• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Re: Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts h

sweetiepie said:
HISTORY

Q.Describe the Nehru Report. [4]

Q.Why did the Gandhi-Jinnah Talks fail in 1944? [7]

AM REALLY CONFUSED FULL ANSWERS NEEDED NOT THE MARKING SCHEMES

HELP MEE PLEASE :cry: :cry: :cry:

1.Nehru report was made by nehru.It was made by all parties conference in opposition for the simon commision.it was supported by about all non-muslims.it was made in 1928.it stated that india to be a federation.it said that protection of minorities should be done.it also stated immediate dominion status for india.vote right for all adult male and female.british were given one year to accept the reccomendation for the report or non cooperaion was to be started.

2.it failed due to following reasons:
-gandhi wanted 3 provinces while jinnah wanted 6
-gandhi said he represented whole of india while jinnah reminede him that he was just the representative of congress.
-gandhi wanted key issues to be under government control while jinnah wanted them to under provinces control.
-gandhi wanted immediate support of the league
-gandhi said that he did not support two nation theory which now was official league policy.

(explain each of them in abit detail)

Reaction score

hmm now look this marking scheme my problem is this da answer wat u gave is different frm this

(a) Describe the Nehru Report. [4]
Reward each correct statement with 1 mark. 2 marks can be awarded for a developed
statement. Candidates might refer to:
1928, constitutional guarantee of fundamental rights including freedom of conscience and
liberty, central government responsible for peace and order, Dominion Status, India to
become a federation with a 2 chamber parliament, protection of minorities, vote for all men
and women.]

now wat should i do write answer ur one or marking scheme am confused in this :(

Reaction score

OKAY.. LET ME EXPLAIN:

MS not only gives answers but also informs hoe to gain marks.Now i told you just the same things mentioned here like : Dominion Status, India to
become a federation with a 2 chamber parliament, protection of minorities, vote for all men
and women. etc ........ no need to get confused. :) :) i gave you the correct answer according to MS...... and this i have said before too..that explain the points i mentioned which the MS says as : 2 marks can be awarded for a developed
statement.

hope you get it :)

Reaction score

Any four valid points as mentioned in the M.S will allow you to gain full marks.

Reaction score

M/J 2004 Need Complete Answers Not Marking Schemes Please Help Me :)

1(b) Why did the British Government take control of the affairs of the East India Company in the
early nineteenth century? [7]
(c) ‘A lack of unity and coordination was the main reason for the failure of the War of
Independence by 1858.’ Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer. [14]

2(b) Why was Bengal partitioned in 1905? [7]
(c) Was the Chaura Chauri incident of 1922 the most important reason for the failure of the
Khilafat Movement? Give reasons for your answer. [14]

3(b) Why was Congress Rule of 1937–39 so hated by the Muslims? [7]
(c) Was the refugee issue the most important problem facing the newly formed government of
Pakistan in 1947? Give reasons for your answer.[14]

4(c) ‘Economic factors were more important than political considerations in the creation of
Bangladesh in 1971.’ Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer. [14]

Reaction score

i would not recommend any spoon feeding. assistance is always healthy but no complete answers, if you are willing to post your answers which you consider "incorrect" then the community will be more than willing to help you, this will be to your own advantage as you will be able to highlight your weaknesses.

Reaction score

atleast 1 or 2 papers answers i need then i wil do it myself :(

Reaction score

IS THIS THE SAME QUESTION

Why did Pakistan choose Urdu as its national language?

OR

why did urdu become the national langauage ??

Reaction score

Q) `During the Second World War (1939-45),negotiation aimed at independence achieved little`.Give reasons why you might agree and disagree with this statement.

How should we start with this Question.I mean what should be the intro.
I know the marking scheme very well but don`t know the introduction.....

Thank you in advance..

Reaction score

Its not a necessity to start with an intro and wait i remember u dont need big intros just start like u start questions normally ! :D

Reaction score

yup these questions are the same of URDU !

Reaction score

do read nigel smith........... question about titu mir came in 2011 october paper!!

Reaction score

i want the asnwers thats it :(

Reaction score

Relating topic Trade...
What is meant by trading blocs & trade barriers.