• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O level Pak Studies: Difficult questions and answers.

Reaction score
U might doubt if 2nd paragraph is relevant to this qs,but believe u me i never write answer without consulting mark schemes

Reaction score
Can u tell me how to write differently in these two qs?

1. Why Eic became involved in indian subcontinent during 17th century? (7)

2. Why did the indian subcontinent attract the EUROPEANS? (7)

Reaction score
Why did the indian subcontinent attract the EUROPEANS? (7)

i saw an answer on a website for this question

India had certain raw materials that the rest of the world did not have and they desired, including spices, cotton, sugar, silk, jute etc. The British had a great regard for the raw materials, since they had recently undergone the industrial revolution and wished to expand their industries. The Middle Eastern countries had a tax on Europeans, and the Byzantine Empire was now under the ottomans who sought cheaper trade routes. They avoided land routes in the middle East, since trading via sea was cheaper, more effective and gave economy of scale. British went to India since other lands (e.g: Africa) were already under Portuguese control. They also fought against the French here.

Reaction score
idk why im not able to send the link of the website
maybe you could try searching gceguide on google
i like the notes there
have been studying from them for the midterms

Reaction score
Rumaisa the answer is just a noted form, I fear that it won't be able to score more than 4/7 since all it does is to list.

Tehreekinsaf, I expected such an answer. The first paragraph is totally relevant but the second one causes you to drop down since it is just identification and not "linked".
5/7
You ought to explain that the Muslims were not able to unanimously put up their demands; the Shafi League separated itself from the Muslim League and Maulvi Fazlul Haq detached in Bengal. Sikander Hayat had different opinions and disputes arose between the two. Even evident was the disunity in the conference of the Muslim League in 1930: it was unable to develop mutual consensus on their demands. Each faction demurred to the demands of the other. The gulf had become so wide that Jinnah deemed it necessary to put up the demands of the Muslims in such a way that it could accommodate all shades of opinions while simultaneously uniting the Muslim nation. This was exactly what happened; the Muslims took his points as a base of their future negotiations with the British.

Reaction score
Also, the arrival of the Simon Commission had indicated that the British desired to introduce new reforms in India. New reforms were expected to arrive in 1929, according to the 1919 Act. The transfer of power was to be gradual in a series of reforms: the first were introduced in 1909 and the second in 1919, so the next were expected to be passes in 1929. There were no documented demands of the Muslims, even separately. So Jinnah decided to represent the demands of Muslims in a standalone document, uninfluenced by any other community: those of 1/3 seats in the Central Legislature, separate electorates, the separation of Sind from Bombay presidency and many more.

Reaction score
The answer's points are not different. Like:

"The British feared an instance of Russian Expansion into Afghanistan and later into the sub-continent. USSR was, at that time, in search for warm ports for trading purposes. A competition might have started between the two states...." and so on

While in the second question, it would be something like this:

"India's strategic location in south Asia attracted the British. It shared a border with Afghanistan, who was a possible victim of a Russian Expansion. After acquiring India, the British could easily defend Afghanistan and prevent USSR's aggression..." and so on

just the wording is changed to meet the demands of the question. The content remains the same.

Reaction score
ohhh alright
idk the question seemed familiar so i copy pasted whatever was presented on the website
yeah, it was in note form
sorry, should've written it in continuous prose and then presented it

Reaction score
And yea,ur first reason refers to 1930 but points came in 1929, and ur 2nd reason is almost the same as the one i gave.

Reaction score
For Islamiyat,can u tell me where i can get answer to
1. Importance of Tawhid(10)
This came in 2017 exam and none of my bks has its detail.. Only Yasmin Malik has written the importance but that too not in detail..