• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Reaction score
I will be appearing for A2 this may June and then will be applying for universities. But the problem is that I havent cleared my O level Pakistan Studies paper till now. So my question is that, is it possible that I get enrolled, but I assure them that I will clear that paper in a certain time period? Is it possible for almost all the universites to enroll students without clearing at least one paper out of 8 compulsory papers?
Plus, is it possible to appear as regular as well as private candidate in the same session, provided that there's no time/day clash?
Thanks.

Reaction score
As per CIE recommendations, there are no compulsory subjects, whether O'Level or A' Level. Some people even drop Pak. Studies completely and take another subject instead. But it all depends upon the university you will be applying to and the field you chose. To be on the safe side, you shouldn't really mention anything to the uni about not clearing Pak. Studies at all, if unasked.
Yes...It is possible to appear as private as well as a regular candidate, even if there are clashes, they can be settled

Reaction score
in Pakistan, almost all the universities require an equivalence certificate and its mandatory to also clear the three subjects, Pak St, Isl.St and Urdu along with the 5 main subjects. Without an equivalence certificate, they might create a problem in my admission process. But yeah, you are right, it all depends upon the university.
And thanks for confirming that I can appear as a regular/private candidate.