• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Re: HISTORY Rare questions !!

well here goes another round of questions.

1.why was the partition of bengal reversed? (7)

2.What was the importance of the Lucknow Pact? (7)

MORE QUESTIONS TO FOLLOW.AND THESE ARE PRETTY EASY QUESTIONS MEANT JUST FOR REVISION....

Reaction score

Lets see For Question 1
-violent Hindu protest and marches made the British re-consider the partition.
-Assasination attempts made on the life of the Viceroy Lord Minto.
-The boycott of British good and the launch of Swadeshi movement threatened British industries.

For Second Question
-Compromised was reached between Hindus and Muslims which ensured peace between the two communities.
-The Combine demands of Congress and League made the British worried.
-It was the first and last demand which the Congress and League had agreed on.
Correct me if i m wrong as i have doubt in my second answer.

Reaction score

well your both answers are indeed very correct.

You could add this point as well.
1.The league came to believe that in order for their demands being heard by the british they had to work with the congress for the acceptance of the demands.
2.the congress was happy to give concessions to the league (as it had accepted separate electrorates for the first time) and gave the impression that the league was indeed a big party.

Well for toadys questions here we go,
1.what was the Rowlatt act? (4)
2.WHy was the khilafat movement formed? (7)

Thanks for answering in advance.

Reaction score

Thanks for the correction and btw no need to thank me! I should be the one thanking you as your posting Questions and taking interest. :D
I will answer Question 1 later! I m weak in 4 marks Questions :p
Lets see for Question 2
-Muslims held very high regards for Caliphate in Turkey and could not see it getting finished.
-Muslims wanted to express their views to British who promised no harm to Turkey.
-After the end of the war reports came form Europe which suggested that British and French wanted to punish the Turks.

Well I still have doubt in my answer! hope you will correct it ! :D

Reaction score

If you have read nigel kelly it says that the creation of the khilafat movement was not only formed because of fear of abolishment of khilafat .It was also formed after seeing:

1.THe treatment of germany and austria by the british when they divided both the lands of germans and tha austrians and made them pay (money) them for the losses that the allies had.

2.It was also formed after seeing that the british did not have a very good record in the treatment of the muslim countries column.the british and the russians had quarraled with each other on the division of afganistan and persia,in the end the issue was resolved but the views of the general public was neglected.

3.also you could add to point 1 is the fact that sir syed had said to the muslim that you can only prosper if the caliphate in turkey is not abolished . Well your answer to the question was pretty okay.Just add these points and you are goin to score 7/7 marks :D

Well let me answer my own question no 1.
1.in order to find out if revolutionary activity existed in the subcontinent a commision under judge rowlatt was set up to find out.(THIS WAS DONE AFTER SEEING THE REVOLUTIONISTS TAKE OVER THE GOVERNMENTS IN ALMOST THE WHOLE WORLD)
2.The commision reported that it did exist and ordered that the following laws should be inducted in the constitution.
a).arrest without warrant,(b)the court will advise you were to live and (c)and a law about deportation.

3. this law was met coldly by everyone and the indians were unhappy with it.IN order to show his disagreement to this law Jinnah resigned from his post in the EXECUTIVE CoUNCIL.

WELL HERE ARE TODAYS QUESTIONS.
1.WHY DID THE KHILAFAT MOVEMENT FAIL? (7)
2.WHAT WAS THE HIJRAT MOVEMENT? (7)

HAVE FUN ANSWERING THESE.

Reaction score

HEY SALMAN SINCE YOU ARE GIVING MATHS THIS YEAR YOU SHOULD BE KNOWING THIS TOPIC LIKE YOU JUST LEARNT IT YESTERDAY. SO CAN YOU HELP ME IN THIS TOPIC ON MATHS,HERE.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4817

Reaction score

and thanks for Correction Well Todays Questions Lets see.
Khilafat movement failed
-Gandhi withdrew the Support of Non-Cooperation movement after Chauri Chaura incident after which its lost its support.
-Failure of Hijrat movement caused its poplularity to fall.
-Finally the removal of Caliphate by Mustafa Kamal Attaruk and the Turks themselves was the major reason for its failure.

