• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O level Computer Studies (7010) -Problems

Reaction score
than
Phishing:
The act of sending an e-mail to a user falsely claiming to be an established legitimate enterprise(renowned organization) in an attempt to scam the user into surrendering private information that will be used for identity theft. The e-mail directs the user to visit a Web site where they are asked to update personal information, such as passwords and credit card, social security, and bank account numbers, that the legitimate organization already has. The Web site, however, is bogus and set up only to steal the users information.

In phishing, the perpetrator sends out legitimate-looking e-mails, appearing to come from some of the Web's most popular sites, in an effort to obtain personal and financial information from individual recipients.

Pharming
But in pharming, larger numbers of computer users can be victimized because it is not necessary to target individuals one by one and no conscious action is required on the part of the victim. In one form of pharming attack, code sent in an e-mail modifies local host files on a personal computer. The host files convert URLs into the number strings that the computer uses to access Web sites. A computer with a compromised host file will go to the fake Web site even if a user types in the correct Internet address or clicks on an affected bookmark entry.

Hope it answer the question :D
thanku soo much :) and can you please tell me what are hyperlinks?

Reaction score
than
thanku soo much :) and can you please tell me what are hyperlinks?

Beta
Hyperlinks are the links available in webpages and in some word processing application through which one specific webpage or a file can be run when user clicks on it, cursor changed in to a hand sign ( clicking option).

hope it answer the question :D

Reaction score
In proect work 7010 design, how do we hav to draw da designs of output and inputs ? Can we draw it frm corel and tak a screen shot of the input n output designs????

Reaction score
Hi i am Navid Saqib teaching computer studies of O level from last 19 years. if you have any Query or Question post it here .

Thanks
Navid Saqib

Sir can u please please pleaseee tell me the list of all topics in our syllabus?
I havent done anyy work for the papers yet and i dont know where to start from.. ive been wasting my time the whole year.. now i dont know what to do and how to take time out for computers.. i have 4 more subjects to concentrate on :| plus im not good at learning definitions and stuff, i dont know how im going to pass the papers :(
I'm SOOO stressed, please help?

AND PLEASE REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!
Thank you.

Reaction score
Sir do u have any idea about the pre-released scenario for the ATC paper for this may/june session? Plz inform me bcoz i have been searching the net for hours but no luck.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Aoa every1,
i want to ask regarding question which starts with words such as give, state. According to common sense, we need to just list (and not explain) while in question papers 2-3 lines r given for one point! So do we need to just list or explain as well?

Reaction score
Sir do you know
how music is produced and generated

using computers, teaching how to play musical instruments

through computer systems/electronic interfaces
how cartoons/

animation is produced, special effects, synchronising speech with

animation, superimposing humans into cartoons

Reaction score
Aoa every1,
i want to ask regarding question which starts with words such as give, state. According to common sense, we need to just list (and not explain) while in question papers 2-3 lines r given for one point! So do we need to just list or explain as well?

Beta
for single mark question or question which starts with GIVE , STATE, LIST you can do the short answering or can write in points but in those question where description is required like you have to explain the process there , stating wont justify

hope this answer the question :D

Reaction score
Sir do you know
how music is produced and generated

using computers, teaching how to play musical instruments

through computer systems/electronic interfaces
how cartoons/

animation is produced, special effects, synchronising speech with

animation, superimposing humans into cartoons

knowing Music
Computer hardware and software advances have changed how music is generated and produced. Some of the key reasons for this have been summarized below:

§ actual musical notes can be generated from the music itself by software
§ music samplers and mixers give an almost limitless ability to alter the original tracks recorded in a studio
§ software can automatically correct notes
§ don’t need to understand music notation to write a musical score
§ electric instruments (such as guitars and organs) play back through electronic effects machines
§ synthesizers combine simple wave forms to produce more complex sounds
§ electric organs can now mimic almost any instrument (including a full orchestra!!)
§ automatic rhythm
§ music notes automatically printed out in the correct format

There are many other software and hardware developments;
the above is just a summary of the more common elements used in music editing.

