• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

OCT/NOV 2016 SESSION DICUSSION+ DOUBTS+NOTES

Shall I take 0510 or 0511 and why?

Votes: 13 92.9%

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
i don't know. i found paper 22 and 62 to be easy so i think an A* is possible. for an A-level student, paper 42 was okay but for an igcse student...this is one hell of a paper! and since this is an igcse exam , i am talking from a side view of igcse student. it's very awkward how i got an A in As bio and i still find some difficulties in igcse bio.
Kill Me Now...
you'll get an A*, IA

Reaction score
i took bio paper 42 and i have to say, this one of the hardest bio papers i have ever solved in igcse. the thing is... it was really long and had plenty of new questions that didn't appear in the past papers. however thanks to some of my knowledge in as and a2 biology, i was able to save myself in a few questions.
Hello.. haha ya it was kinda hard,.. they gave the topics which were new and recently added to the syllabus. wow nice
They r adding AS stuff. anyways gud luck for the rest if u r doing any

Reaction score
I definitely will :d thnx for the suggestion
thnx :*

my papers went terrible, but Alhamdullilah I got an A, it was alll Allah's blessing nothing more. :)

ya i guess it is. maybe thats why i love all my siblings :)
Ohhh many people say that n gud scores hehe yes thanks to God and his countless blessings.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i don't know. i found paper 22 and 62 to be easy so i think an A* is possible. for an A-level student, paper 42 was okay but for an igcse student...this is one hell of a paper! and since this is an igcse exam , i am talking from a side view of igcse student. it's very awkward how i got an A in As bio and i still find some difficulties in igcse bio.
Whoaa u studied AS level n u found this paper.. it wasnt that hard

Last edited:
Reaction score
Whoaa u studied AS level n u found this paper.. it wasnt thtat hard
are you saying that this paper wasn't that hard? good for you because most of the candidates( about 50 students) who took exam with me in the same hall got out of the exam so disappointed and sad and complaining that paper 42 is hellish. if i didn't study As and A2, i would be doomed . to be honest, most of the paper came based on old syllabus whilst the new syllabus questions were straightforward. the real problem with this exam is that 90% of the paper didn't appear before in the past papers thus you are not sure whether your answer is partially or entirely correct.

Reaction score
are you saying that this paper wasn't that hard? good for you because most of the candidates( about 50 students) who took exam with me in the same hall got out of the exam so disappointed and sad and complaining that paper 42 is hellish. if i didn't study As and A2, i would be doomed . to be honest, most of the paper came based on old syllabus whilst the new syllabus questions were straightforward. the real problem with this exam is that 90% of the paper didn't appear before in the past papers thus you are not sure whether your answer is partially or entirely correct.
Almost the entire batch and I didnt find the paper so hard.. we were actually expecting it to be something harder doing variant 2. but thank God it wasnt so hard.. the paper 6's experiment was really weird of dry mass due to us not having any practical experiment here but overall it was easy. yes the old style questions some were there but the new ones like the part of DNA right they were straightforward hehe yep u never know.. lets hope the threshold will be gud. what other subjects r u doing? i have 3 papers of physics to go n 2 of chem

Reaction score
Maybe the style of teaching here n there is different.. books maybe? teachers? anything is possible

Reaction score
Almost the entire batch and I didnt find the paper so hard.. we were actually expecting it to be something harder doing variant 2. but thank God it wasnt so hard.. the paper 6's experiment was really weird of dry mass due to us not having any practical experiment here but overall it was easy. yes the old style questions some were there but the new ones like the part of DNA right they were straightforward hehe yep u never know.. lets hope the threshold will be gud. what other subjects r u doing? i have 3 papers of physics to go n 2 of chem
i was doing igcse ict and A2 biology this session.... if the curve ever got higher unexpectedly for variant 2...i am going to blame you and your entire batch lol :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
dry mass? i don't remember encountering questions related to that at all in paper 6 o_O

Reaction score
i was doing igcse ict and A2 biology this session.... if the curve ever got higher unexpectedly for variant 2...i am going to blame you and your entire batch lol :ROFLMAO:
Nice gud luck.. btw wht is A2? A levels?
No wayyy man haaha
Ill allow u to guess how many we r in my batch n then blame me n them

Reaction score
dry mass? i don't remember encountering questions related to that at all in paper 6 o_O
Really? there was a question abt removing all the water then help the students to make an experiment to find something of mass
It was after recording all the lengths of the corn plants grown in dark and light

Reaction score
Nice gud luck.. btw wht is A2? A levels?
No wayyy man haaha
Ill allow u to guess how many we r in my batch n then blame me n them
let me guess the numbers in batch....7?
A2 is an advanced syllabus to As. A2 and As together is A level

beware,As is nowhere near difficulty of A2. A2 is like that giant cow that you try to punch in the face but no matter how hard you punch...it's face doesn't seem to move or tilt anywhere.

Reaction score
Really? there was a question abt removing all the water then help the students to make an experiment to find something of mass
It was after recording all the lengths of the corn plants grown in dark and light
now i remember, dry mass in needed because plants' mass vary with water content thus dry mass ensures fair comparison

Reaction score
let me guess the numbers in batch....7?
A2 is an advanced syllabus to As. A2 and As together is A level

beware,As is nowhere near difficulty of A2. A2 is like that giant cow that you try to punch in the face but no matter how hard you punch...it's face doesn't seem to move or tilt anywhere.
Hahaah woww almost.. we r 8 only.. which means it wont make a difference comparing to ur 50 students batch. thank God
Ohhh never heard of A2 anyways if thats the case all the best to u .. kick it instead of punching or aah just shoot it

Reaction score
Hahaah woww almost.. we r 8 only.. which means it wont make a difference comparing to ur 50 students batch. thank God
Ohhh never heard of A2 anyways if thats the case all the best to u .. kick it instead of punching or aah just shoot it
kick the cow and it will throw you in the air with it's horns. the problem here is...cows don't have horns.

Reaction score
This part of experiment was bad but the rest of the exam was gud!
i kinda find it easy. the question where i actually screwed up was the bar chart. it says to plot for both male and female so i got confused and made a histogram using "all students" data. the question wasn't clear enough to me. half of my batch made it using all students while other half separated male and female.