1. Keeping my promise (the last one!), here are the winners of the XtremePapers Contest 2012-2013 announced in 2014 :D
    Please join us in congratulating them here.

O Level Computer Studies Difficulty?

Discussion in 'Cambridge O Levels' started by sikandar7x, Jun 28, 2012.

1. sikandar7x

sikandar7x

I'll be appearing for my exams in May June 2013. I've been thinking of taking O Level Computer Studies as it'll be of help in engineering. The problem is that my school only offers IGCSE ICT, which, to be honest, was boring as hell. So I'm thinking of preparing for Computer Studies from an academy. Now we can give it privately as Paper 3 has been introduced. My question is simple: How difficult do you consider it to be as a subject? Everyone has a different opinion, but what's yours? Thanks.
  2. XPC Bot

Sponsored Listings
  3. 26354464783

P1 easy but dont know abt p3 am taking p2.
  4. anivoy

anivoy

well i do it at Olevel.. it's an easy subject.. some of the difficulties u can encounter is in algorithm, flowcharts and logic gates.. but if u practice and understand the way to solve the problem, it'll become easy:) and also u've got a lot to learn so u better start your revision in the 1st year itself!!

p3 is much more easier than p2.. u just have to learn 1 chapt of 20 pages to do the p3!
  5. robinhoodmustafa

robinhoodmustafa

It is pretty easy Subject :p
  6. Taaj

Taaj

Just taken the Mock Exams for Computer Studies yesterday... I had done a good revision and saw that the paper was quite easy... Still, some chapters you may fine to be difficult would be algorithm and flowcharts but if you pratice, it becomes much easier. Also, you must have a fine logic to answer some small case studies...
  7. SalmanPakRocks

SalmanPakRocks XPC Moderator Staff Member

Not quite, Psuedo-codes, Trace Tables, Truth Tables and logic network are quite tricky.
    I have to agree that theory is easy, most of it as well as P2 i.e: the project.
    Master_Shifu likes this.
  8. robinhoodmustafa

robinhoodmustafa

Psuedo-codes, Trace Tables, Truth Tables and logic network
    Please ,
    They are Alot Easy.I personally gave my School's Final Exam's Papers and Secure A*(87%) all Over the Grade 10 .
    Havent Done Truth Table Yet But Flowchart's ,Algorithm's Etc etc Are a Piece of Cake:p.

Dont Knw about P2 ....I dont think so My School(St Micheal's) allow's Project As P2:LOL:
  9. SalmanPakRocks

SalmanPakRocks XPC Moderator Staff Member

In Mid-terms I got 98 in computer
    In mock I got 94.
    But if you can solve the pseudocodes and the mentioned topics from the past papers, then it's difficult. Not my opinion, a general view of my school. :)
    Master_Shifu likes this.