• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

OCT/NOV 2016 SESSION DICUSSION+ DOUBTS+NOTES

Shall I take 0510 or 0511 and why?

Votes: 13 92.9%

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
i kinda find it easy. the question where i actually screwed up was the bar chart. it says to plot for both male and female so i got confused and made a histogram using "all students" data. the question wasn't clear enough to me. half of my batch made it using all students while other half separated male and female.
Lucky you!
Ohh yes we were halfway confused too.... but here we made a compound bar chart of both male n female... if we would separate male and female totally... in a bar chart all infos shud be separated with equal width.. it would be impossible as we would need 12 spaces but there was one lacking..
N there was a student who did male and female n the average like u

Reaction score
i kinda find it easy. the question where i actually screwed up was the bar chart. it says to plot for both male and female so i got confused and made a histogram using "all students" data. the question wasn't clear enough to me. half of my batch made it using all students while other half separated male and female.
kareem weren't you doing AL ?

Reaction score
let me guess the numbers in batch....7?
A2 is an advanced syllabus to As. A2 and As together is A level

beware,As is nowhere near difficulty of A2. A2 is like that giant cow that you try to punch in the face but no matter how hard you punch...it's face doesn't seem to move or tilt anywhere.
A2 is easy man trust me :D
(I hope you understood what I mean xD )

Reaction score
Can you please share the oct/nov 2016 papers, preferably :
1) accounting (0452)
2) business studies (0450)
3) economics (0455)
4) hindi as second language (0459)
5) information and communication technology (0417)
6) physics (0625)
7) chemistry (0620)

Please share any possible examination paper asap

Reaction score
Paper 6 just had 4 questions.. paper 4 had 10 or something

Anyways.. the first one was all about solids liquids and gases. know how they move. their positions. their force of attraction. their particles. like they r close or far bla bla
Then it was abt the changes in states of matter. evaporation/boiling/freezing

Im not gonna go in order bcoz i dont remember well..
but there was the mole concept.. we had to calculate the moles , volume, concentration of a particle. so know all the formula

The other part was meaning of relative molecular mass, Atomic number, Nucleon number . N there was a questuon : Why chlorine doesn't have a whole number in the atomic mass 35.5. There was a table to solve.. of the electron number/proton number/atomic mass to fill in some.

The other part was Bauxite, electrolysis of iron, the formula, what goes in the cathode, whts in the anode, why anode should be replaced

Then there were questions with reactions.. Something of copper and nitric acid .. Excess on nitric acid with copper carbonate etc. What can u see.. like fizzing, when passed through limewater it goes milky, the color of precipitate formed (know the test.. they brought it in paper 4 too) n we had to balance 1 equation

Then there was a part of bonding.. i think it was covalent bonding... we had to draw structure of a metallic bonding.. write the meaning.. n differentiate with the other type of bonding. Then we had to write uses of aluminium. 2. it was that or they asked us why we use it in airplanes n in cooking.

There was a part of chromatography we had to solve for the rf value.. using ruler (they gave the diagram) .. we also had to explain the process.. a diagram was gud to draw.

The other part of organic chem was propane and chlorine... Propene and bromine
There was one thing of chlorine potassium bromide
We had to draw structures n give the name of the substances made

There was another part of how acid rain forms.. how it affects the environment.. what is involved.. n there was the part of oxides of nitrogen in the engines of the car when its too hot.. n there was also a question to give 2 sources of methane

There was the process of hydrogenation/hydration/hydrolysis/substitution/addition/polymerisation know how they work
Protein into amino acid process
Know the meanings of alkane/alkene

I hope im not forgetting something

I did CHEMISTRY 0620/42/o/n/16 = VARIANT 2

Reaction score
Paper 6 =
The first part was methods of separating mixtures.. there was fractional distillation, filtration, evaporation, crystallisation. know the designs bcoz we had to choose letters n write them in the boxes.

The second part was burette reading.. the burettes were upside down so make sure not to get confused.
Using the burette reading we had to plot a graph and the graph wasnt straight. the follow up question was why wasnt it straight.. bcoz one of the reading was incorrect n didnt appear in the graph (it was anomalous). then u had to read which point it was n write. then using the kinetic theory (when particles are in a greater concentration the rate is faster / the surface area/catalyst n stuff) we had to give a small explanation abt what would happen if the concentration of it would be increased n then plot the graph.

The third part was the test.. make sure u know the flame test colors. n the white precipitate n other colors.. the answer was zinc nitrate i think or calcium carbonate but memorize of zinc calcium n iron

The fourth part was the experiment, we had 7 points. a drawing was needed for getting to reach full marks. it was abt electroplating a ring with copper. so know where the ring is placed. which electrodes we use. cathodes n anodes. From where to where the copper ions travel.

I hope im not forgetting anything but make sure to study those topics..

Reaction score
Can you please share the oct/nov 2016 papers, preferably :
1) accounting (0452)
2) business studies (0450)
3) economics (0455)
4) hindi as second language (0459)
5) information and communication technology (0417)
6) physics (0625)
7) chemistry (0620)

Please share any possible examination paper asap
When you have them can you post them plz ASAP