• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan studies/history help!

Reaction score
I wanted to know whether introductory paragraphs matter in history questions?
AND
Like that question of Allama Iqbal and Chaudary Rehmat ali
Its something like; Were the contributions of Allama Iqbal more important than the contibutions of Chaudary Rehmat ali?
Can you give me sample answer or some guidelines
AND also do i HAVE to include Allama Iqbals works like; Bang-e-dara and explain why they were important?:unsure:

Reaction score
long intro paras r jst waste of time. u need to explain 3 points in 7 mak question n abt 5 points in 14 mark with conclusion. u may start ur answer with something like 'firstly/secondly/ one of the reason for... etc. Though writing a single introductory sentenc in 14 mark is not really bad.
in the question u asked, u have to EXPLAIN the IMPORTANCE of contributions/works of both leaders. If questions specifies their contribution towards pakistan movemnt, u ll only focus on their work which was related to pak momnt in some way.. n do not waste time in describing or giving long details abt the personal life of leaders.. u just have to explain the importance of their works n give a brief conclusion at the end stating whose contribution was more important n y..
hope it helped :)

Reaction score
long intro paras r jst waste of time. u need to explain 3 points in 7 mak question n abt 5 points in 14 mark with conclusion. u may start ur answer with something like 'firstly/secondly/ one of the reason for... etc. Though writing a single introductory sentenc in 14 mark is not really bad.
in the question u asked, u have to EXPLAIN the IMPORTANCE of contributions/works of both leaders. If questions specifies their contribution towards pakistan movemnt, u ll only focus on their work which was related to pak momnt in some way.. n do not waste time in describing or giving long details abt the personal life of leaders.. u just have to explain the importance of their works n give a brief conclusion at the end stating whose contribution was more important n y..
So a 14 mark question should include:
Introduction (optional)
5-6 points explained that will give 5-6 paragraphs
Conclusion and Justification
Now i get the conclusion part but I don't know about justification :C Any help?

Reaction score
So a 14 mark question should include:
Introduction (optional)
5-6 points explained that will give 5-6 paragraphs
Conclusion and Justification
Now i get the conclusion part but I don't know about justification :C Any help?
you r rite.. as 4 the justification, u jst have 2 tell how u came to tht conclusion. for example, if u say allama iqbal's work was more important. along with that tell y? was it that he worked more thn ch.rehmat ali? or his contribution had a greater impact due 2 sum reason? keep in mind conclusion n justification shuld nt b more thn 2-4 lines max.

Reaction score
you r rite.. as 4 the justification, u jst have 2 tell how u came to tht conclusion. for example, if u say allama iqbal's work was more important. along with that tell y? was it that he worked more thn ch.rehmat ali? or his contribution had a greater impact due 2 sum reason? keep in mind conclusion n justification shuld nt b more thn 2-4 lines max.
I keep mixing up the conclusion with the justification :/ Thanks though ^_^

Reaction score
I keep mixing up the conclusion with the justification :/ Thanks though ^_^
u r welcome..
in simple words.. conclusion is ur answer n justification is the reason.
like if u write allama iqbal is better. thts conclusion. n y he is better.. thts justification :) n u have 2 write both in abt 2-4 lines.
hope i m nt confusing u.

Reaction score
u r welcome..
in simple words.. conclusion is ur answer n justification is the reason.
like if u write allama iqbal is better. thts conclusion. n y he is better.. thts justification :) n u have 2 write both in abt 2-4 lines.
hope i m nt confusing u.
But in a 14 mark question, we are suppose to write only the conclusion, no?

Reaction score
But in a 14 mark question, we are suppose to write only the conclusion, no?
yes, we have to write conclusion only but keep in mind that conclusion is not a simple statement answering the question. you have to give the reason for your conclusion. that makes it complete, proper conclusion.. :)

Reaction score
yes, we have to write conclusion only but keep in mind that conclusion is not a simple statement answering the question. you have to give the reason for your conclusion. that makes it complete, proper conclusion.. :)
Ahan. So we need to justify the conclusion with an example or something?

Reaction score
THANKS alot but wait a sec some acadamy kids have been saying that if your first point in a 7mark Question is correct and explained/ analysed you achieve 5 marks straight away, and you get 1 mark for the other two points that you write. What do you say about that? is it that way or not?

Reaction score
THANKS alot but wait a sec some acadamy kids have been saying that if your first point in a 7mark Question is correct and explained/ analysed you achieve 5 marks straight away, and you get 1 mark for the other two points that you write. What do you say about that? is it that way or not?
thts level marking.. i m not very sure if that is true bt i also came across somthing similar. Bt wht i think is tht is applicable. as stated in marking scheme for level 3 (5-7 marks) for explaining reasons. So in my opinion, tht is rite bt it is EXPLAINING reasons. jst stating or describing thm ll nt give u gud score.

Reaction score
thts level marking.. i m not very sure if that is true bt i also came across somthing similar. Bt wht i think is tht is applicable. as stated in marking scheme for level 3 (5-7 marks) for explaining reasons. So in my opinion, tht is rite bt it is EXPLAINING reasons. jst stating or describing thm ll nt give u gud score.
but i'm still not clear about this though :/ I mean it just somehow or the other sounds like a riddle to understand level marking. I'm not sure i still get this. Would it be possible if you could explain a bit?

Reaction score
but i'm still not clear about this though :/ I mean it just somehow or the other sounds like a riddle to understand level marking. I'm not sure i still get this. Would it be possible if you could explain a bit?
jst understand tht level marking is the scale grading of 'QUALITY' of ur answer. the better u explain, higher score u can get. However, better explainations does not always mean lenghty answers. Talking abt 7 mark question, If you explain ur reasons, u can get score in range 5-7 marks. Similarly, just stating or describing reasons will lower ur score. So for higher scofres in 14 n 7 mark questions, EXPLAIN ur reasons. 3 reasons for 7 marks n abt 5 reasons for 14 marks + conclusion. Stay to the point, relevant, avoid long intro n descriptions, focus on telling HOW a particulr reason lead to the event referred in the question and you can score the max. :)

Reaction score
jst understand tht level marking is the scale grading of 'QUALITY' of ur answer. the better u explain, higher score u can get. However, better explainations does not always mean lenghty answers. Talking abt 7 mark question, If you explain ur reasons, u can get score in range 5-7 marks. Similarly, just stating or describing reasons will lower ur score. So for higher scofres in 14 n 7 mark questions, EXPLAIN ur reasons. 3 reasons for 7 marks n abt 5 reasons for 14 marks + conclusion. Stay to the point, relevant, avoid long intro n descriptions, focus on telling HOW a particulr reason lead to the event referred in the question and you can score the max. :)
Thanks :) i think i'll be less muddled with level marking now Thanks a ton!

Reaction score
The biggest mistake anyone can make in History is ''describe''!
In a 7 and 14 marker, you need to explain...FOR EXAMPLE:
WHY WAS BENGAL PARTITIONED?
suppose I write: The province was too big and the population was high
notice, I havent ''explained''
This will be a much better point: The province was too big and the population was high, thus administration was difficult, hence, Bengal was partitioned to improve administrative efficiency.

You're Welcome