• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O Level Commerce; Can I skip the last topic?

Will skipping the last topic have a detrimental effect on my grade?

• No not at all

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes it can

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I am appearing for O Level Commerce in 2014 May/June session. I have completed all the topics except for the last one (Business Finance). Due to my time constraints, I am thinking about skipping the last topic.
Should I really skip the last topic, or should I prepare that as well. Will skipping that topic affect my grade in the exam?
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
I'm assuming you're talking about business finance, the one relating to formulas of calculating stock and such. If you are referring to that chapter, then skipping it won't be so much of a problem, as long as you have all of the other topics down-pact. However, I do recommend skimming over the stock formula because that usually comes in Paper 1, among the last MCQs. I myself skipped that chapter and I still got an A*.

However, if you're talking about the business finance chapter in which you must explain business organizations such as partnerships and sole traders, then I recommend that you study that chapter because it it quite crucial as many questions come based off of it. It's not that difficult of a chapter anyway, especially if you're a business student, it's almost common sense. Yet, this also depends upon which book you're studying from. If you're studying from the red book, the Cambridge recommended one, then it should take some time and effort; wouldn't take more than 3-4 hours with focus. If you're studying from the blue book, then it should be quite simple, as that should take around just one or two hours.

Aside from all that, I would advise you to know the insurance chapter by heart. That chapter is probably the most important in all of the syllabus, along with e-commerce. You must know everything related to e-commerce such as internet selling and EPOS. Almost all the time, a full question will come on insurance, and if you know it, then it's as if you have already secured 20 or so marks. I would also advise that you know banking, warehousing and the different retailing units by heart.

When it comes down to it, just relax and do the exam with a calm sense of mind. Don't stress out, if you know the syllabus and have studied it well, then there's no doubt that you can get an A*. All of commerce is just studying the book and then presenting the information in an impressive way, with good English expression.

Good Luck
God Bless

Reaction score
I'm assuming you're talking about business finance, the one relating to formulas of calculating stock and such. If you are referring to that chapter, then skipping it won't be so much of a problem, as long as you have all of the other topics down-pact. However, I do recommend skimming over the stock formula because that usually comes in Paper 1, among the last MCQs. I myself skipped that chapter and I still got an A*.

However, if you're talking about the business finance chapter in which you must explain business organizations such as partnerships and sole traders, then I recommend that you study that chapter because it it quite crucial as many questions come based off of it. It's not that difficult of a chapter anyway, especially if you're a business student, it's almost common sense. Yet, this also depends upon which book you're studying from. If you're studying from the red book, the Cambridge recommended one, then it should take some time and effort; wouldn't take more than 3-4 hours with focus. If you're studying from the blue book, then it should be quite simple, as that should take around just one or two hours.

Aside from all that, I would advise you to know the insurance chapter by heart. That chapter is probably the most important in all of the syllabus, along with e-commerce. You must know everything related to e-commerce such as internet selling and EPOS. Almost all the time, a full question will come on insurance, and if you know it, then it's as if you have already secured 20 or so marks. I would also advise that you know banking, warehousing and the different retailing units by heart.

When it comes down to it, just relax and do the exam with a calm sense of mind. Don't stress out, if you know the syllabus and have studied it well, then there's no doubt that you can get an A*. All of commerce is just studying the book and then presenting the information in an impressive way, with good English expression.

Good Luck
God Bless
Thanks alot
I am talking about the one in which there is; capital, turnour, debuntures, sources of finance
I am studying from the Mary Trigwell Book
Thanks alot for the sincere advice.

Reaction score
From experience, Ive always been an 'over-writer'.
2-4 marks would constitute a maximum of 6 lines depending upon the question. Notice I said maximum and not minimum.
6-8 marks would constitute 10-12 lines.
You have two hours with four questions so give each question 30 min.

Reaction score
From experience, Ive always been an 'over-writer'.
2-4 marks would constitute a maximum of 6 lines depending upon the question. Notice I said maximum and not minimum.
6-8 marks would constitute 10-12 lines.
You have two hours with four questions so give each question 30 min.
Thanks bro