• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

need help forA level bio paper 5 and if you got notes on it , it will be nice :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb! :LOL:

Me need them too.... ROFL

LOL...we all need it...who's actually gonna help... :p

anyway I remember I got some for Physics...dunno if it's useful, but here it is:

Attachments

• A Level Physics Paper 5 Tips.pdf
    209.4 KB · Views: 613
Reaction score
well one thing....when calibrating an eyepiece graticule.....if i am viewing using 10x lens then calibration shud be made using this magnification....if u are measuring specimen at 40x then calibration must be done at 40x....

Reaction score
in plan of biology there are some things u can always write ....like repeat each experiment at least three times and obtain mean value.....or to remove anomalies....secondly repeating experiment is concerned with reliability not with accuracy....accuracy will be improved by using sophisticated equipment or techniques for measuring the dependent variable......also almost always u cn right no special safety precuation needed cos low risk experiment.....if u are cutting somethings then cutt away from hands......if there are chemical wear safety gloves and goggles....if light source....dont look directly into light source.....
for controlling temperature....u cn say wwaterbath or if its not suitable in context u cn say an incubator mantained at a constant temp.....an incubator is like a box used for keeping small babies (like 1 month old) in paeds ward lollx....well whenver asked to state null hypotheseis say there is no significant difference b/w the observed results and theoretical or if u r stating a null hypothesis for t test....then there is no significant difference between mean of this and that group......t test is used to compare means ...or where data is continuous.....chi squared test is used for discrete data.....degrees of freedom can be calculated by n-1(where n is the number of categories)
standard deviation tells the deviation abt the mean......standard error tells how accurate the sample mean is compared to the population mean

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

JazakAllah khairennn!!!!!!! (y)

They're really nice...! Do you have any for p3 too? and if I may ask, did you make this? ;)
but anyway thnx a lott!!!!!
nahhh i did nt :p but these are gr8 just attached thm here, so more ppl can view them

Reaction score
well cn u explain me that nail varnish method for stomatal density ....i dint get that +what is nail varnish(is it nail polish)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
well cn u explain me that nail varnish method for stomatal density ....i dint get that +what is nail varnish(is it nail polish)
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!
I can sorta help with this, I did this in the lab ;)
ok so what we actually do is take a leaf, and put a layer of nail varnish... (yup its nail polish...)

let it dry

peel it off, and mount on slide...

observe under microscope...count the no. of stomatas present....

calculate the area of the field of view..

and like carry out the necessary calculations, depending on the question...

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!
I can sorta help with this, I did this in the lab ;)
ok so what we actually do is take a leaf, and put a layer of nail varnish... (yup its nail polish...)

let it dry

peel it off, and mount on slide...

observe under microscope...count the no. of stomatas present....

calculate the area of the field of view..

and like carry out the necessary calculations, depending on the question...

and oops i forgot to say one thing, although its obvious but anyways..when you peel of that nail polish, an impression of the leaf comes on it...

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

JazakAllah khairennn!!!!!!! (y)

They're really nice...! Do you have any for p3 too? and if I may ask, did you make this? ;)
but anyway thnx a lott!!!!!

Hey, I made these notes. I just collected them from various places and typed them up. And no, sorry, I don't have any for paper 3.