• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Any questions and quality answers on ''The accession of Princely states particularly the Kashmir'' Also the question: Do you think Kashmir issue was the most significant one for the newly born state? [14] Exact question can be seen from Nigel Kelly book..

Reaction score
So, it means that I should leave this topic???

I checked the syllabus from the CIE website,

Here it is:

YdtBJ28.jpg

So basically we just have to cover these points.

Reaction score
did the educational reforms were more important effects on the indians than the social,religious and economic ones introduced by the british during the years 1773-1856?
plz can anyone answer this question and plz tell which were the most important reforms
thanks in advance

Reaction score
Does anyone know why were there 2 islamiat paper 1 and 2 in this OCT-NOV 2013 session?
there were like
For paper 1
islamiat 11
islamiat 12
and for paper 2
Islamiat 21
Islamiat 22

Although there was no retake thing in this exam session...
Please can anyone explain this??

Reaction score
Pls answer the following questions with 3 reasons
q1) why was there hindi urdu controversy?
q2) why did sir syed make his two nations theory?
q3) why was khilafat movement started?

Reaction score
Little time is left and im bad in urdu language therefore could anyone aware me of major tips leading to A or A* in Urdu.

Reaction score
Re: HISTORY Rare questions !!

HEy bro I think you have provided one of the reasons wrong!
-Realisation of the inadequacy of the 1909 Reforms (this one is wrong)
I think that one of the was
-British stopped the Aligrah College for gaining the status of university!
The Nigel Kelly's book doesn't even contain this point

Reaction score
Little time is left and im bad in urdu language therefore could anyone aware me of major tips leading to A or A* in Urdu.
Yes:
1) good handwriting
2) use mahawar in the 1st paper in 1st and second Q about 10 .
3) Remember to use hard/good urdu words; increase your vocabulary
... I will tell u tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes:
1)For translation just remember THAT UNLIKE ENGLISH THE VERB IN URDU ALWAYS COMES AT THE END OF THE SENTENCE. Learn the names of few animals.
2)Increase your reading speed by reading newspaper or urdu articles daily for the comprehension.
3)Write the answers in your own words if the ask you and give a good opinion if they ask you to.
4) No need to learn 500 mahawarat just go through them and try to understand how to extract the meaning out of the mahawarat But still learn a few major ones for paper 1.
5)Learn 3-4 Shair and learn to link them with the topic.
6)If your spellings are bad then reflect on your mistakes and do daily dictation of 5-6 words.
7) Increase your knowledge on various topics.
NOTE: FOR GETTING AN A OR AN A* YOU MUST KNOW THE USSAGE OF MAHAWRAT AND YOU SHOULD USE HARD URDU WORDS IN YOUR WRITING AS 2.5 marks are allocated for these separately in the mazmoon. Otherwise a person standing on C and D can also get a B or an A or an A* student can also get a B. They ( examiner) looks weather you know how to make a sentence because if you can make a sentence using MAHAWRAT then how can you possibly get an A.
Last but not the least practice, practice and practice. Good luck!!

Reaction score
did the educational reforms were more important effects on the indians than the social,religious and economic ones introduced by the british during the years 1773-1856?
plz can anyone answer this question and plz tell which were the most important reforms
thanks in advance
It is answered perfectly in Nov 2011 redspot pastpapers Q1(c)

Reaction score
Q1 would never come as a 7 marker but would as a 4 marker so no need for me to answer it.

Q2 Solution
1) Description: One of the reasons for the development of two nation theory was the Hindu- Urdu controversy. (1)
Explanation: Hindus demanded hindi to be the official language of india in 1867 replacing urdu and also Sir Syed s members in Scientific society wanted articles to be published in hindi so Sir syed ahmed was shocked to see this and thus developed this theory. (2)

2) Description: Another reason was the Sir Syed s aim of realizing the Muslims of Hindu agendas. (1)
Explanation: Anti islamic and anti muslim agendas (joint electorate, competitive examination, Hindu Raj) and so predicted that they both cannot live together in the future with compassion and sympathy. (2)

3) Description: Lastly, Sir Syed developed the theory to have the Muslims realize its wisdom. (1)
Explanation: Forerunner of Pak. Movement and muslim demand for separate homeland in the future. It was due to this wisdom Sir syed was know as Father of the Pakistan Movement.

Reaction score

Q3 Solution:

1) D: To save the caliphate seat in Turkey
E: British plan to eradicate the seat by dividing turkey after WW1

2) D: British betrayal to Muslims.
E: British promise to Muslims to respect the Turkeys position with the condition of their participation.

3) D: Western countries especially Britain s unfair treatment with the Islamic countries.
E: Examples of Afghanistan and Persia about not consulting them on how they should be governed. So to save Turkey from such level of tragedy K.M was founded