• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

P1 MCQ's preparation thread for chemistry ONLY!!!!

Reaction score
ehmm ...any1 having doubts can inbox me ...the thread is too messed up ..its difficult to look for those who posted questions

Reaction score
MJ 2011 Q 28 - see reducing agent ; the one that basically gets oxidized ; looses it's electron . So here the one that gets oxidized most is the strongest because X^- formed into X2 is oxidation which happened 2 times (most) so it's strongest reducing agent
I really hope u get it :/

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/... AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_w09_qp_11.pdf
Why in question 28 is it C not B.....plzzz help me out I'll be really really thankful
Please please please !!
draw the ions out
– CH2CO2CH3, the hydrogen is lost from the ester group
In B, it is a combination of ethanal with CH3CO2CH2- where the hydrogen is lost from the akyl group of the ester

so it is not combined with – CH2CO2CH3

Reaction score
You have to know the reaction that takes place when NH3 is added to AgCl.
AgCl + 2NH3 = [Ag(NH3)3]+ + Cl-. It doesn't act as a base because there's no NH4+ formed. It doesn't act as a reducing agent because nothing is reduced. A ligand is just a complex ion. Now all you have to do is decide whether it's formed with Cl- or Ag+.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Answer is C. Since, –CH2CO2CH3 ions are produced in the presence of strong base, therefore A is not possible. And since a aldehyde should react with it, B and D are not possible since both are ketones and not aldehydes.
hey, why A is not correct?

Reaction score
The Boltzmann distribution shows the number of molecules having a particular kinetic energy at
constant temperature.

number of gas
molecules having
a given energy
kinetic energy
N
L M
Ea
If the temperature is decreased by 10 °C, what happens to the size of the areas labelled L, M and
N?

L M N
A decreases decreases decreases
B decreases increases decreases
C increases decreases decreases
D increases decreases increases

Reaction score
The Boltzmann distribution shows the number of molecules having a particular kinetic energy at
constant temperature.

number of gas
molecules having
a given energy
kinetic energy
N
L M
Ea
If the temperature is decreased by 10 °C, what happens to the size of the areas labelled L, M and
N?

L M N
A decreases decreases decreases
B decreases increases decreases
C increases decreases decreases
D increases decreases increases

Reaction score
0.96g of oxygen gas is contained in a glass vessel of volume 7000 cm3 at a temperature of 30°C.
What is the pressure in the vessel?
A 1.1 kPa
B 2.1 kPa
C 10.8 kPa
D 21.6 kPa