• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
hay fellas! i got a question in my mind that's our o lvl books such as farkhand noor muhammad and book of ghulam shabir (proven as best book) didnt contain all content in details, i came to the idea when i look upon 2014 pst ppr and there was a question upon rida war, i been also went to m.Scheme bt found some new :/ welll than which book is the best i mean the book having everything in details and clearing all that is required ?

Reaction score
-more favourable location with a better climate
-government officials would be well away from the commercial influences that were so strong in Karachi
-it was seen as a move to shift the power base from the industrially and commercially south to the Punjab in the north
-Ayub Khan wished to be close to the army headquarters.

Reaction score
I have a question.. Please answer it... Thanks
a) What was Swadeshi Movement? (4)
b) Why was Muslim League established in 1906? (7)
c) Describe that how successful was British period from 1877-1911? Explain (14)
a) It was a movement started by hindus (congress) to oppose bengal partition. Indians supporting such movement boycotted from alll british goods, burn british clothes and wore Indians local clothes. This movement greatly affected british economy.

b) -congress working as hindu dominated body
*hindu urdu controversy
*opposition of hindus to bengal partition
- hindu extremiest, forcible connversion of muslims into hindu
- simla deputation

c) Success
arms act and other pollicy > made opposition less powerful
1905 partition of bengal - good control over bengal - muslims saw this attempt for making their pos. high in one province
1909 morley minto reforms > india got say in the gov. ,separate electorates strethen their tie with minnorities
1911 patition reversed> hindu swadeshi mov ended, relation of hindu with british +

Failures
Muslims suffered under British gov. remained disloyal to thm
Bengal parition> hindu opposition
morly minto reforms> hindus opposed it
reversal of partition> loss support of muslims

Reaction score
hay fellas! i got a question in my mind that's our o lvl books such as farkhand noor muhammad and book of ghulam shabir (proven as best book) didnt contain all content in details, i came to the idea when i look upon 2014 pst ppr and there was a question upon rida war, i been also went to m.Scheme bt found some new :/ welll than which book is the best i mean the book having everything in details and clearing all that is required ?

Three books:
Yasmin Malik,
Farkhanda Noor ,
Iftikhar-ul-Haq

study from these three

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to answer part d) questions in geography, they have been changed and we are now given two statements A and B , we have to support one. The mark scheme is confusing. If anyone knows the proper way of attempting them reply to this post. Link(look at Q.1 part d):http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Pakistan Studies (2059)/2059_y15_sm_2.pdf
To achieve the highest marks , we are required to 'refer to places/examples you have studied in Pakistan to support your answer' , how to do that?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to answer part d) questions in geography, they have been changed and we are now given two statements A and B , we have to support one. The mark scheme is confusing. If anyone knows the proper way of attempting them reply to this post. Link(look at Q.1 part d):http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Pakistan Studies (2059)/2059_y15_sm_2.pdf
To achieve the highest marks , we are required to 'refer to places/examples you have studied in Pakistan to support your answer' , how to do that?
nothing is changed so much.. everything is same i think, likewise in previous it was written give e.g and refer places so nothing is new..
its for testing our understanding
e.g if question statement : A : mechanise industry will help in develpment of pakistan explain and give e.g
I agree with statement A because mechanise industry is very much importan for pakistan, the main import of pakistan is mechines and so it hinder trading balance. Furthemore if good mechanise industries could be made then a lot of minerals can be explore. likewise in Balochistan minerals have been founded but because of lack of machineries it cannot be explore. So if such industry could be made then Pakistan will get rich with minerals, it exports will be high due to the demand of minerals.. And so it economy will be increased which mean it can use on different policies and projects in this way Pakistan will be developed.

Reaction score

Start with the argument u know more of. Give 1 pt for it than shift towards the other side explaining a couple of points in that statements favour and then come to the first one making a total of six solid argument pts.
In the end give a conclusion which is better indicating the core reason.
Hope it might help you.

Reaction score
does anyone has notes of urdu A ( new syllabus ) , if then please post them here
Actually i need notes for poetry ( nazam ) only

Reaction score
Salam every one!
Post your Pak St., Islamiyat and Urdu doubts here. Members here will try and help you out, Insha'Allah!

I have a few questions which need to be answered can u guys help me out ??
Q1)Why did Simon Commission come to India ? [7]
Q2)Why did Simon Commission failed ? [7]
Q3)Why did Nehru published his report in 1928? [7]
Q4)Why did Nehru Report fail? [7]
HELP will be greatly appreciated !! :D
All 4 marks questions
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/history-4-part-questions-compilation-here.13263/
Q1)It was sent to resolve political crisis in india as british had realized that mont-ford reforms were no more than a breathing space.
It was also sent becuz conservative party feared to lose upcoming elections so it wanted to win local support
It was sent to look over political situation in india and was authorized to propose reforms regarding future constitution of india
Salam every one!
Post your Pak St., Islamiyat and Urdu doubts here. Members here will try and help you out, Insha'Allah!

I have a few questions which need to be answered can u guys help me out ??
Q1)Why did Simon Commission come to India ? [7]
Q2)Why did Simon Commission failed ? [7]
Q3)Why did Nehru published his report in 1928? [7]
Q4)Why did Nehru Report fail? [7]
HELP will be greatly appreciated !! :D
All 4 marks questions
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/history-4-part-questions-compilation-here.13263/