Animation/Cartoons in Films and Video/Television

Computer animation is the art of creating moving images via computer hardware and software.

For 3D animation, objects are designed on a computer and a 3D skeleton is produced. The limbs, mouth, eyes, etc. are moved by the animator using key frames (these define the start point and end point of a smooth transition to make the animation as realistic as possible).
The differences in appearance between key frames are automatically calculated by the computer – this is called TWEENING or MORPHING. The animation is finally RENDERED (i.e. turned into a realistic image).

or you can refer my notes if you are in Lahore

Hope this answer the Question :D

Reaction score
Sir do u have any idea about the pre-released scenario for the ATC paper for this may/june session? Plz inform me bcoz i have been searching the net for hours but no luck.
Thanks.

Beta
ATP Paper 3 Topic will be released 10 days before the paper , paper 3 is on 4 June which mean on 20 May topic will be recieved in your school
you can consult your school during that to know the topic

Hope it answer the question :D

Reaction score
Hi i am Navid Saqib teaching computer studies of O level from last 19 years. if you have any Query or Question post it here .

Thanks
Navid Saqib
Salam Sir, I am an AS level Computing student and I will sit for the exam this May. Since I have 6 A level subjects, I have not yet started solving year wise Computing p1 past papers. I understand all the concepts stated in the syllabus but I have nt memorised anything by heart. As a result, whenever I try to solve past papers I fail to describe the answers properly and often my answers do not match with the mark scheme. With only 15 days remaining, I am really worried. I don't know what is the proper way to approach the subject.I will be really grateful if you can guide me on how to make full use of these few days in order to get A*? (I am good in P2, I need guidance for P1 only.) Thanks in advance Sir! :)

Reaction score
Iam currently using the book "Information Systems for you"... is it good for the preparation for the 7010 syllabus

Reaction score
Salam Sir, I am an AS level Computing student and I will sit for the exam this May. Since I have 6 A level subjects, I have not yet started solving year wise Computing p1 past papers. I understand all the concepts stated in the syllabus but I have nt memorised anything by heart. As a result, whenever I try to solve past papers I fail to describe the answers properly and often my answers do not match with the mark scheme. With only 15 days remaining, I am really worried. I don't know what is the proper way to approach the subject.I will be really grateful if you can guide me on how to make full use of these few days in order to get A*? (I am good in P2, I need guidance for P1 only.) Thanks in advance Sir! :)

beta,
the best way is to make notes out of every chapter out of book , like picking chapter 1 and writing down all definitions out of the chapter, for paper 1 you have 10 to 12 segments which is easy to cover. mostly in paper 1 definitions were asked. this thing help you to cover 70% of the paper 1 successfully. remaining 30% solve past papers according to mark scheme see the differences and take it as enhancing your knowledge . you will clearly see the difference

but for A* you need to work hard , its not as such easy task to do so

hope it answer the question :D

Reaction score
Iam currently using the book "Information Systems for you"... is it good for the preparation for the 7010 syllabus

if its the old one .................... NO............... Dont use it. if its the fourth edition then its good but not up to the mark of syllabus , i do recommend you that you should use Cambridge endorsed book computer studies course book.

Hope this answer the question :D

Reaction score
if its the old one .................... NO............... Dont use it. if its the fourth edition then its good but not up to the mark of syllabus , i do recommend you that you should use Cambridge endorsed book computer studies course book.

Hope this answer the question :D
thanks.. i have the fourth edition (the blue one)

Reaction score
Assalam o alaikum,
Naveed it's good to see you. How have you been where are you working? I'm in Islamabad. I really appreciate your initiative to help students.

Reaction score
i want to ask that cie send out the scenario of the alternative to coursework every year before exam, can you confirm me whether cie has released the scenario and please tell me the scenario if you get to know it, and give an idea on its systems flowchart. Many Thanks In Advance

Reaction score
i want to ask that cie send out the scenario of the alternative to coursework every year before exam, can you confirm me whether cie has released the scenario and please tell me the scenario if you get to know it, and give an idea on its systems flowchart. Many Thanks In Advance
Sir Navid Said that it will be release after 20 May. It usually released some days before the exam