• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need some tips/notes for electricity questions for physics paper 3

Reaction score
Hello XPC :)

Does anyone have any notes/tips and so on specific to the electricity questions that appear on the physics practical paper (paper 3)?

Any notes, etc would be much appreciated

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi,

Electricity question are not difficult at all. Though I don't have any notes relating to this, but there's a tip that i would like to give you; it really helps me. :)

When ever you get an electricity question in P3 try setting up the series circuit first; forgot about all the parallel connections. Once you're done with joining all the series connections, then move on to joining parallel connections. Otherwise, most of the students usually jumble up all the wires around and are then confused about which wire was connected where.

Secondly, always try to ensure that all the connections are tight; check this by pulling the wires lightly: if the connections do not break, then your circuit is all right otherwise it is not.

And one thing more, when asked to measure the diameter of the resistance wire, measure the diameter at various lengths, and then take its average.

Hope these tips will help you; they help me a lot! :)

Reaction score
Hi,

Electricity question are not difficult at all. Though I don't have any notes relating to this, but there's a tip that i would like to give you; it really helps me. :)

When ever you get an electricity question in P3 try setting up the series circuit first; forgot about all the parallel connections. Once you're done with joining all the series connections, then move on to joining parallel connections. Otherwise, most of the students usually jumble up all the wires around and are then confused about which wire was connected where.

Secondly, always try to ensure that all the connections are tight; check this by pulling the wires lightly: if the connections do not break, then your circuit is all right otherwise it is not.

And one thing more, when asked to measure the diameter of the resistance wire, measure the diameter at various lengths, and then take its average.

Hope these tips will help you; they help me a lot! :)

Oooooh okay.
Yeah, what you said about the mixing up of wires is pretty true. Happens to me all the time xD

Anyways, thanks a lot man, I'll keep these tips in mind
Once again, thank you so much.✌