• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
AOA! everybody ! Guyz i am left with only 2 days i should i prepare my self for english to urdu translation please help me and is there any need to remeber mahwrats in paper 1 .

Reaction score
AOA! everybody ! Guyz i am left with only 2 days i should i prepare my self for english to urdu translation please help me and is there any need to remeber mahwrats in paper 1 .
Better to divide your time equally between the three parts of p1. All all of them r of equal impotance.just go over the hard words in pp and search up some new ones.
U can use idioms in essay and speech.the examiner would be pleased to see candidates using them and would prolly award marks for language.But using them in new sentences requires alot of effort and you can end up using that idiom in the wrong sentence.

Reaction score
Better to divide your time equally between the three parts of p1. All all of them r of equal impotance.just go over the hard words in pp and search up some new ones.
U can use idioms in essay and speech.the examiner would be pleased to see candidates using them and would prolly award marks for language.But using them in new sentences requires alot of effort and you can end up using that idiom in the wrong sentence.
are u appearing for urdu this year

Reaction score
one-to-one combat can be the bravery of companion like hazrat hamza and harzat ali and the general fighting can be the quraish versus harzat hamza , hazrat ali , hazrat abu ubaidah bin jarrah this is for badr , war of words can be the talk between musilms and quraish before battle anyway thanks for asking questions it also helps me :)(y)

Reaction score
Hey guys ... the redspot says the battle of badr and uhud were divided into 3 stages: war of words, one-to-one combat + general fighting... soo my q : what was the war of words and will any of u write abt. these stages??[/QUOTE
Aisha!! Did u write about this stuff in the paper
Btw why does the redspot book has to be so unique

Reaction score
guyz in urdu paper 1 in question no.3 translation :- can we first write using pencil so if there is any mistake we may correct it , and then write it with pen . plz tell quick i have to go for exam at 11 am .

Reaction score
guyz in urdu paper 1 in question no.3 translation :- can we first write using pencil so if there is any mistake we may correct it , and then write it with pen . plz tell quick i have to go for exam at 11 am .
Wow ! I'm Having Exam too ! , Best of luck ! , Look you should do it with pen ! if you want to Write any Sentence or if you are confuse with it ! then you should write it with pencil on the Last Page of Answer booklet ! DO NOT WRITE IN THE SAME PAGE ! and Do Erase it when you are done ! :) , Best of Luck , Remember me in your prayers !

Reaction score
Wow ! I'm Having Exam too ! , Best of luck ! , Look you should do it with pen ! if you want to Write any Sentence or if you are confuse with it ! then you should write it with pencil on the Last Page of Answer booklet ! DO NOT WRITE IN THE SAME PAGE ! and Do Erase it when you are done ! :) , Best of Luck , Remember me in your prayers !
Inshallah ! ap ka paper bohat acha ho ga meri duain ap kay sath hain and you'll ACE bro :) best of Luck ! meri liya bhi dua karna :)

Reaction score
Wow ! I'm Having Exam too ! , Best of luck ! , Look you should do it with pen ! if you want to Write any Sentence or if you are confuse with it ! then you should write it with pencil on the Last Page of Answer booklet ! DO NOT WRITE IN THE SAME PAGE ! and Do Erase it when you are done ! :) , Best of Luck , Remember me in your prayers ![/

inshaallah you will get an A* bro be confident and i will pray for u

Reaction score
And CIE tells us to write a mazmoon on "Imtahanaat and Zehni Dabau" as if they will actually take our condition in to consideration.

Reaction score
And another thing. When writing any mazmoon for P1, are all the words written counted? Personally, I think not all of them are counted as it would be very difficult to maintain your essay within the word limit.

Out of the 28 lines available on one page for Q1, I wrote on 26 lines, leaving just 2 lines between paragraphs. So you can technically say I completed the entire page. I have medium/small handwriting. How much of the page did you guys write on?

And for Q2, I chose the letter. So supposedly some space goes to waste for the entire format of the letter. I completed the 2 pages available for question 2 (half page for the part where the question is written and the entire second page), leaving just 5-6 lines in between paras. Here I fear I might have had under-written? How much did you guys write?

Reaction score
And another thing. When writing any mazmoon for P1, are all the words written counted? Personally, I think not all of them are counted as it would be very difficult to maintain your essay within the word limit.

Out of the 28 lines available on one page for Q1, I wrote on 26 lines, leaving just 2 lines between paragraphs. So you can technically say I completed the entire page. I have medium/small handwriting. How much of the page did you guys write on?

And for Q2, I chose the letter. So supposedly some space goes to waste for the entire format of the letter. I completed the 2 pages available for question 2 (half page for the part where the question is written and the entire second page), leaving just 5-6 lines in between paras. Here I fear I might have had under-written? How much did you guys write?
Ofc all the words written are counted .was your essay in the word limit? I ddint count my words but left five lines at the end
For part 2 i wrote the report and 6-7 lines were left and my work was really messy, did alot of cutting. the examiner would need to check carefully
Anyways i think you have written well for the letter
And what ever is done is done we dont need to worry abt it

Reaction score
Ofc all the words written are counted .was your essay in the word limit? I ddint count my words but left five lines at the end
For part 2 i wrote the report and 6-7 lines were left and my work was really messy, did alot of cutting. the examiner would need to check carefully
Anyways i think you have written well for the letter
And what ever is done is done we dont need to worry abt it
Are you sure all the words are counted, even words like "Ki", "Mein" "tum" .etc?
And plus I didn't count my words at all. I remembered there was a word limit when I heard two kids talk about how many words they wrote after the exam.

Reaction score
And also, if every word counted, then think of it like this:
An average student can write ATLEAST 10 words per line. That means to fulfull 150 words, he will use 15/28 lines. Why did CIE even bother giving so many more lines then? If you do not count every word (like the small ones like ki, hai, hain .etc) then it becomes 7-8 words per line. It will take 19-21 / 28 to write 150 words and the remaining can be used to get the max 200 word limit if one wants to.

And there are threads on xtreme paper that also suggest that not every word is counted and that the small words are omitted from the word count.

Also could someone confirm if the words "Aik" "Aur" ,"Mein" "Hain (the hai with noon gunnah)" "lagh" "tah" "thi" are counted or not?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Please some on can help me in Pakistan Studies!!!
Kindly in May June which questions came in Geography.
Or you can post 2059/m/j/16 02
MAY GOD BLESS YOU!!!