• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
T
June 2005 Q2(c):
Was the khilafat movement founded because the Muslims feared the breakup of Turkey after the First World War? Explain your answer.

Can anyone here please give me 7 reasons of formation? I am up with four cannot figure out the other three.

The four reasons I have:
1. To get the views of muslims considered about the fate of Turkey
2. To oppose the British policy of fearing Muslims with Hindus so that they may support the British
3. To oppose the Treaty of Versailles.
4. To protect the Sultan of Turkey.
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?

Any help would be appreciated.
To protect Holy Places

Reaction score
T

To protect Holy Places
Because the Muslims of the subcontinent knew from past experience how the British had dealt with Afghanistan and Persia without taking their interest into account and feared a similar treatment with the Turks

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which book contains the major themes of hadis:indiviual and community conduct

Iftikhar-ul-Haq.
Alternatively you can just learn some 5-6 Hadith for each theme and quote them along with a little explanation. Its easier than learning lengthy notes or bookish explanations.

Reaction score
Guys regarding this question :
‘Indian resistance to British attempts to take control of lands in the sub-continent was totally unsuccessful.’ Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer. (June 2008 Q2)
I couldn't find any info on Indian resistance or any 'successes' , the mark scheme says something about early successes of tipu sultan. I couldn't find that anywhere either. If anyone could shed some light on this I would be grateful.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Actually Tipu sultan was the Ruler of Mysore , He defeated the British various time which had angered the British very much because he used there technology against the British but in the battle of Seringptam in 1799 , he was defeated and killed but showed resistance. Another Person was Mir Nasir also know as Titu Mir he was a Bengali freedom fighter who led his 15000 followers against the British in the Bamboo fort in Narkelbaria but was defeated in 1831 and was killed. Another was Ranjit singh its is because he did not support the British in there Evil scheme to get British Control over Afghanistan but he rejected there help call when needed. Which was some what known as resistance.

Reaction score
Also in the examiner report it is written that most candidates gave long descriptions of the battles followed by a throwaway comment resulting in a level 3 mark. I understand that the asnwers to 14 mark questions need to be explained as well and not just described but what can possibly be explained in the battles of buxar and plassey for example." After the battle of buxar bengal , bihar and orrisa and oudh came under british control and they got control of the revenue collections.They got rich when mir jafar was made the governor general of bengal at the battle of plassey as he offered them lands ...". Is something like this ok for the explanation cambridge is looking for in our answers? Or will this also result in level 2 or 3?

If anyone can tell me about this I would be grateful and feel more confident :)
I may have confused some by this strange question and doubt I have but thats just me :/

Reaction score
Actually Tipu sultan was the Ruler of Mysore , He defeated the British various time which had angered the British very much because he used there technology against the British but in the battle of Seringptam in 1799 , he was defeated and killed but showed resistance. Another Person was Mir Nasir also know as Titu Mir he was a Bengali freedom fighter who led his 15000 followers against the British in the Bamboo fort in Narkelbaria but was defeated in 1831 and was killed. Another was Ranjit singh its is because he did not support the British in there Evil scheme to get British Control over Afghanistan but he rejected there help call when needed. Which was some what known as resistance.

Thanks! I could definitely use that info

Reaction score
Ye
Also in the examiner report it is written that most candidates gave long descriptions ofdescriptionattles followed by a throwaway comment resulting in a level 3 mark. I understand that the asnwers to 14 mark questions need to be explained as well and not just described but what can possibly be explained in the battles of buxar and plassey for example." After the battle of buxar bengal , bihar and orrisa and oudh came under british control and they got control of the revenue collections.They got rich when mir jafar was made the governor general of bengal at the battle of plassey as he offered them lands ...". Is something like this ok for the explanation cambridge is looking for in our answers? Or will this also result in level 2 or 3?

If anyone can tell me about this I would be grateful and feel more confident :)
I may have confused some by this strange question and doubt I have but thats just me :/

yes you are correct and you should remove your confusion because not every teeny bit should be explained as the examiner reports said do not use a discriptive method. Try to make out something from the information and there is also a wrong statement mir jaffar was made the nawab and he was forced to give land

Reaction score
Ye

yes you are correct and you should remove your confusion because not every teeny bit should be explained as the examiner reports said do not use a discriptive method. Try to make out something from the information and there is also a wrong statement mir jaffar was made the nawab and he was forced to give land
Oh yes , Clive was made the governor and jafar the nawab