• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

NUST Karachi or NED?

Which of these University is better taking into account all aspects?

• Total voters
Reaction score
hey i m in my final year for A level and i have to make a big decision regarding my university.

If i want to stay in Karachi, which engineering university would be the best choice? I want to do most probably Electrical or Mechanical. What i have heard is that NED mein parhai nahi hoti and u need to study yourselves. Is it true? Which do u consider better? NED or NUST karachi? Which of NED or NUST karachi has a better job market once i complete my bachelors?

Also, i definitely know that NUST rawalpindi or NUST islamabad are better than NUST karachi. But out of the city there would be a huge opportunity cost of living alone in hostel. So are NUST rawalpindi or NUST islamabad far better than NUST karachi so that this opportunity cost is covered? is NUST Karachi reasonable enough to get my bachelors from there?

Your guidance will be highly appreciated :)

Reaction score
NED mechanical engineering is the best and few seats are available to A level in it. Well, I`m trying my best to get admission in Nust Karachi ( It is PNEC Nust).

Last edited:
Reaction score
hey i m in my final year for A level and i have to make a big decision regarding my university.

If i want to stay in Karachi, which engineering university would be the best choice? I want to do most probably Electrical or Mechanical. What i have heard is that NED mein parhai nahi hoti and u need to study yourselves. Is it true? Which do u consider better? NED or NUST karachi? Which of NED or NUST karachi has a better job market once i complete my bachelors?

Also, i definitely know that NUST rawalpindi or NUST islamabad are better than NUST karachi. But out of the city there would be a huge opportunity cost of living alone in hostel. So are NUST rawalpindi or NUST islamabad far better than NUST karachi so that this opportunity cost is covered? is NUST Karachi reasonable enough to get my bachelors from there?

Your guidance will be highly appreciated :)
It will be better if you apply abroad,as my sister did she got acceptances(+finacincal aid) from tufts and 7 other american universities and a 100% from NYU.
But if you are really aiming for Pakistan,in spotlight NUST try applying for ISSB PMA Short Course; if you get in you get a degree from NUST (no fees+you get paid +army benefits ) and job from the army :)

Reaction score
Do we have to send the documents at the time of applying or after getting the offer letter______ to GIKI?

Reaction score
Dont know about NED but one of my relatives studied at NUST Karachi and he is currently employed at a good engineering company in AbuDhabi
NUST Islamabad is much better than NUST Karachi