• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Btw Syed how is your preparation of Islamiyat, Pak Studies and Urdu ?
Im confident towards my Islamiat preparations..
however ive just gone through first two sections in history.. I still have to study the both sections deeply.
Im good at Urdu In my Mocks i secured 107 marks in it.. but still i have to keep my practice on.. You never know about the translation thing, which costs alot if not done well..
Im least prepared for Geography.. I know its mostly common sense but still while practicing the past papers i secured marks like 50,57,62 they arent good marks at all..

Reaction score
What if you 've left with no space for a 4 marks answer and write it in the space of the question you left..?
Is it regarded correct?
No dont do that..
If this was allowed then they(CIE) wouldnt provide you with writing space in the paper itself.. They have given 3 pages for the answer.. Do the paper carefully. Avoid such Blunders.

Reaction score
however ive just gone through first two sections in history.. I still have to study the both sections deeply.
Im good at Urdu In my Mocks i secured 107 marks in it.. but still i have to keep my practice on.. You never know about the translation thing, which costs alot if not done well..
Im least prepared for Geography.. I know its mostly common sense but still while practicing the past papers i secured marks like 50,57,62 they arent good marks at all..
Can you give me some tips for Urdu which would not only improve it within a week but would also be easy to follow and less time consuming. ?
And regarding Islamiyat how have you prepared i.e. by reading multiple times or writing etc ? and have you skipped anything.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is Question 3 part C from Oct/Nov 2009.
You have to write about how it was justified:-
1- Bande Matram
2- Warda Scheme
3- Hindu Extremism
IN general, the congress rule tyranny.
But You must also write about how it was not justified:-
1- The unity between League and Congress became irreconcilable
2- Less chance of a united India
For better understanding do check the marking scheme.

Thanks but hey, I have a lot of points when it comes to explainimg its justification. I mean, can I go beyond than L3/10?
In other words, can I write more than four points why it was justified? Can I make ratio of 5:2 with the final conclusion?
Please reply and thanks!

Reaction score
Can you give me some tips for Urdu which would not only improve it within a week but would also be easy to follow and less time consuming. ?
And regarding Islamiyat how have you prepared i.e. by reading multiple times or writing etc ? and have you skipped anything.

I cant give any tips for that..:p i mean URDU.. cuz I too havent done any preparations for it. its just that im able to score high in my school exams in URDU thats why im confident towards it. Il just say practice the Translation thing.. Mostly student loose their marks in this.

For Islamiat.. Well all credits to my teacher.
she made us attempt so many papers that now we can solve a paper 15 minutes early.(let me mention, my writing was so slow that in my first attempt to Islamiat paper i left 28 marks paper. it was a joint paper 1 and 2 so 28 marks altogether).
Il advise you to just go through EVERYTHING. whether you just go through 1 time. Make sure that you keep storing the important points in your mind.
Ive left a bit of imamat. im done with IMAM Hassan,Hussain,Zain-ul-abideen-Bakir,jafer, and Imam Mehdi.. i wont do the rest.

well i practiced from a new book. Do go through this book if you think that you can. As there is really short time left.

Attachments

• Mastering-OLevel-Islamiyat.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
Reaction score
prepapre geo from our teacher notes present at rickyrocket website.............. :)

Reaction score
h
I cant give any tips for that..:p i mean URDU.. cuz I too havent done any preparations for it. its just that im able to score high in my school exams in URDU thats why im confident towards it. Il just say practice the Translation thing.. Mostly student loose their marks in this.

For Islamiat.. Well all credits to my teacher.
she made us attempt so many papers that now we can solve a paper 15 minutes early.(let me mention, my writing was so slow that in my first attempt to Islamiat paper i left 28 marks paper. it was a joint paper 1 and 2 so 28 marks altogether).
Il advise you to just go through EVERYTHING. whether you just go through 1 time. Make sure that you keep storing the important points in your mind.
Ive left a bit of imamat. im done with IMAM Hassan,Hussain,Zain-ul-abideen-Bakir,jafer, and Imam Mehdi.. i wont do the rest.

well i practiced from a new book. Do go through this book if you think that you can. As there is really short time left.
Have you done the topics likes qualities of compilers, features of sunni books etc?

Reaction score
Thanks but hey, I have a lot of points when it comes to explainimg its justification. I mean, can I go beyond than L3/10?
In other words, can I write more than four points why it was justified? Can I make ratio of 5:2 with the final conclusion?
Please reply and thanks!
Never do that. Never. Never try to be a smartass. You won't have enough time in the CIE. Try to establish a few points and elaborate them thoroughly. Quality is appreciated over quantity. I always get level 3/ 12 or 13 this way

Reaction score
Is it necessary to put quotations in Surahs?
And what about in Hadiths?
Also do we get marks when we put quotations?

Reaction score
Never do that. Never. Never try to be a smartass. You won't have enough time in the CIE. Try to establish a few points and elaborate them thoroughly. Quality is appreciated over quantity. I always get level 3/ 12 or 13 this way

Thanks! So, you mean if I get a question like 'To what extent did the Indian cause the Indian Mutiny of 1857 to fail?' [14]
I should write up to maximum four reasons saying about Indian weaknesses like 'Lack of unity, lack of arms, lack of leadership and no desire for Mughal Power regeneration'
But after that its compulsory for me to shift and give three more reasons regarding why the battle failed due to British powers, like 'Lord Canning's policy, superior wepeons, made Indians fight agains themselves'
So I agree four times and disagree thrice, then I give my conclusion and that's it? No more extra points and stuff and the ratio of 4:3 cannot and should not be changed?
Thanks and do reply!

Reaction score
Is it necessary to put quotations in Surahs?
And what about in Hadiths?
Also do we get marks when we put quotations?

Yes, you get mark for it but try to give quotation from another Surah otherwise it would be repition annd that would'nt award you with any marks.
In Hadith you can brief an incident or give ANOTHER hadith to support your answer as well.

Reaction score
Yes, you get mark for it but try to give quotation from another Surah otherwise it would be repition annd that would'nt award you with any marks.
In Hadith you can brief an incident or give ANOTHER hadith to support your answer as well.
How many quotations should I add?