• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

OCT/NOV 2016 SESSION DICUSSION+ DOUBTS+NOTES

Shall I take 0510 or 0511 and why?

Votes: 13 92.9%

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I did paper 22, two particular questions were difficult and with my bad luck they were both 4 marks each ( and by the time i figured out how to do it, it was times up :(

where do u stay??? I too have paper 42 on Tuesday :D

I have so far given 5 subjects (EMV and hindi in 10th grade), business and ESL in May, and this session i decided upon maths and travel and tourism. Next session gonna give IGCSE Sociology and history plus A level thinking skills :D, how about you??

Ohhh sad its gonna be ok no worries... the thing in paper 21 that was hard for me was venn diagram.. but the rest was a bit easy.
I took bio, chem, physics, math, business stud, and english (0510). doing it all this october november session of 2016. we dont do in sections here .. we do all together in gr.11 gud luck for ur exams!

Reaction score
Ohhh sad its gonna be ok no worries... the thing in paper 21 that was hard for me was venn diagram.. but the rest was a bit easy.
I took bio, chem, physics, math, business stud, and english (0510). doing it all this october november session of 2016. we dont do in sections here .. we do all together in gr.11 gud luck for ur exams!
Ya we do it together in grade 11 as well, but when i was in eleventh, an issue came up, so here i am doing it 3 years later for fun. but the good thing about it, is that u are not obliged to take subjects provided by the school. I mean we can choose absolutely any subjects, so thats what i am doing, selecting subjects that i enjoy :D
Thanks and Good luck to you too :D Did u give English already??

oh i couldnt help but notice that u r a fan of mortal instruments :D

Reaction score
Ya we do it together in grade 11 as well, but when i was in eleventh, an issue came up, so here i am doing it 3 years later for fun. but the good thing about it, is that u are not obliged to take subjects provided by the school. I mean we can choose absolutely any subjects, so thats what i am doing, selecting subjects that i enjoy :D

Nice... ohh *for fun*- a nice way of saying it. Grt.. our school doesnt exactly offer a lot but we can take others but gotta study alone .. so its not worth. Yes just finished the whole thing yesterday. 1st was orals then writing then yest. listening
Thats awesome
haha yaaa i love mortal instruements, infernal devices, a court of thorns and roses, a court of mist and fury, throne of glass series. Actually all cassie clare, sarah j mass and rick riordan's books r top books n best for me

Reaction score

U like reading books?

Reaction score
Nice... ohh *for fun*- a nice way of saying it. Grt.. our school doesnt exactly offer a lot but we can take others but gotta study alone .. so its not worth. Yes just finished the whole thing yesterday. 1st was orals then writing then yest. listening
Thats awesome
haha yaaa i love mortal instruements, infernal devices, a court of thorns and roses, a court of mist and fury, throne of glass series. Actually all cassie clare, sarah j mass and rick riordan's books r top books n best for me
Hope it went good :D

I dun like reading. I love reading. Its basically salvation for me. And you seem to fit in the same category. H9w is the throne of glass series?? I havent head about it xD

Reaction score
Hope it went good :D

I dun like reading. I love reading. Its basically salvation for me. And you seem to fit in the same category. H9w is the throne of glass series?? I havent head about it xD

It was okay.. did biology paper 42 and 22 today .. was kind easy!
Anywaysss yàaasss reading is life .. reading is eveeything.. ahhh books❤❤ check the review on goodreads.. i might give out some way too big spoilers! but u shud definitely read it.. ill start reading books again after igcse! ahh cant wait for november

Reaction score
It was okay.. did biology paper 42 and 22 today .. was kind easy!
Anywaysss yàaasss reading is life .. reading is eveeything.. ahhh books❤❤ check the review on goodreads.. i might give out some way too big spoilers! but u shud definitely read it.. ill start reading books again after igcse! ahh cant wait for november
Alhamdullilah, all papers are going quite smoothly for you :)

Yes i will for sure...thnc for suggesting......cant wait for november either :D (Except for my birthday this month also holds the key to my vacation :D )

business paper 2 will be relatively easy. Wat grades you expecting in maths, bio and english??
I m commerce student, i do not enjoy science coz i find it really easy, i was always good in science, ppl thought i was crazy going for commerce when i scored amazing in science, but easy is no fun right?? :D (actaully as a child i used to watch my sister study, and learned so much at the age of 8 and 9 :D

Reaction score
Hey i gave paper 21 igcse maths......I guess mere 59 marks ayenge but i think the grade threshold will be high......And if anyone has any update on maths paper 41 then plz tell me.....

Reaction score
Alhamdullilah, all papers are going quite smoothly for you :)

Yes i will for sure...thnc for suggesting......cant wait for november either :D (Except for my birthday this month also holds the key to my vacation :D )

business paper 2 will be relatively easy. Wat grades you expecting in maths, bio and english??
I m commerce student, i do not enjoy science coz i find it really easy, i was always good in science, ppl thought i was crazy going for commerce when i scored amazing in science, but easy is no fun right?? :D (actaully as a child i used to watch my sister study, and learned so much at the age of 8 and 9 :D

Hii nice! better read it. read all sarah j maas's books.
Haha enjoy ur vacation.
I hope so gonna do pp2 buz in 2 days. ahaha dunno abt the grades n depends on the grade threshold. lets hope for A n higher. hw r urs ?
Woowww science lover!fantastic yeaa better do something real fun! thats really nice. its actually an advantage having an elder sibling

Reaction score
Hii nice! better read it. read all sarah j maas's books.
Haha enjoy ur vacation.
I hope so gonna do pp2 buz in 2 days. ahaha dunno abt the grades n depends on the grade threshold. lets hope for A n higher. hw r urs ?
Woowww science lover!fantastic yeaa better do something real fun! thats really nice. its actually an advantage having an elder sibling
I definitely will :d thnx for the suggestion
thnx :*

my papers went terrible, but Alhamdullilah I got an A, it was alll Allah's blessing nothing more. :)

ya i guess it is. maybe thats why i love all my siblings :)

Reaction score
Math pp4 n business pp2 n all physics n chem pp 4 and 2 to go !!
How was biology paper 42? (0610)
i took bio paper 42 and i have to say, this one of the hardest bio papers i have ever solved in igcse. the thing is... it was really long and had plenty of new questions that didn't appear in the past papers. however thanks to some of my knowledge in as and a2 biology, i was able to save myself in a few questions.

Reaction score
i took bio paper 42 and i have to say, this one of the hardest bio papers i have ever solved in igcse. the thing is... it was really long and had plenty of new questions that didn't appear in the past papers. however thanks to some of my knowledge in as and a2 biology, i was able to save myself in a few questions.
Oh god! can't believe even after studying a levels bio u're saying that. It looks like the papers are getting harder as the years pass
Which grade r you expecting?

Reaction score
Oh god! can't believe even after studying a levels bio u're saying that. It looks like the papers are getting harder as the years pass
Which grade r you expecting?
i don't know. i found paper 22 and 62 to be easy so i think an A* is possible. for an A-level student, paper 42 was okay but for an igcse student...this is one hell of a paper! and since this is an igcse exam , i am talking from a side view of igcse student. it's very awkward how i got an A in As bio and i still find some difficulties in igcse bio.

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Can anyone tell me ,I heard this comment from my friends who say that Winter exams are usually harder than Summer. Is it true?
Well I looked at the paper and it seems so,What do yall think?

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Can anyone tell me ,I heard this comment from my friends who say that Winter exams are usually harder than Summer. Is it true?
Well I looked at the paper and it seems so,What do yall think?
A levels or IGCSE, nothing like that. all depends on grade thresholds, cant really say about difficulty coz from my experience (having given both sessions), i can say that some papers can be difficult in may/june as well..........

btw have you done A level psychology?

Reaction score
A levels or IGCSE, nothing like that. all depends on grade thresholds, cant really say about difficulty coz from my experience (having given both sessions), i can say that some papers can be difficult in may/june as well..........

btw have you done A level psychology?
Yes nabz the threshold is made looking at the papers ,So it doesn't realy matter.