• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
hey Naynoor first of all don't panic. calm down
Listen for urdu we have a week for preparation do i'd suggest you to rather spend that entire week on urdu paper 1. For paper 2, as it require constant practice. Start it from now. Give atleast 1 hour to paper 2 everything and you'll do well in urdu. Ps for that 1 week that is our preparatory gap get some urdu magzines and underline the imp words and use them in your essays. Remember to work extremely hard in that week for paper 1. wake up early in the mornign and start with the pastpapers and essays translation wagera. InshAllah you'll do good.
For islamiat, i've havent given the paper yet, i am going to give it this may. the books i have are yasmin malik(excellent book) farkhanda noor, dr iftikhar, david thomas and mastering o level islamiat i dont remember its author's name. I am facing the exact same prob! my taecher just check the lenght and give us all a B whether we have studied or not. For this i'd recommened me not to rely on your teacher and start solving the pastpapers and check them yourself strictly with the marking scheme and yeah do read the examiner report. I guess thats it. Pray for me as well!
THANK YOU SOO MUCH ! I FEEL BETTER.. I DONT HAVE YASMIN MALIK BUT FARKHANDA NOOR , DR IFTHIKHAR ,GULLAM SHABBIR AND MASTERING O LEVEL.

Reaction score
No it isnt important. But it would give a good impression if you either mentioned the chapter and verse number or at least the Surah name. Another thing to keep in mind is relevance and proper quoting. Do not misquote a Surah, meaning dont assume what the words might be. memorize it. And use the correct Surah in the correct place. But back to the question it isnt important *in my opinion*
thank You

Reaction score
A salam-o-Alaikum, i have a important question
1. I heard that mock papers are imp and these are the basis for cie exam if we get a grade in mocks (any) can we improve it because they say that the grades that u get in mocks is almost impossible to improve the grade iam asking because there is a whole nonth after it.. Plz need a quick response from max members and correct me if iam wrong!. My mocks papers 27th March ! IN SHA ALLAH....

Reaction score
Khan.khan obviously you can improve. What i am doing is that i'll cover every bit of syllabus for these mocks and then in the preparatory leave start off with pastpapers.

Reaction score
hello
i can see that there are contradictions in figures i .e of wars and ages of companions in various books of islamiyat for e.g ifthikhar ul haq (o levels islamiyat) , farkhanda noor and yasmin malik give different ages of hazrat aisha can someone please tell me which book is more authentic and which book is to be followed in writing this data in the exam

Reaction score
A salam-o-Alaikum, i have a important question
1. I heard that mock papers are imp and these are the basis for cie exam if we get a grade in mocks (any) can we improve it because they say that the grades that u get in mocks is almost impossible to improve the grade iam asking because there is a whole nonth after it.. Plz need a quick response from max members and correct me if iam wrong!. My mocks papers 27th March ! IN SHA ALLAH....
Walikumassalam
they say?? who
GCE mocks for me was not of much importance and the grades for most of us were really different in the externals...besides nothing is impossible, you still have enough time and energy so Alhamdulillah you will be able to do better in your finals , and even if you don't give the mocks even that would do. the only thing that matters is that your mind should be fresh and relaxed a day or two before the exams...this way u'll be able to think more in the paper
All the best

Reaction score
Walikumassalam
they say?? who
GCE mocks for me was not of much importance and the grades for most of us were really different in the externals...besides nothing is impossible, you still have enough time and energy so Alhamdulillah you will be able to do better in your finals , and even if you don't give the mocks even that would do. the only thing that matters is that your mind should be fresh and relaxed a day or two before the exams...this way u'll be able to think more in the paper
All the best
Thanks for giving me hope!. I was wondering that why will mocks papers grade will be dependent on cies....

Reaction score
Take the example of this question:
"‘Islamic reforms were the most important of Zia-ul-Haq’s domestic policies between 1977 and 1988.’ Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer. [14]"
Do you have to write all the domestic policies or just compare two to three with the one mentioned?

Reaction score
In Q1 of Islamiat paper 2, is it necessary to give examples from today's world (like the taliban or Israel's attack on Palestine)? what if no example comes to mind?

Reaction score
"‘Islamic reforms were the most important of Zia-ul-Haq’s domestic policies between 1977 and 1988.’ Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer. [14]"
Do you have to write all the domestic policies or just compare two to three with the one mentioned?
If you see the marking scheme you would be able to answer these types of questions
I think u have to quote all of his domestic policies and at last giving a judgement on do you agree with the statement or not.

Reaction score
Explain all bro but focus more on islamic reforms good luck :)(y)

Reaction score
Walikumassalam
they say?? who
All the best
Anyways you gave these three papers oct/nov 2016 right if you did what grade did you got and good luck for this year(y):D