• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I have a question.. Please answer it... Thanks
a) What was Swadeshi Movement? (4)
b) Why was Muslim League established in 1906? (7)
c) Describe that how successful was British period from 1877-1911? Explain (14)

Reaction score
I was looking at the syllabus content for 2059/2 and came across certain things not written in the Huma Naz Sethi book I have. A book by F.Khan i think is endorsed by Cmabridge for Geography, is that better to use then? Or is there some other book better than these two I could use. If someone could enlighten me on this I would be grateful.
btw I do understand that geography is based heavily on general knowledge and there is not much need for a book but its good to be prepared for anything :)

Reaction score
Q Why did the British Government take control of the affairs of the East India Company in the early nineteenth century? [7.J.04]

One important reason of this control wasthe corruption of the East India Company. The officials of the Company were taking bribes from local merchants, local people lost employment opportunities and the Company did not spend any money for the welfare of locals. It was a scene of anarchy, confusion, bribery and corruption. This was making the British nation unpopular and cause of being called a bad nation. Therefore, the British government took control in their hand.

The British did not want to lose income from India. Since the British control over Indian lands was increasing day by day, it was not possible for a group of company directors to control a huge population. Political problems needed political solutions and for this purpose trained diplomats were needed. Thus In order to save their interests, the government took control in their hand.

Another reason was a possible Russian invasion. Russia was not far away from India. The Russians were equally advanced in weapons and war techniques. The British could not leave India to that risk and to prevent Russia, a trained team of diplomats was needed and for this purpose, they took control from the East India Company.

Source (http://ahsan-naqvi56.blogspot.com/?view=flipcard)

Well Thats What I copied from a blog, I wanted to ask Can we give reasons not present in the marking scheme.. ??? (corruption of Eic not in marking scheme)
E.g
marking scheme says

The volume of trade became so significant that the British government felt it was too valuable
an asset to leave in the hands of a private company even though the EIC was now holding its
possessions in trust for them. Also the fear of Russian expansion in Central Asia worried the
government and so Britain decided to shape its foreign policy by further expansion towards
Afghanistan to counter this threat. As Britain was becoming more involved prestige began to
be at stake and further expansion became inevitable especially after the defeat by the Afghans
at Kabul

Reaction score
Q Why did the British Government take control of the affairs of the East India Company in the early nineteenth century? [7.J.04]

Well Thats What I copied from a blog, I wanted to ask Can we give reasons not present in the marking scheme.. ??? (corruption of Eic not in marking scheme)

at Kabul

I think we can as long as it is a fact which it is as its written in nigel kelly.

Reaction score
Can i skip Section 3? In history

I would personally not skip it at least not all of it, since the first question will be compulsory and they might just add a little of section 3 into it. Just do it till Benazir or relations to stay safe.

Reaction score
plz help me with Pakistan std. paper.I'm going to appear in may june session 2015.I need guidance for the prepration of pak. std.how should i start my preprations?:):(

Reaction score
plz help me with Pakistan std. paper.I'm going to appear in may june session 2015.I need guidance for the prepration of pak. std.how should i start my preprations?:):(
Sec01 and sec,2 are super easy in history ... first cover those 2 sections then move to sec3

for Geo following chapters are imp so first prepare them ;
Industry , trade ,communication

Agriculture and water resources with climate and (ch-1)

Population

Reaction score
Aoa! Plz help me with pakistan studies paper may june 2015 session.Section 3 is compulsary so how should I prepare for it
Use Nigel Kelly book .
Make ur own Notes and prepare them . Simple!
remember not to skip sec3 3 cuz from now on this section is compulsory :)