• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

OCT/NOV 2017 :discussion and doubts [Official thread]

Reaction score
Thnx lot again Adeen ! Btw wt grades dd u get in IGCSE / Olevels ?? Plz list down all ur subs and grades in em .
No prob ;)
I only gave 3 subs this may/June 2017 and I'm gonna give the reamaning two now
Chemistry-A*
Physics- A
English- A
And well I was a private candidate and literally had just 5 months to prepare for these igcses so thats why I didn't achieve that great grades...:(
And Math and Computer Science are the two remaining ones

Reaction score
No prob ;)
Chemistry-A*
Physics- A
English- A
And well I was a private candidate and literally had just 5 months to prepare for these igcses so thats why I didn't achieve that great grades...:(

What resources did you use for Chem and Physics? apart from past papers..

Reaction score
Oh its fyn , btw good work :)
No prob ;)
Chemistry-A*
Physics- A
English- A

Reaction score
any tips for economics (0455) and Additional Math (0606), I just started with them and gonna appear in may/june 2018

Reaction score
I don't understand ..... u guyz r doing o level n u get grades as A*, A, B ...... Here in my country , it's 4 a level dat we get these results ..... 4 o level we get grades as 1,2,3...... why so ????

Reaction score
any tips for economics (0455) and Additional Math (0606), I just started with them and gonna appear in may/june 2018
Idk 4 eco but 4 add maths u will hav 2 understand the concepts well n u will have 2 make lots of practice frm past exam papers ..... n add maths is not like any other subjects ... u must constantly revise the chapters or u will 4get everything .. ur base must b really good ... u should pay lots off attention when ur teacher is xplaining a method cuz sometimes they can seem a bit confusing .....
Hope it helps :)

Reaction score
If u hav any problem in add maths, u can ask me anytime n I have some new simple methods 4 some chapters like completing the square n polynomial ... if u want I can give me ....

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't understand ..... u guyz r doing o level n u get grades as A*, A, B ...... Here in my country , it's 4 a level dat we get these results ..... 4 o level we get grades as 1,2,3...... why so ????
some countries have letter grading system, while others have number grading system, I guess Mauritius is a number system

Reaction score
guys, for all the 3 sciences (Bio,Chem & Phy)

what is recommended? Paper 5 or Paper 6? for IGCSE

and tell me which of them gets overall more marks?

Reaction score
guys, for all the 3 sciences (Bio,Chem & Phy)

what is recommended? Paper 5 or Paper 6? for IGCSE

and tell me which of them gets overall more marks?

paper 6, especially if you are doing private, or haven't done any real lab practicals by yourself at school

Unless you have done many experiments thoroughly, then you may want to appear paper 5,if not then stick to paper 6