• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O LEVEL EXTRA SUBJECTS

Reaction score
I AM CURRENTLY IN O3 AND IN MY O2 I HAVE A GRADE IN ISLAMIYAT AND B GRADE IN PAKISTAN STUDIES AND URDU AND IN MY O3 I HAVE ACCOUNTS ECONOMICS BUSINESS STUDIES MATHEMATICS AND ENGLISH I AM THINKING TO ATTEMPT AN EXTRA PAPER BUT WHICH PAPER I ATLEAST WANT 8 A s INSHAA ALLAH BUT WHICH PAPER WILL BE MORE CONVINIENT FOR ME TO ATTEMPT I AM A PRIVATE CANDIDATE NEED ALL OF YOUR SUGGESTIONS

Reaction score
I'm in 02 and I'm preparing for Environmental Management. Basically, half of it is what you've learned in Pak studies p2 so it's a fairly easy subject. I would recommend you to appear in it. :)

Reaction score
For a Business student like you, ''Commerce''would be the best option. It's a very easy subject, for those good in Business studies and Economics.
Apart from that, you can take ''Environmental Management'' or ''Sociology'' or ''World History''..

Reaction score
I AM CURRENTLY IN O3 AND IN MY O2 I HAVE A GRADE IN ISLAMIYAT AND B GRADE IN PAKISTAN STUDIES AND URDU AND IN MY O3 I HAVE ACCOUNTS ECONOMICS BUSINESS STUDIES MATHEMATICS AND ENGLISH I AM THINKING TO ATTEMPT AN EXTRA PAPER BUT WHICH PAPER I ATLEAST WANT 8 A s INSHAA ALLAH BUT WHICH PAPER WILL BE MORE CONVINIENT FOR ME TO ATTEMPT I AM A PRIVATE CANDIDATE NEED ALL OF YOUR SUGGESTIONS

Go for Sociology or Literature!!! As you're a business student commerce has little value now on your transcript!!! Go for Literature I know it's difficult but it is given preference above everything!!!

Reaction score
Go for Sociology or Literature!!! As you're a business student commerce has little value now on your transcript!!! Go for Literature I know it's difficult but it is given preference above everything!!!

Have you studied Literature?
How does it have value?

Reaction score
the first subject given preference is literature than language!!! Yes I have studied Literature but than I dropped it as it involved a lot of reading and started with sociology!!! I also studied French for two years and If you give a paper for French or Spanish it also has loads of value!!!

Reaction score
if u r done enough with all other subs in preporation... go for Environmental Management. I just took in oct nov 2013.

Reaction score
the first subject given preference is literature than language!!! Yes I have studied Literature but than I dropped it as it involved a lot of reading and started with sociology!!! I also studied French for two years and If you give a paper for French or Spanish it also has loads of value!!!

How much reading do we have to do?
Like lot of reading? How many pages, approx?
And how much time does it take to prepare it for CIE?

Reaction score
A friend of mine has been preparing for the past 2 years:p... Whenever I see her she has a novel or a poetry book along with her, in the break, free periods, coffee shops, in the car everywhere she goes her book goes with her!!!

Reaction score
A friend of mine has been preparing for the past 2 years:p... Whenever I see her she has a novel or a poetry book along with her, in the break, free periods, coffee shops, in the car everywhere she goes her book goes with her!!!

Lol. :p
I'm not much of a reader, so i guess this is not the subject for me. ._.

Reaction score
I've decided to appear for Sociology, Admaths, Environmental Management and statistics in Oct/Nov 2014
but for now I have got P.st Islamiat And Urdu for May/june 2014

For the subjects I've to appear in Oct/Nov 2014 I dont think I'll get enough time to prepare..:( uptill now I have done 60% of the statistics and nothing else...
for the subjects P.st, Urdu, Islamiat I have just gone through them, the exam preparation for them is yet to be started..

Can anyone advise me? what shall i do?
shall i back off from the extra subjects I am taking, or shall I quit from some of them..

Or if I take all of them (what i desperately want to), then how should i manage??

I cant decide.. :(

Reaction score
I've decided to appear for Sociology, Admaths, Environmental Management and statistics in Oct/Nov 2014
but for now I have got P.st Islamiat And Urdu for May/june 2014

For the subjects I've to appear in Oct/Nov 2014 I dont think I'll get enough time to prepare..:( uptill now I have done 60% of the statistics and nothing else...
for the subjects P.st, Urdu, Islamiat I have just gone through them, the exam preparation for them is yet to be started..

Can anyone advise me? what shall i do?
shall i back off from the extra subjects I am taking, or shall I quit from some of them..

Or if I take all of them (what i desperately want to), then how should i manage??

I cant decide.. :(

Stats: make a halt in it and continuee it when ur done with may june
EM. the same as stats
Add Maths, do at least 40% of it syll b4 may june and the rest afterwards
Isl and Pak St: as you said u are done with ur books once, now start soling pastpapers and attend testsesssions, and compare your answers with ms and leaarn whatever u r lackin in.
dude you have plenty of time, its damn easy to handle all this in such a much much much much time available!

Reaction score
Stats: make a halt in it and continuee it when ur done with may june
EM. the same as stats
Add Maths, do at least 40% of it syll b4 may june and the rest afterwards
Isl and Pak St: as you said u are done with ur books once, now start soling pastpapers and attend testsesssions, and compare your answers with ms and leaarn whatever u r lackin in.
dude you have plenty of time, its damn easy to handle all this in such a much much much much time available!

Thanks.. for the advice..:) I'll work on it...
And I know that there is ample time for me.. But beside Cambridge I am doing another board too :( That makes it difficult to manage..
However I'll do my best...
Thanks again..:)

Reaction score
Thanks.. for the advice..:) I'll work on it...
And I know that there is ample time for me.. But beside Cambridge I am doing another board too :( That makes it difficult to manage..
However I'll do my best...
Thanks again..:)

still i recommend to take just one of either of the boards.
and u r welcome.

Reaction score
If you prepare for Geography thoroughly you will be done with half of your EM course!!!
DON'T stop practicing Add Math otherwise you will be in deep shit in October/November!!!
BTW for Islamiat and Pakistan Studies both 15 days are more than enough!! Everyday solve a paper and you will be set to go!! Practice 5 yearly's and it would help you out a lot!!! For Islamiat leave the Surahs and the Hadiths for last as you are provided with the translation so no need to waste time learning that as you can explain them by reading the translation!!!!
Hope this helps!!:)

Reaction score
still i recommend to take just one of either of the boards.
and u r welcome.

Doing that on parent's will..:(
I am already in a deep shit by taking Biology as my parents want me to and I am not really good at it.. Ill take Computer along.. in May/June 2015 with Maths,Chem,Bio,Physics and English

I know by all this I'll end up being "jack of all and Master of none"

Reaction score
If you prepare for Geography thoroughly you will be done with half of your EM course!!!
DON'T stop practicing Add Math otherwise you will be in deep shit in October/November!!!
BTW for Islamiat and Pakistan Studies both 15 days are more than enough!! Everyday solve a paper and you will be set to go!! Practice 5 yearly's and it would help you out a lot!!! For Islamiat leave the Surahs and the Hadiths for last as you are provided with the translation so no need to waste time learning that as you can explain them by reading the translation!!!!
Hope this helps!!:)

It did Thanks..:) atleast it lowered the burden of EM..:p I had..