BUT MOUNTBATTEN WHO WAS A GREAT FRIEND OF NEHRU CONVINCED RADCLIFFE TO AWARD THESE TO CITIES TO INDIA.BY AWARDING GURDASPUR TO INDIA IT HAD A BORDER WITH KASHMIR AND OPENED THE WAY FOR TENSIONS IN KASHMIR.JINNAH WAS NOT HAPPY WITH THIS DECISION.

Reaction score

Hey i have a confusion! in 3rd June plan they(British) decided to leave India on 3rd June 1948 or something like that if i m not wrong! Lord Mountbatten that brought forward the Independence act to August 1947.

Reaction score

hey sorry man,you really confused me the 3 june plan was indeed made on 3 june 1947 and it was made after the partition date was brought forward so I and you both were wrong in my recent post make sure you check it out as i have also edited my answer post.

Reaction score

Well make sure you check my earlier two posts again,really confusing :lol:

Well lets see todays question. :D

1.Explain three of the problems of the newly birthed nation Pakistan? (7) I made this myself :lol:
2.Why was the Kashmir issue a problem for Pakistan in 1947? (7)

answer and have fun :lol:

Reaction score

For Question 1
-Refugee problem
-Geographical Problem
-Canal Water Dispute

Please answer Question 2 for me !! :) thanks !!

Reaction score

Well let me answer my own Question 2 now,

1.Kashmir issue was a problem to Pakistan as kashmir had borders with numerous countries like CHINA,INDIA and therefore carried economic importance with trades with these countries.

2.Pakistan was a relative new country it had to establish ties with any country that would offer it help and with deadlock over kashmir it could not establish ties with India and its allies.

3.Kashmir was also a problem for Pakistan as most of its population was muslim and it not being a Pakistani state would gave other countries an example that pakistan was not friends with muslims,

4.It had also led to wars between India and Pakistan on this issue a no. of times .

5.It has also salted relations with China as it claims parts of Kashmir.(point irrelevant as it does not tell that it was a problem for pakistan in 1947.)

6.After partition it was given that pakistan would be given the shares of old british India but soon after the war broke out India refused to Pay pakistan the money by saying that pakistan would only use it to buy weapons and fight India,therefore this weakened and crippled the countries finances and increased the burden of loans.

Hope this is COrrect :D :D :D :D

Reaction score

Yeah i think i missed doing this Questions well hoping you would give Questions from the Presidents of Pakistan e.g Ayub Khan, Bhutto, Zia cause I m really interested in the past politics of Pakistan! :)
P.S I said PAST NOT PRESENT :D

Reaction score

About Kashmir question one more point can be added that
-Canals headworks were located there and as Pakistan was an agro based country, so India's occupation of Kashmir was a trouble for PAkistan.

Some Questions:
►Why is the year between 1958 to 1969 known as the "Age of Progress" (7)
►The Economic reasons of the Mujeeb's 6 points were the reason for the birth of the new state. Do you agree? (14)