• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O-levels Urdu A

Reaction score
Hello all the members!
Since many schools have started to teach Urdu First Language, it remains a big challenge for many students to get good grades in it. Even many good students in my school fail to get a good grade in Urdu A.
So the aim of this post is to get some helping tips from students who are studying or have studied Urdu A.
THANKS!

Reaction score
Oh this is the first language.nopes im giving second language urdu.As a first language its pretty tough.If you could tell us what comes in your paper we might be able to help you after knowing the topics as somethings should be same,

Reaction score
Well Many of us here give Urdu B !! But still the pattern of advice is same! Go through past papers and go through Examiner Report! :)

Reaction score
the trick to Urdu A is to keep the mind open when attempting question as the new pattern requires critical analysis as well
nd keep a good vocabuary to impress the examiners

Reaction score
those who think urdu A is difficult are a bunch of ****** yea you heard me *******!

Reaction score
First of all, Urdu B and Urdu A has a totally different syllabus. I studied Urdu First Language in my O'levels and did pretty well. I believe it is easier to score in Urdu A than in Urdu B. YOu have designated topics, and the questions are supposed to come from the syllabus. You can easily learn notes by rote and work your way through this subject. Though, good vocabulary is important

Reaction score
Read the book and novel at least three times before u go for the paper
Learn some verses of the nazms by heart and quote them in the paper at appropriate places and make link of everything you write.
Write fast and write a lot !
Practically the questions asks us to lift and write chunks of the story at a time but only relevant information needs to be written.
Make it lengthy
avoid spelling and grammatical mistakes.
Our teacher made us prepare (ratta) her own answers....she dictates us practically everything of paper 2
so we have a good expression and we know what to write...
Hope u too have a teacher that does the same !
After all my school had an urdu distinction holder....as well a maths one and that too....World Distinctions
For more info get back at me by PM'ing me !

Reaction score
dragoninja are you from LGS JT? :p Because that's how our teacher taught us. And secondly we have a distinctionist in Urdu First language and he is the only one in Pakistan.

Reaction score
No dude beaconhouse CSC...
Our distinction holder was Ashfaq Tiwana
\m/
Yeah he went to LGS afterwards and is now in LSE
Let me correct u he is OUR distinction holder !

Reaction score
@aalig1996: ali r u out of ur mind??? there isnt any critical analysis!!!
kid if u want gud grades in urdu A the trick is to LEARN BY HEART the biographies of any 2 imp shairs and LEARn BY HEART the fani fikri jaiza of any two afsane.
ths all u do ths and i bet ull get a grade of a life time!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Aoa...he is referring ur username..InshaAllah Aa jae ga...he means kaun aa jaye ga?? ;)

Reaction score
dragoninja98 said:
No dude beaconhouse CSC...
Our distinction holder was Ashfaq Tiwana
\m/
Yeah he went to LGS afterwards and is now in LSE
Let me correct u he is OUR distinction holder !

Lol! We had a distinctionist in Urdu-A in June 2010. You are talking about past. We have several distinction holders, every single session, you can keep his distinction. :p