• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O'Level Islamiyat help...

Reaction score
Master Minds is it possible to do selective study in Islamiat and Geography??
I guess with selective study you mean leaving some part of syllabus on choice. If that is so, the answer is yes, given that you are appearing for ppr b4 2015. in geo, u need to answer 3 out of 5 questions. So you may skip any 2 complete topics from 12 (Huma Naz's book) with full confidence tht u ll still b able to score really well.
For Islamiat, you need to study every topic bu u may skip selective details from sum topics. Like u may skip a few personalities frm First Islamic Community but that is all at ur own risk. As in recent pprs in isl, cie is giving new questions wich were nvr asked b4 so u need to b careful in choosing that selective details t skip.....

Reaction score
I also want to ask that according to the 2013 paper there are three pages given for 14 marks question in Islamiyat,along with the important points should I also focus on length of the answer?

Reaction score
I also want to ask that according to the 2013 paper there are three pages given for 14 marks question in Islamiyat,along with the important points should I also focus on length of the answer?
your answer should be of essay length and that should fit on those 3 pages. However, there is no harm if you write more but that may limit your time for other questions. So 3 pages are enough for 14 mark answer given tht u have nicely summarized all the required points.
What matters more is quality instead of length.. that is just a rough idea tht ur answer should be of round about 2-3 pages bt thts nt a compulsion

Reaction score
your answer should be of essay length and that should fit on those 3 pages. However, there is no harm if you write more but that may limit your time for other questions. So 3 pages are enough for 14 mark answer given tht u have nicely summarized all the required points.
What matters more is quality instead of length.. that is just a rough idea tht ur answer should be of round about 2-3 pages bt thts nt a compulsion
And by 14 I mean 10 and 4 marks question will be written on those three pages,how much should I use for 4 marks answer?And also in 4 marks answer how many quotations should I add?

Reaction score
And by 14 I mean 10 and 4 marks question will be written on those three pages,how much should I use for 4 marks answer?And also in 4 marks answer how many quotations should I add?
Abt half page ll b enough for 4 marks ... u may add 1-2 quotations or a real life example to explain ur point

Reaction score
Master Minds I wanna know,do quotations from islamic scholars get credited in exams?As quranic and hadith do.
Not really. Quran and Hadith r the ultimate source of guidance in Islam... any scholar, no matter how experienced is he, refers to Quran and Hadith in every case. Even Ijma and Qiyas r also based on these 2 sources. in islam, no one can add anything to Allah's commands n so refering to scholar's quote as a strong guidance or reference is nt suitable in any case. Difference of opinion b/w scholars is also a reason for this. So avoid quotations from scholars... depend on Quran and Hadith only. However, if u listn to scholar's lectures refarding Islam, u may use that knowledge to explain Quranic passages and Hadith n also apply tht knowledge in 4 mark questions bt w/out any mention of the scholar's name frm were u took tht info.. if u successfully apply tht knowledge frm scholrs, it can b a gr8 plus point 4 u 2 score really high. :)

Reaction score
Not really. Quran and Hadith r the ultimate source of guidance in Islam... any scholar, no matter how experienced is he, refers to Quran and Hadith in every case. Even Ijma and Qiyas r also based on these 2 sources. in islam, no one can add anything to Allah's commands n so refering to scholar's quote as a strong guidance or reference is nt suitable in any case. Difference of opinion b/w scholars is also a reason for this. So avoid quotations from scholars... depend on Quran and Hadith only. However, if u listn to scholar's lectures refarding Islam, u may use that knowledge to explain Quranic passages and Hadith n also apply tht knowledge in 4 mark questions bt w/out any mention of the scholar's name frm were u took tht info.. if u successfully apply tht knowledge frm scholrs, it can b a gr8 plus point 4 u 2 score really high. :)
Ive seen in many chapters that there are quotes from scholars to make the meaning clear or to make understandable,so will I get credited if I mention the name and quote,answer me in yes or no. :p

Reaction score
Ive seen in many chapters that there are quotes from scholars to make the meaning clear or to make understandable,so will I get credited if I mention the name and quote,answer me in yes or no. :p
See whatever statements that scholors make are actually just statements from the Quran and Sunnah. However, if you could write quotations of the close companions of the Prophet (Peace be Upon him), then that would be okay. The examiner might or might not support the views of a specific scholar, particularly when it comes to Pakistani scholars, cuz every one follows on their own path. So when everything is included in the Quran and Sunnah, why write the quotations of scholars? :confused:

Reaction score
See whatever statements that scholors make are actually just statements from the Quran and Sunnah. However, if you could write quotations of the close companions of the Prophet (Peace be Upon him), then that would be okay. The examiner might or might not support the views of a specific scholar, particularly when it comes to Pakistani scholars, cuz every one follows on their own path. So when everything is included in the Quran and Sunnah, why write the quotations of scholars? :confused:
They are not specifically quotes,Ill give you example,there is a hadith or quranic quotation written after that there is some saying from a scholar and its explaining the same thing with some of the same words.If I am able to take a picture,I will show to make it clearer.

Reaction score
They are not specifically quotes,Ill give you example,there is a hadith or quranic quotation written after that there is some saying from a scholar and its explaining the same thing with some of the same words.If I am able to take a picture,I will show to make it clearer.
I guess u r confusing the nnames of Hadith hooks with names of scholars...mostly wen a Quranic verse is written, there is a reference number at the end telling the Surah n Ayat no. N at the end of Hadith, ghere is the name of book or sourxe writtn like Tirmidhi, ibn Muljim etc. I hope this solves ur problm :)