• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pak studies help

Reaction score
As you might already know that in 14-mark question, you have to discuss at least 3 factors for whatever the question is about. Like:
Did Hajji Shariat Ullah contribute more to the spread of Islam than anyone else in the sub-continent before 1850? Explain your answer. [14]
Whether you agree or disagree, you have to support your opinion, like in the above, you disagree that Haji Shariat Ullah contributed better than anyone else. You go in favor of Shah Wali Ullah, you have to show that he (Shah Wali Ullah) was really the most important by discussing his successes. You would discuss at least three personalities, the first would be the one from question (here it is Haji Shariatullah), second you can take anyone like Syed Ahmed Shaheed Barelvi. And the 3rd would be the person you are in favor of (here Shah WaliUllah). The last para, finally, is the evaluation of what you have discussed above. The three top paragraphs will be all but discussion about their efforts. Here, in last para, you could say that the efforts were made by Haji ShariatUllah and Syed Ahmed however, they were not very successful, since they brought no or little change. But, Shah Wali Ullah 's efforts, although, brought little change at start but they were the forerunners of all the later movements like of Sir Syed Ahmed. It was, basically, Shah Wali Ullah's ideas that the later great leaders like M. A. Jinnah and Allama Iqbal acted upon. These, you have given the reasons why you go in favor of Shah Wali Ullah.

the 14-mark question, in fact, is like an argumentative. The better you express your point, the better marks you get. If you haven't enough time to discuss the points much, but a better summing up of the question can bring you better marks. And remember, this question should NEVER be ruttfaied! Examiner looks for clues of nonsense which can come from ruttafication and once discovered, you can't achieve a good mark. The more you use your reasoning and your own thinking, the better you achieve.

Best of Luck

Reaction score
As you might already know that in 14-mark question, you have to discuss at least 3 factors for whatever the question is about. Like:
Did Hajji Shariat Ullah contribute more to the spread of Islam than anyone else in the sub-continent before 1850? Explain your answer. [14]
Whether you agree or disagree, you have to support your opinion, like in the above, you disagree that Haji Shariat Ullah contributed better than anyone else. You go in favor of Shah Wali Ullah, you have to show that he (Shah Wali Ullah) was really the most important by discussing his successes. You would discuss at least three personalities, the first would be the one from question (here it is Haji Shariatullah), second you can take anyone like Syed Ahmed Shaheed Barelvi. And the 3rd would be the person you are in favor of (here Shah WaliUllah). The last para, finally, is the evaluation of what you have discussed above. The three top paragraphs will be all but discussion about their efforts. Here, in last para, you could say that the efforts were made by Haji ShariatUllah and Syed Ahmed however, they were not very successful, since they brought no or little change. But, Shah Wali Ullah 's efforts, although, brought little change at start but they were the forerunners of all the later movements like of Sir Syed Ahmed. It was, basically, Shah Wali Ullah's ideas that the later great leaders like M. A. Jinnah and Allama Iqbal acted upon. These, you have given the reasons why you go in favor of Shah Wali Ullah.

the 14-mark question, in fact, is like an argumentative. The better you express your point, the better marks you get. If you haven't enough time to discuss the points much, but a better summing up of the question can bring you better marks. And remember, this question should NEVER be ruttfaied! Examiner looks for clues of nonsense which can come from ruttafication and once discovered, you can't achieve a good mark. The more you use your reasoning and your own thinking, the better you achieve.

Best of Luck

well that was a great help but in the starting we have to give an intro which contains one marks so how can i start my answer with a powerful intro................any ideas like our teacher have told us to start -------In order to see whether the above statement is correct we need to go through or we need to examine the following reasons.
firstly,.................
like that but i want some more ideas

Reaction score
Dear RAMEEZA, there is no opening paragraph as such you mentioned. Although, if without that sentence, your answer is incomplete, you may mention it but the more to-the-point is our answer, the better it is liked by examiner. Examiners look for facts that really mean something and can be given credits. If you wander around in sentences like 'what I think is that' or saying like 'Shah Wali Ullah was really a great leader' instead of that you could simply tell the main fact i.e. why Shah Wali Ullah was a great leader? I hope you understand what I mean. And you don't need to aim for marks, aim for the Levels of mark scheme. You need to see the Mark Schemes for better approach. Here I am attaching the mark scheme of November 2011 in which the above mentioned question about Shah Wali Ullah can be seen.

Attachments

• 2011 November ms.pdf
    138.5 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
Dear RAMEEZA, there is no opening paragraph as such you mentioned. Although, if without that sentence, your answer is incomplete, you may mention it but the more to-the-point is our answer, the better it is liked by examiner. Examiners look for facts that really mean something and can be given credits. If you wander around in sentences like 'what I think is that' or saying like 'Shah Wali Ullah was really a great leader' instead of that you could simply tell the main fact i.e. why Shah Wali Ullah was a great leader? I hope you understand what I mean. And you don't need to aim for marks, aim for the Levels of mark scheme. You need to see the Mark Schemes for better approach. Here I am attaching the mark scheme of November 2011 in which the above mentioned question about Shah Wali Ullah can be seen.

well thanks:)

Reaction score
am bit confuse in pakistan studies to sum up the answer specially 14 marks one..........any help plzzzz
For a 14 mark question, 3-4 points are enough. Write them separately in paragraphs, and do use firstly, secondly, thirdly to discuss points. A length of about a single (Cambridge) exam sheet is enough. I wrote the same length, and achieved an A.

Reaction score
For a 14 mark question, 3-4 points are enough. Write them separately in paragraphs, and do use firstly, secondly, thirdly to discuss points. A length of about a single (Cambridge) exam sheet is enough. I wrote the same length, and achieved an A.

yeah........i do the same as our teacher has told that 1st reason is of 8 marks right but how many maximum lines are required?

Reaction score
You gonna be kidding me :/ Got an A with writing just 3-4 reason for 14 marks, our teacher and the majority of others students nd teachers are telling us to write 5-6 reasons separately in para...

Reaction score
You gonna be kidding me :/ Got an A with writing just 3-4 reason for 14 marks, our teacher and the majority of others students nd teachers are telling us to write 5-6 reasons separately in para...
5-6 reasons?:eek: They're alot! I just wrote 3-4 and yeah in separate paragraphs.

Reaction score
I just wrote a single page of the exam sheet for 14-marks, 3/4th for 7-marks and less than half for 4-marks.
5-6 reasons?:eek: They're alot! I just wrote 3-4 and yeah in separate paragraphs.
Its our teacher fault than, Realy i now hate her -_- .... we wrote 5-6 reasons along with gr8 details plus give a conclusion but still she give us 10 marks wuld u believe it..

Reaction score
Its our teacher fault than, Realy i now hate her -_- .... we wrote 5-6 reasons along with gr8 details plus give a conclusion but still she give us 10 marks wuld u believe it..
Yeah when I was giving my exam, my teacher used to give me a D or an E, but when I appeared I (Alhamdulillah) got an A.

Reaction score
Yeah when I was giving my exam, my teacher used to give me a D or an E, but when I appeared I (Alhamdulillah) got an A.
Congratz For A... And thnks for making ma mind more clear... would u tell me which mistakes u have done in exam which make u degrade to achieve A rather than A*

Reaction score
Congratz For A... And thnks for making ma mind more clear... would u tell me which mistakes u have done in exam which make u degrade to achieve A rather than A*
It was just because of Paper 2. It really sucks.:confused: