• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
but I just saw the syllabus for 2014 and it says that we have to write about the distinctive way. what should I do then
Actually it is written in the syllabus that we have to write theme in a distinctive way however its a mistake of CIE as they have uploaded the specimen paper for and from 2012 onwards where importance is to be written and it is also evident from the papers of 2013 where importance is asked.
As for the evidence of my claims here is the specimen paper you may visit this url
http://www.cie.org.uk/images/148704-specimen-paper-1-for-2012-onwards.pdf

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can anyone please answer this:
Q. Why did the British take tough measures against the Muslim Community after the War of Independence?

Again I will be grateful if the person could tell me how many para's to make and what to mention in each para! :D

Reaction score
Yeah I know the answer. I wasn't feeling like writing it before so I only wrote the answer to the first Question.

Ans: The Government Act of India of 1935 was important to The subcontinent because it was for the first time the Provincial Ministers were given a large amount of autonomy to run the provinces and run the provincial legislature and the administration.This was a very prominent sign that the British were trying to hand over the government in the future to the Indians.
Although, the Provincial Governors were given special powers in two reserved subjects and could dismiss the ministers.Still the ministers were given the rights to some reserved subjects for the first time.
3) first time NWFP and Sindh given provincial status.
4) First time Muslim league fought elections and now were able to organize themselves better. they were able to understand how to contest for elections. This was very important for the 1945 elections and to know how to rule Pakistan.
5) the sub-continent was moving towards gaining more concessions and reforms thus reaching their goal of independence.
6) the princes were also were given the opportunity to play an important role and have a say in the government for the whole of the subcontinent and not just only their area, so their rights were increased.

Again, thanks.

Another ....................

Q1] Why was the Khilafat Movement founded? [7]

Q2] Why the partition of Bengal took place? [7]

Know these ones are easy but couldn't find more reasons than one to make a proper answer.

Reaction score
Ushnaaa,
That's crazy! 4 quotations or Ahadith develop and show that you can describe your answer in a very thoughtful and mature manner, given that you comment on them and support them. Be precise and ellaborative when it comes to using quotations as tools and not as just an excuse to avoid reasoning.
That's my opinion. I think you should know almost two to three Qur'anic quotations or Ahadith for every particular event/happening.

Reaction score
Ushnaaa,
That's crazy! 4 quotations or Ahadith develop and show that you can describe your answer in a very thoughtful and mature manner, given that you comment on them and support them. Be precise and ellaborative when it comes to using quotations as tools and not as just an excuse to avoid reasoning.
That's my opinion. I think you should know almost two to three Qur'anic quotations or Ahadith for every particular event/happening.
Well Im even elaborating and giving support,should I show you what I mean?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well Im even elaborating and giving support,should I show you what I mean?
No there's no need to show that to me. If you want to do it then go ahead and take the risk but I read on one of these forums that a kid got A and he gave a lot of quotations as well with the comments. Examiners want your understanding and knowledge regarding the matter so all the verses on one side, it should not be felt that you're trying to compensate for your lack of knowledge by balancing quotations on the paper.

Reaction score
My teacher always suggested to include as much quotes as possible,its not like im compensating or anything,you dont know what Im talking about,just leave it,thank you for your help.
No there's no need to show that to me. If you want to do it then go ahead and take the risk but I read on one of these forums that a kid got A and he gave a lot of quotations as well with the comments. Examiners want your understanding and knowledge regarding the matter so all the verses on one side, it should not be felt that you're trying to compensate for your lack of knowledge by balancing quotations on the paper.

Reaction score
I want to ask according to the 2013 paper there are three pages given for 14 marks question in Islamiyat,along with the important points should I also focus on length of the answer?

Reaction score
june p1 Q2(b),2003.
Explain how Muslims Reactions to these difficulties set an example for muslims today?
question is about those difficulties which they faced in their early days from pagans.
guide me to its suitable answer?:)

Reaction score
can anyone plzz tellll me abot the themes of quranic passages in 2014 syllabus.
what do we have to write in the part B, distinctive way or importance in muslim life?
Assalam-u-Alaikum,
We have to write Distintive way (as mentioned in the syllabus)
Actually it is written in the syllabus that we have to write theme in a distinctive way however its a mistake of CIE as they have uploaded the specimen paper for and from 2012 onwards where importance is to be written and it is also evident from the papers of 2013 where importance is asked.
As for the evidence of my claims here is the specimen paper you may visit this url
http://www.cie.org.uk/images/148704-specimen-paper-1-for-2012-onwards.pdf

I will post themes as soon as i will be free or may be tommoro.
You need them immidiately or not?
Thanks.

Last edited: