• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Meanings are not required..... just write the sentences
Thanks. But in the marking scheme they do mention the meanings too. Are you sure we dont have to write the meanings, or does the marking scheme mention the meanings just to explain the muhavara for those who dont know.

Hi I'm new here and I'm also appearing for the o level exams oct/Nov 2016. For urdu paper 2 (code: 3248) does anyone have the batul ali book?? If anyone has then plzzz send me the pictures of the idioms through this email. My exam is on 18th oct.
-send me ASAP
Check out post #18 on this thread
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/urdu-b-second-language-tips-please.13876/
The guy has posted all the muhavaray from the batul ali book.

Reaction score
Thanks. But in the marking scheme they do mention the meanings too. Are you sure we dont have to write the meanings, or does the marking scheme mention the meanings just to explain the muhavara for those who dont know.

Check out post #18 on this thread
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/urdu-b-second-language-tips-please.13876/
The guy has posted all the muhavaray from the batul ali book.
Thank you so much.... and the meanings are mentioned for the examiners to explain them the meaning
Best of Luck for your paper!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Guys read the ques carefully in the comprehension and manage your time too
Best of luck to ya all
Its going to be the last paper:D
You sound like the exam is tomorrow. Even knowing that tomorrow is a Sunday and that CIE exams dont take place on Sundays, I had to recheck my Statement of Entry. :D

Reaction score
You sound like the exam is tomorrow. Even knowing that tomorrow is a Sunday and that CIE exams dont take place on Sundays, I had to recheck my Statement of Entry. :D
Oh man, sorry for the worry i brought, the time mentioned under my post was wrong, i actually posted it on friday-i guess

Reaction score
Guys I have a question ! Can u tell me that in sentence transformation question ,how many types are there change the tense , words/opposite and change sentence but meaning should remain same . Is there any other type such as words and synonym. Etc

Reaction score
Oh man, sorry for the worry i brought, the time mentioned under my post was wrong, i actually posted it on friday-i guess
NP :)

Guys I have a question ! Can u tell me that in sentence transformation question ,how many types are there change the tense , words/opposite and change sentence but meaning should remain same . Is there any other type such as words and synonym. Etc
No i dont think so. There are three types only that you have mentioned. Although from what I have seen, sentence transformation has only become harder through the years.

Reaction score
co operative society scandle, he lost support of many
sudden death asif nawaz/political unrest and opposition from BB
relations with ishaq khan, who then used the eighth amendment to dismiss sharif declaring his government to be corrupt and mismanagement of the economy
Is this answer is enough for 7 marks

Reaction score
I actually already predicted the , rang lana, walla mahawara
anyways I am confused abt the first blank in the cloze passage
and as for the words I had exactly 111

Reaction score
I actually already predicted the , rang lana, walla mahawara
anyways I am confused abt the first blank in the cloze passage
and as for the words I had exactly 111
So you got all the muhavaray correct>
Yeah, so am I. I was confused between "andaza", "zarai", and another word (it was something like mutara... i can't seem to remember it). I chose mutara...
I wrote like 12.5 lines which is slightly more than what i usually write, the reason being that I didn't want to leave out any point whatsoever. I feared I might have overwritten but I saw somebody's paper on my left and she had written all of the lines. Other people around me also did so, so I chilled out a bit.
Comprehension wasn't too hard. Really focused on getting all the points.
Tense change was pretty simple. For the last one, was it
Voh kaam karkay kamyab hojay ga
OR
voh kaam karrey ga aur kamyab hojay ga

Reaction score
So you got all the muhavaray correct>
Yeah, so am I. I was confused between "andaza", "zarai", and another word (it was something like mutara... i can't seem to remember it). I chose mutara...
I wrote like 12.5 lines which is slightly more than what i usually write, the reason being that I didn't want to leave out any point whatsoever. I feared I might have overwritten but I saw somebody's paper on my left and she had written all of the lines. Other people around me also did so, so I chilled out a bit.
Comprehension wasn't too hard. Really focused on getting all the points.
Tense change was pretty simple. For the last one, was it
Voh kaam karkay kamyab hojay ga
OR
voh kaam karrey ga aur kamyab hojay ga
nah, not all the mahawaray were right
maybe ure trying to say mutabadil
I wrote 9.5 lines but was there even enough space to write 12.5 lines?
and what was the original sentence I cant remember, but the first sentence u have written seems right

Reaction score
nah, not all the mahawaray were right
maybe ure trying to say mutabadil
I wrote 9.5 lines but was there even enough space to write 12.5 lines?
and what was the original sentence I cant remember, but the first sentence u have written seems right
Which one did you get wrong.
Yeah mutabadil
Yeah ofcouse there is space. There are like 15 lines in total
I wrote the first sentence in the exam

Reaction score
I just found out that mutabadil means replacement which I think is the correct word. They said vitamins cannot be ---- for a good diet so I think it is mutabadil. I don't think andaza or zarai can be the substitute.

Reaction score
Are academies important for pakistan studies and islamiat? all my friends are taking Sir Asim's academy and im very confused regarding this situation. The academy is too far away from my home and will take most of my day, but I need great grades in my CIEs. My main concern is geography, because i think i can handle islamiat and history on my own. What do i do?