• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

New to AS and A Level. Need information and help.

Reaction score
hi. i just finished my o level june session 2017 and im moving on to a level. i have the whole summer vacation ahead so i would like to get familiar with the a level syllabuses and procedures before college starts. Can you please explain how the module and component system works in AS and A level. I mean which parts of the syllabus am i supposed to do in AS and which in a level or is there something im missing? Also, i wish to take my career into the software programming/computer graphics and design field so i would like suggestion on 4 a level subject combinations. right now i plan to give MATHS, COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGLISH LITERATURE with MEDIA STUDIES. do i need to attempt physics for a computer related career? And you must assume i know nothing about a level so please relate how your alevel years went.

Reaction score
hi. i just finished my o level june session 2017 and im moving on to a level. i have the whole summer vacation ahead so i would like to get familiar with the a level syllabuses and procedures before college starts. Can you please explain how the module and component system works in AS and A level. I mean which parts of the syllabus am i supposed to do in AS and which in a level or is there something im missing? Also, i wish to take my career into the software programming/computer graphics and design field so i would like suggestion on 4 a level subject combinations. right now i plan to give MATHS, COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGLISH LITERATURE with MEDIA STUDIES. do i need to attempt physics for a computer related career? And you must assume i know nothing about a level so please relate how your alevel years went.
HOW TO STUDY FOR ALEVEL BIOLOGY
bro Step number 1,a) first need to read your chapter in textbook .b) Get the speciication of syllabus which means respiration hes putting points or questions on what you must learn .c)You need to read each paragraph carefully and understand each and every single word for example Respiration lets say first paragraph is talking about the ATP so hes first tell you what is ATp and its strutures and its features as energy currency and its its role so then directly you go again to your specification and see the question examiner putting first point "you must learn ATP structure synthesis role as energy currency and uses " so you underline the answers as a reading text for answer of structure and all of that in text book .NOTE dont study it ujust read and understand it first and do the same till you finish chapter for process of aerobic and anaerobic and so on . Then Step number 2 a) go to all your past papers and pick each question related to respiration on your a document pdf . NOTE your going to make something in egypt we call it according to chapters for european i think you say Classified chapters. No matter of the names its just same idea. B)Then print it and solve it and here comes the most important function for example your going to copy from your text book what you highlighted when he ask you describe structure of ATP then check it using markscheme.The book might say its a nucleotide composed of adenosine and thre phosphate groups linked covalently but markscheme had better editing for scientific languge being used its a phosphorlytated nucleotide composed of adenosine that is nitrogen containg base adenine and ribose pentose sugar attached t carbon position number 1 to ribose and three polar charged hydrophilic p groups attached to carbon position number 5. Note markscheme is giving answers as a point so your job is to make it in a numbered sentence which i prefer as it easier for studying then link them when writing in the question . Then do that for every single question and make a document handwritten of few pages called a chapter wise questions or in egypt we call it stamps like 5 or might 12 pages edited of both textbook and mark scheme. Step number 3 is optional but i used to prefer it you can make a full handwritten notes for your chapter after you had edited both mark scheme and text book in order not to go through text book again . NOTE there might be important diagrams need to draw it in your notes and might be some information in your specification you higlighted but thers no question for it in your past papers. Step 4 you must solve your SAQ and ECQ but optional to get question for chapter from other boards as CIE OCR AQA WJEC BJEC but i prfer as the higher markscheme stamp questions the higher you can gain grade as in biology 75 % of question are repeated .I took mu alevel and i got high B in alevel biology cambridge cie but i used to make these rules in my studying that might take alot for each chapter but remember brother from your pain is your gain. Then indeed after making a textbook markscheme having all normal and tricky questions and beside it the according and question stamps study first your notes which having all these then you can read your classified and stamps but theres no need .Then after you finish all your chapters and prepared solve exams you made it as a classified as a separate exam in order to rememorise and manage time. Then go to the recent exams the last year you didnt make it as a classified and solve it as a full exam .