• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
no problem, i have Nigel Kelly, and Nigel Smith book for Pak studies, are they fine for getting A*, plus any help would be appreciated, plus how should i prepare for Pak studies?
Yea they are nice. Plus for reference, you should consult Farooq Naseem Bajwa's book too..
Nigel Kelly new edition..
For preparation, print out the syllabus. In that, questions according to topics are there, practice more and more.
For 14 and 10 mark, make sure you write your 1st reason the best one, and the rest should be continued with same pace.
Use your vocabulary knowledge in conclusion for 1 bonus mark.

Reaction score
Yea they are nice. Plus for reference, you should consult Farooq Naseem Bajwa's book too..
Nigel Kelly new edition..
For preparation, print out the syllabus. In that, questions according to topics are there, practice more and more.
For 14 and 10 mark, make sure you write your 1st reason the best one, and the rest should be continued with same pace.
Use your vocabulary knowledge in conclusion for 1 bonus mark.

i would rather stick to nigel kelly, cause brain should be focused at one place, as to first reason should be the best one, can you give me an example?

Reaction score
i would rather stick to nigel kelly, cause brain should be focused at one place, as to first reason should be the best one, can you give me an example?
Bajwa's book is only for writing notes, but as u have less time so u'd stick to Kelly.
By first reason, I mean that sometimes questions come in which u don't have enough points to write, Write the first reason the one which u r 110 percent sure of.

Reaction score
Bajwa's book is only for writing notes, but as u have less time so u'd stick to Kelly.
By first reason, I mean that sometimes questions come in which u don't have enough points to write, Write the first reason the one which u r 110 percent sure of.

hmm, i would stick to both, thank you :)

Reaction score
I have a question here regarding reformers:
-Why did Shah wali ullah have such an important influence on the revival of Islam in the Subcontinent?
In the aforementioned question, do we have to explain the work done by Shah wali Ullah? His books, his translation of Quran into Persian and his account on the first four caliphs?

Reaction score
I have a question here regarding reformers:
-Why did Shah wali ullah have such an important influence on the revival of Islam in the Subcontinent?
In the aforementioned question, do we have to explain the work done by Shah wali Ullah? His books, his translation of Quran into Persian and his account on the first four caliphs?
1) TRANSLATION OF HOLY QURAN TO PERSIAN
2) WRITING OF BOOKS(IZALAT E AKHFA, HUJJAT UL BALIGHA ETC), BRIDGING GAPS OF SHIA- SUNNI
3) ORGANIZING MUSLIMS AGAINST THE THREAT TO MUGHAL EMPIRE BY WRITNG LETTERS ETC, BATTLE OF PANIPAT(MARHATTAS DEFEATED
THE CAUSE OF ALL THESE WERE THE IGNORANCE OF ISLAMIC TEACHINGS AND ISLAMIC WAY OF LIFE. ACCORDING TO SHAH WALLIULLAH THIS WAS THE REASON FOR THEIR PROBLEMS.. EFFECT NEED TO BE HIGHLIGHTED TOO, THAT WILL MAKE IT A COMPLETE EXPLANATION

Reaction score
How are u preparing islamiyat??
first i am memorizing the farkhanda book, along with quotations, and i have completed attempting past papers topically on each topic from 9-15 and also attempted some other questions that are not part of paper , but are important and can come , in other words they cover some of the topics, i plan to read draper book, and i have attempted all surahs and hadis that i will memorize for exams, what about you?
and tell me that did u used your own words for the comprehension and specially the summary part?