• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
first i am memorizing the farkhanda book, along with quotations, and i have completed attempting past papers topically on each topic from 9-15 and also attempted some other questions that are not part of paper , but are important and can come , in other words they cover some of the topics, i plan to read draper book, and i have attempted all surahs and hadis that i will memorize for exams, what about you?
and tell me that did u used your own words for the comprehension and specially the summary part?
Yup own words.... Draper Book Is much better... I cant memorize the Farkhanda book Becuz it isn't covering a lot of things..... I will go for Sir Muzammil Notes. I am going to complete p1 full tiyari by tomorrow.. n then I will do geog and isl p2 simultaneously....

Reaction score
Yup own words.... Draper Book Is much better... I cant memorize the Farkhanda book Becuz it isn't covering a lot of things..... I will go for Sir Muzammil Notes. I am going to complete p1 full tiyari by tomorrow.. n then I will do geog and isl p2 simultaneously....
let me give you one advice, go for all subjects together as they are more beneficial rather than focusing on one. Give time to every subject daily.

Reaction score
Guys, how to get an A* in urdu, and how shall i improve my urdu as i have much grammatical and vocabulary mistakes. Help would be much appreciated. !!!!!

Reaction score
I got only A in Urdu.Its one the easiest subject of O Levels if you are talking about Urdu as a second Language :D

Reaction score
Khilafat Movement was launched by Johar Brothers. It was launched becuz in World War I Turkey a Muslim state had sided with Germany which had lost the war. British were in control now. And as Turkey had the Khalifa which was an important figure in Islam the Muslims wanted the British to be lenient towards Turkey. The Movemnet went on strong and Congress joined in but then it detoriated bcuz the leaders were arrested. And The new PM of Turkey Kamal Attaturk abolished the Khilafat system(No reason left for the movement). Side by side Hijrat Movement was started by Islamic Scholars and it failed. In it the Islamic scholars aid India as a DarUlHarb. And that any Muslim oppressed could migrate to Afghanistan. But when Muslims did they weren't allowed to enter. And they lost their belongings bcuz of this.. this led to the importance of movement to detoriate... Side by side congress leaders also left the movement when seeing no hope. The moevemnt was stopped eventually

Reaction score
And yeah Nigel Kelly has to be read if u need to fully understand the Khilafat Movement... I found it boring to read but sit in silence for half an hour and read it... It works... :p
it did for me...

Reaction score
Khilafat Movement was launched by Johar Brothers. It was launched becuz in World War I Turkey a Muslim state had sided with Germany which had lost the war. British were in control now. And as Turkey had the Khalifa which was an important figure in Islam the Muslims wanted the British to be lenient towards Turkey. The Movemnet went on strong and Congress joined in but then it detoriated bcuz the leaders were arrested. And The new PM of Turkey Kamal Attaturk abolished the Khilafat system(No reason left for the movement). Side by side Hijrat Movement was started by Islamic Scholars and it failed. In it the Islamic scholars aid India as a DarUlHarb. And that any Muslim oppressed could migrate to Afghanistan. But when Muslims did they weren't allowed to enter. And they lost their belongings bcuz of this.. this led to the importance of movement to detoriate... Side by side congress leaders also left the movement when seeing no hope. The moevemnt was stopped eventually
And there are other points as well
for example the muslims started it to secure their holy places in jeruslalem.. and gandhi left the movement due to a reason that was violence, as gandhi was not in favour of violence and had developed this thing called SATYAGRAHA, hence the incidents like the moplah rebellion and the chauri chaura incident where 21 police officers were burned to death, damaged his ideas and sentiments, owing to which gandhi left the movement floowed by a lage numberr of indians, breaking the strength of the movement.......... plus the hijrat to afghanistan wounded the concept of brotherhood that was the thing that was holding people together in the movement, therefore when this idea weakened the khilafat movement weakened........... when kemal attaturk came in the movement had its natural death as u mentioned that there was no reason left to fight

Reaction score
urdu help required please. how can i get an A*, and how should i fix my grammatical mistakes and improve my vocabulary (Urdu B)

Last edited:
Reaction score
urdu help required please. how can i get an A*, and how should i fix my grammatical mistakes and improve my vocabulary
I have figured out some basic techniques for this purpose for myself
1] read a lot of newspaper especially the column section , pick up good words from there, but i have worked out from the candidate response that we dont need any extraordinary vocabulary, good decent urdu also gets highest marks but you need to be accurate in spellings and must show different sentence patterns that is really appreciated
2] write a mazoon daily and get it checked by elder
3] buy some urdu book that has the grammar portion in it and read it learn the grammar
PRACTICE IS MOST IMPORTANT! BELIEVE ME!

Reaction score
I have figured out some basic techniques for this purpose for myself
1] read a lot of newspaper especially the column section , pick up good words from there, but i have worked out from the candidate response that we dont need any extraordinary vocabulary, good decent urdu also gets highest marks but you need to be accurate in spellings and must show different sentence patterns that is really appreciated
2] write a mazoon daily and get it checked by elder
3] buy some urdu book that has the grammar portion in it and read it learn the grammar
PRACTICE IS MOST IMPORTANT! BELIEVE ME!

what if i read the mazmoons given in my book, and practice those, are they fine

Reaction score
which book are u using? yeah it doesn't matters, but do get it checked by teacher or any family member as it is their marking and opinion will mark your basic mistakes and u will have to work on them, so their checking will bring the difference

Professor Mujeeb ur Rehman and Amir waheed kamar