I think your second Question Should be of 4 marks as it contains What rather than Why !!

Reaction score

I think that failure of hijrat movement was not that important event for the failure of the khilafat movement instead you could writ this.
1.The third and last khilafat conference contained such anti british actions like not cooperating with british really worried the british who responded by imprisoning the ALI brothers.Therefore this also leads to the point that the the imprisonment of important leaders was indeed a point for its failure.

2.But yeah you must remember as you have in your answer that the most important point for its failure was the abolishment of caliphate by KEMAL ATTATURK,I missed this point when a question of 14 marks came of this particular question.

AND yeah just remember that the last question is indeed of 4 marks.

Reaction score

Thanks man. now that its of 4 marks then its answer would be
The Migration to Afghanistan by Muslims of India in 1919 as they were told by Mulana Kalam-ul-Azad that they should not live in Dar-ul-Harb(land under enemy control) So about 18000 Muslims sold their properties and migrated to Afghanistan but the Afghan Goverment did not welcumed them and they were forced to go back to India peniless many died in the way.

Reaction score

INDEED VERY CORRECT HEY JUST WANNA ASK YOU HAVE YOU DONE SEC 3 OF HISTORY .

Reaction score

Yeah I have! I don't know why people leave Section 3! Infact i m very good in section 3 :D

Reaction score

THEN GOOD AS WE CAN POST QUESTIONS OF SEC THREE AFTER WE FINISH WITH SEC 2

Reaction score

Aww man.. WHY!??!?!? Why is everyone doing section 3. It makes me feel scared, cuz i do not want to do it. Ill tell you why:

1. Its uninteresting.
2. Its mostly political, and i hate politics.
3. I want to spend these 2 months wholly on section 1 and 2.

Yes, people say section 3 is important, but there is always a choice. And if they dont give me a choice, ima sue their ass :D

Reaction score

Hey Section 3 isn't so bad! I think it's intersting and easier than Section 1 and 2 !! :D

Reaction score

Well i have mixed views about sec 3 at first it seemed that just like dragonninja said uninteresting ,political and other stuff but since i got scared and since i also had ample time i was forced to do it.And yeah it looks a little easier than i thought by looking at ti first.

Reaction score

Studying section 3 is just a waste of time.. maybe that's just me though. I primarily focused on section 3 about 2 weeks prior to the exam last May thinking it was really important, but the section 1/2 questions that came in the paper were relatively easier and I attempted them instead (and I skipped the section 3 question). I agree that it's uninteresting and extremely annoying, but that doesn't mean you should completely skip it though because you might find the section 1/2 questions difficult or harder.

Just focus mainly on section 1 and 2 if you really hate section 3.

Reaction score

I disagree i think we ourselves had made it difficult if you look at the examiner reports it always says that (Q1,2,3 which originally in the years before used to be questions from sec 1 and 2) these questions were most answered so the cie was forced to give more difficult questions from these two sections like they come now days. so we just have to learn them whether they are hard or not.

NOW ITS TIME TODAY FOR THE QUESTIONS:

1.WHAT WERE THE DELHI PROPOSALS? (4)
2.WHY DID JINNAH PRODUCE HIS FAMOUS FOURTEEN POINTS? (4)
3.WHAT WAS THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA ACT OF 1935? (4)

WELL IVE NOTICED A PATTERN IN THE PAST PAPERS THAT THE QUESTIONS FROM THIS TOPIC ARE MOSTLY COMPILED IN THE FORM OF A 14 MARKS QUESTION.
WELL NOW ANSWER THIS TRIO OF 4 MARK QUESTION IT IS INDEED REALLY EASY.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cricket ... 33574.html

wELL HERE YOU CAN JUST GET LIVE UPDATES OF THE MATCH OF PAKISTAN VS CANADA IF YOU INCIDENTALLY HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THE COMPUTER IT WOULD BE BETTER TO CHECK THE SCORE DIRECTLY FROM HERE THEN GO OPEN THE TV ... :D