• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O Level Subjects Credit system?

Reaction score
Could somebody please explain what is meant by a subject carrying half-credit or full-credit or something along those lines? plus, could somebody classify the subjects according to the credit they carry? thanks.

Reaction score
There aint any full or half credit subs at all,its just people who have labelled them as full and half based on their difficulty !
People can say add maths is full credit while sociology is half credit,as u see both have vast difference in difficulty ! As a result the full and half credit is what they have assigned these subs !

So there aint any full or half credit subs and whatever sub u take whether it be socio or Environmental Management its up to the subs u take in future and the field u will end up taking will determine whether u get full credit on that sub so that how it is :D

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up. I have another question.
So do A level colleges take these credit-thingies into account when you apply for them? For instance, is a person with 12 Half-Credit A*s more likely to get into a good A level college as opposed to a person with 7 full-credit A*s? Or vice versa?

Reaction score
dude as i said they wont look at half or full grade sub but will look at the grades u got in subs related to ur choice of field like for engineering field they would see probably want to see A*s in your science subs and the english and maths subs,but the most deciding factor may be the recommendation given by your old school to the new one which may decide the fate of everyone,a guy with 7 or 8 A*s may end up being selected instead of 11 or 10 A* guy due to serious problems the latter guy caused his old school so,its not just the subs to decide your admission its other factors to nowdays extracurricular activities are also being appreciate d by lots of schools so u see !

Again let me clear this further a guy who has taken stats,socio,environmental management,and other subs which people might call half credit may easily get into any A level school if they get good grades in these subs but then they have to choose subs which are related to their O Level subs or else they may be rejected so thats why they say to select subs wisely ! :D hope its crystal clear now !

Reaction score
Dude, that really helped :D Yup, its all crystal clear now.
But I wanna take Computer Studies in A Levels :s Took Bio in O levels on the insistence of my parents :x What do I do?

Reaction score
But I wanna take Computer Studies in A Levels :s Took Bio in O levels on the insistence of my parents :x What do I do?

Although i dont take computers but computer is such a sub now days that people who havent studied will be allowed to take it but there can be problems as the syllabus of O Level as i heard from people of computer is hard :D

Wait ill tag some people who have given computer in O levels that may help here :D
SalmanPakRocks < hey man this guy needs to know something abt the computer sub whether he can take the sub in A Levels when he never took it in O Levels :D

Reaction score
Hi,
Yes you can definetly take Computing in A levels even though you haven't studied it in O levels however, the concepts of A levels are much higher than O levels and Computing is somewhat difficult.

Reaction score
Hi,
Yes you can definetly take Computing in A levels even though you haven't studied it in O levels however, the concepts of A levels are much higher than O levels and Computing is somewhat difficult.
So there's no follow-up or progression requirement involved? Phew :p Relief. I didn't wanna study bio in A levels. Just looking at the syllabus made me go ":___: Haye Ammi" :p
Thankyou for helping out :D Oh, and you too scouserlfc :D

Reaction score
So there's no follow-up or progression requirement involved? Phew :p Relief. I didn't wanna study bio in A levels. Just looking at the syllabus made me go ":___: Haye Ammi" :p
Thankyou for helping out :D Oh, and you too scouserlfc :D
lol !!!! But i think on the safe side u better get an o level computer studies book and study a half chapter everyday so u have a fair idea abt it or else u might have difficulties later :D

Reaction score
lol !!!! But i think on the safe side u better get an o level computer studies book and study a half chapter everyday so u have a fair idea abt it or else u might have difficulties later :D
That sounds like a pretty good idea. I'll do that once I'm done with O levels. :)