• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan studies/history help!

Reaction score
Could some one help me start this question : "the Morley - Minto reforms did nothing to improve the position of the Muslims in India. Explain whether you agree or disagree with this statement."""
Plz it's urgent :(
Morley- Minto reforms were passed on 1909 to help increase the seats of the Indians in the government so it would help the main ruling government rule the sub-continent properly as the Indians will be able to voice their problems and suggestions.I agree with this statement that in reality the Morley-Minto did nothing to improve the Position of the Muslims in the government. The main aim of these reforms were to increase the seats of the Indians ( including the Muslims ) so that they would be able to advise their rulers. These seats only provided them a form to advise only they weren't associated with the process of policy making for their country. Although it may be noticed that this was for the first time they ( the Muslims ) were given one third seats in the government this did not matter because they didn't have any power to actually do any thing for the Muslim community within the Sub-continent.As a result these reforms did nothing to improve the position of the Muslims in India.
These are only the points for disagreeing with the Question. The question mainly depends on how you present your information in the best possible way. One more thing this Question can only come as a seven mark.

Reaction score
Ok so I have a question about the past paper pattern or whatever you call it ^.^ If a question, about Pakistan's relations with the US for example comes in an exam, is there ANY chance at all that a question about the SAME topic will be repeated the next year/session ?

Reaction score
Ok so I have a question about the past paper pattern or whatever you call it ^.^ If a question, about Pakistan's relations with the US for example comes in an exam, is there ANY chance at all that a question about the SAME topic will be repeated the next year/session ?
I guess, there are very less chances for it.

Reaction score
Omg thank you soo much it really helped a lot . you know what the main problem I have is that I am not good at giving an intro or ending of any descriptive question :/ so mainly that's why I asked on how to start . We'll now I know thnxs
Morley- Minto reforms were passed on 1909 to help increase the seats of the Indians in the government so it would help the main ruling government rule the sub-continent properly as the Indians will be able to voice their problems and suggestions.I agree with this statement that in reality the Morley-Minto did nothing to improve the Position of the Muslims in the government. The main aim of these reforms were to increase the seats of the Indians ( including the Muslims ) so that they would be able to advise their rulers. These seats only provided them a form to advise only they weren't associated with the process of policy making for their country. Although it may be noticed that this was for the first time they ( the Muslims ) were given one third seats in the government this did not matter because they didn't have any power to actually do any thing for the Muslim community within the Sub-continent.As a result these reforms did nothing to improve the position of the Muslims in India.
These are only the points for disagreeing with the Question. The question mainly depends on how you present your information in the best possible way. One more thing this Question can only come as a seven mark.

Reaction score
Introductory paragraphs certainly don't matter much but they may convince the examiner that you are a talented candidate. :D

Reaction score
Introductory paragraphs certainly don't matter much but they may convince the examiner that you are a talented candidate. :D

Reaction score

Reaction score
You have missed the most important point that Muslims were granted a separate electorate. Not only were the Morley Minto reforms not so good for them, it must not be forgotten that they were the first concessions offered by the British to the Muslims. We must also keep in mind the previous condition of the Muslims; they were denied rights, especially after the War of Independence, they were denied jobs, and this all seemed to be a dream come true. They were granted another opportunity.

Reaction score
You have missed the most important point that Muslims were granted a separate electorate. Not only were the Morley Minto reforms not so good for them, it must not be forgotten that they were the first concessions offered by the British to the Muslims. We must also keep in mind the previous condition of the Muslims; they were denied rights, especially after the War of Independence, they were denied jobs, and this all seemed to be a dream come true. They were granted another opportunity.
Well I did write that it was for the first time the Muslims were granted 1/3 seats in the government but I guess I forgot to mention that they were separate. Although in this answer I am trying to show the negative point of view, but thank you for the correction I'll keep that in mind.

Reaction score
Well I did write that it was for the first time the Muslims were granted 1/3 seats in the government but I guess I forgot to mention that they were separate. Although in this answer I am trying to show the negative point of view, but thank you for the correction I'll keep that in mind.
Remember that effects can be both positive and negative

Reaction score
I have a Question in 7 marks if they ask you that weather u agree or disagree do you have to mention both; like more about the one u choose n less for the other just like we do in the 14 marks.

Reaction score
I have a Question in the 7 marks Question if they ask you that weather you agree or disagree do you have to mention both; like more about the positive/negative one (the point u fav our) and a little about the one u don't choose just like the 14 marks Question?

Reaction score
I have a Question in 7 marks if they ask you that weather u agree or disagree do you have to mention both; like more about the one u choose n less for the other just like we do in the 14 marks.
Well the disagreeing and agreeing question is always a 14 mark question, as you have to discuss from both the perspectives; this is quite lengthily.