• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Salam everyone!
Can anyone give me idea of the frequently and important questions appeared in pak studies and islamiyat exams.... plz

I got A* this year , so I can give you advice.
Try not to skip any topic to be on safe side. For Geography do the unsolved pastpapers and look at the mark scheme for answers.
For History Nigel Kelly and a little bit from Nigel Smith is enough. No need to go for notes.
For Islamiyat , I skipped the Imams topic with the exception of Imam Hassan and Hussain. I used Farkhanda Noor , Iftikhar-ul-Haq mostly. Yasmin Malik for some verses.
For A or A* in Islamiyat verses/references are a must!

Do pastpapers from 2005 onwards for all three subjects.
No need for notes.

Good Luck!

Reaction score
I got A* this year , so I can give you advice.
Try not to skip any topic to be on safe side. For Geography do the unsolved pastpapers and look at the mark scheme for answers.
For History Nigel Kelly and a little bit from Nigel Smith is enough. No need to go for notes.
For Islamiyat , I skipped the Imams topic with the exception of Imam Hassan and Hussain. I used Farkhanda Noor , Iftikhar-ul-Haq mostly. Yasmin Malik for some verses.
For A or A* in Islamiyat verses/references are a must!

Do pastpapers from 2005 onwards for all three subjects.
No need for notes.

Good Luck!
u scored a* in both subjects?

Reaction score
hy guys! there is a query in my mind:
Is it compulsary to write whole 2 pages answer in islamiyat 10 marks question even if we had covered all the points in that :( plzz help me!(n)(n):sick:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is it compulsary to write whole 2 pages answer in islamiyat 10 marks question even if we had covered all the points in that :( plzz help me!(n)(n):sick:
if u want A then do it, dont be general and fill up pages by commenting, just try to quote the facts and references. try to fit in references in ur answer they make up answer length. suppose that u have ample time to write u may expand answer by quoting more ref and if u have less time in paper u may adjust accordingly by writing lesser references.

Reaction score
its somehow necessary to write like that, but we are advised to write of 3 pages of more, there is no limit, only if u have suffficient time
full and high marks will be awarded to only those who write an well explained answer supported with reference, and hence your answer will eventually go this long

Reaction score
its somehow necessary to write like that, but we are advised to write of 3 pages of more, there is no limit, only if u have suffficient time
full and high marks will be awarded to only those who write an well explained answer supported with reference, and hence your answer will eventually go this long
thank yew! pal! u cleared up all my quries

Reaction score
if u want A then do it, dont be general and fill up pages by commenting, just try to quote the facts and references. try to fit in references in ur answer they make up answer length. suppose that u have ample time to write u may expand answer by quoting more ref and if u have less time in paper u may adjust accordingly by writing lesser references.
thank you! :)
so according to ur reply its totally not necessary to fill the pages as ur teacher had commended :coffee:n yeah its obvious if i m gonna give references it will make my answer length more n would be there any negative marking if i write 1 1/2 page while my teacher had commended me to write whole 2 pages though i had given as many references n the facts in the answer were vividly explained
:)

Reaction score
thank you! :)
so according to ur reply its totally not necessary to fill the pages as ur teacher had commended :coffee:n yeah its obvious if i m gonna give references it will make my answer length more n would be there any negative marking if i write 1 1/2 page while my teacher had commended me to write whole 2 pages though i had given as many references n the facts in the answer were vividly explained
:)
then u may be lacking explanation
and Btw dont go all in for ref. give them explanation too otherwise it gives a bad expression that u r only cramming and writing info not really making up a situation.an example is like upon day of judgement this and that will happen. this fact is confirmed by the holy quran in following words."insert ref. here."

Reaction score
then u may be lacking explanation
and Btw dont go all in for ref. give them explanation too otherwise it gives a bad expression that u r only cramming and writing info not really making up a situation.an example is like upon day of judgement this and that will happen. this fact is confirmed by the holy quran in following words."insert ref. here."
ok thank you

Reaction score
No its not compulsory.
i have written 1.5 pagess for 10 marks question because time was running short but i used references specially ahadis. I wrote 3-5 hadis in one question and 1 quranic verse without numbers and got A* in islamiat. Your points should be exact

Reaction score
No its not compulsory.
i have written 1.5 pagess for 10 marks question because time was running short but i used references specially ahadis. I wrote 3-5 hadis in one question and 1 quranic verse without numbers and got A* in islamiat. Your points should be exact
firstly,congrats!!:D n thnkx for the advice :)