• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need HELP !1!!1! *Relating Islamiat 0448*

Reaction score
Guys... Today was my Islamiat paper2.
Okay so there was a question and it went something like...
Q: Describe how the Hadis of the Prophet(S.A.W) is used by muslims ( is a source of guidance something maybe) to put beliefs into action...(10)
WHAT I WROTE: I wrote about how the hadis is the 2nd source of Islamic law and extremely important for muslims to understand quran or even pratice IJIMA or Qiyas... I also wrote 2 examples : Of prayer that the quran says that ''establish prayer'' but hadis gives full detail how to etc... and one another example... I wrote around 5 references in this question as well...
BUT....When i came out of the hall.....
Almost everyone was saying that we had to write about Different Hadis and how we put them in action etc
IM SO CONFUSED HONESTLY MY P1 DIDNT GO SO WELL AND NOW A WHOLE 10 MARKS QUESTION SOMEONE HELP ME OUT PLEASE I WANT AN A OR A* NOT A B :(((((((((999

Reaction score
I got the same question in o levels today....I gave examples of prayers too but we also had to write its significance in all thought and action and individual conduct as well...this iJMA and qiyas stuff doesn't sound relevant to me...but If u have given 5 references I'm sure u would reach up to the mark...

Reaction score
I got the same question in o levels today....I gave examples of prayers too but we also had to write its significance in all thought and action and individual conduct as well...this iJMA and qiyas stuff doesn't sound relevant to me...but If u have given 5 references I'm sure u would reach up to the mark...
Are you sure that thaats the way it was supposed to be? And I did write about that Sunnah and Hadis is extremely important to us, for undertsanding etc and the fact that its only second to Quran in Islamic Laws

Reaction score
Well....I discussed with my teacher....he said what I wrote was okay...

Reaction score
Do you exactly remember word to word of that question? If yes, please let me know so I can figure out a more to the point answer about it...

Reaction score
Well don't remember exactly but it was something like...how is the had is of holy prophet a guidance of faith for Muslims??

Reaction score
Q: Describe how the Hadis of the Prophet(S.A.W) is used by muslims ( is a source of guidance something maybe) to put beliefs into action...(10)
WHAT I WROTE: I wrote about how the hadis is the 2nd source of Islamic law and extremely important for muslims to understand quran or even pratice IJIMA or Qiyas... I also wrote 2 examples : Of prayer that the quran says that ''establish prayer'' but hadis gives full detail how to etc... and one another example... I wrote around 5 references in this question as well...
Almost everyone was saying that we had to write about Different Hadis and how we put them in action etc
IM SO CONFUSED HONESTLY MY P1 DIDNT GO SO WELL AND NOW A WHOLE 10 MARKS QUESTION SOMEONE HELP ME OUT PLEASE I WANT AN A OR A* NOT A B :(((((((((999
tbh u did it wrong... And for A* pray for Allah that examiner check our paper blindly ;).... in the same question i wrote firslty about thoughts such as abut truth being honest doing good thing intentionally nd soon, nd for actions i wrote about brotherhoodd supporting eachother helping depressed people nd soon.. I approx wrote 8 references with it give a lil explanation

Reaction score
Yeah....to put faith into action....exactly....I think thresholds gonna fall this yr because of this q...don't worry there maybe many other ppl out there who might be feeling the same as u.,.so that'll increase the chances of ur A*.....keep calm and prepare for ur next exam...

Last edited:
Reaction score
tbh u did it wrong... And for A* pray for Allah that examiner check our paper blindly ;).... in the same question i wrote firslty about thoughts such as abut truth being honest doing good thing intentionally nd soon, nd for actions i wrote about brotherhoodd supporting eachother helping depressed people nd soon.. I approx wrote 8 references with it give a lil explanation
You are getting me worried :| How can you be so sure that yours is correct?

Reaction score
Yeah something along the lines.. Guidance to put belief into action, right?
AOA Everybody!
Hope your papers went good. As for THAT Q-2, I think it was something like:
Q-2 (a) Using the set passages from the syllabus that you have studied, describe how the Hadith help Muslims to put their faith into action. (10)
Now I am not totally sure whether it was exactly this or not.
As for what we had to write, there is a range of opinion on this... some said that we had to write about the teachings for individual conduct, some said it was about Hadith as source of guidance, and some said we had to elaborate about the Pillars of Islam like Salat, Zakat, Hajj etc.
This was a broad question in my opinion, and I think there could be various acceptable answers for this.
I personally wrote a mix of teachings for individual conduct related to how it can help us practically implement our faith.

Although we may have written a bit different answers, and hopefully there will be a margin for acceptance of different answers as it seemed to me a broad question, but let's leave it to Allah that we all will InshaAllah get good grades. :)

Reaction score
Yeah....to put faith into action....exactly....I think thresholds gonna fall this yr because of this q...don't worry there maybe many other ppl out there who might be feeling the same as u.,.so that'll increase the chances of ur A*.....keep calm and prepare for ur next exam...
Yeah.. But Don't you think... That 'establish Prayer' is put into action with help of hadis...Isn't this belief into action?
How can writing hadis be belief into action? Aggh and tbh most of my friends also wrote the same also :/

Reaction score
AOA Everybody!
Hope your papers went good. As for THAT Q-2, I think it was something like:
Q-2 (a) Using the set passages from the syllabus that you have studied, describe how the Hadith help Muslims to put their faith into action. (10)
Now I am not totally sure whether it was exactly this or not.
As for what we had to write, there is a range of opinion on this... some said that we had to write about the teachings for individual conduct, some said it was about Hadith as source of guidance, and some said we had to elaborate about the Pillars of Islam like Salat, Zakat, Hajj etc.
This was a broad question in my opinion, and I think there could be various acceptable answers for this.
I personally wrote a mix of teachings for individual conduct related to how it can help us practically implement our faith.

Although we may have written a bit different answers, and hopefully there will be a margin for acceptance of different answers as it seemed to me a broad question, but let's leave it to Allah that we all will InshaAllah get good grades. :)
It was about how hadis helps muslim to put belief into action...?
And I kinda wrote about how Hadis helps us understand Quran and put the Quran(belief) into (action) with help of Hadis

Reaction score
It was about how hadis helps muslim to put belief into action...?
And I kinda wrote about how Hadis helps us understand Quran and put the Quran(belief) into (action) with help of Hadis
As I said, in my opinion it was a broad question, and seeing how students have written so many various answers, I do think that the CIE examiners will give a margin to accept different answers, as all the approaches mentioned are logical in their own right. So do not worry much, just focus on the last paper of Pak Studies P2 (Geo) that is tomorrow, and leave the result to Allah. Praying for good grades will greatly help to comfort you. :)

Reaction score

Q. Using the set passages from the syllabus that you have studied, describe how the Hadith help Muslims to put their faith into action. (10)

That was a clear indication that the Hadith from the syllabus, those 20 Ahadis.. have to be used.
Those Hadith had to be quoted.

But i think you'll get around 6-7 marks in this question, and can easily get an A. (Y)

Reaction score
Q. Using the set passages from the syllabus that you have studied, describe how the Hadith help Muslims to put their faith into action. (10)

That was a clear indication that the Hadith from the syllabus, those 20 Ahadis.. have to be used.
Those Hadith had to be quoted.

But i think you'll get around 6-7 marks in this question, and can easily get an A. (Y)
Hey, i also gave my paper today. The question was not like this. The question was:
How hadiths can help muslims put their faith into practice? [10]
What i and my friends think that in this question there was a need to explain that hadiths expand on the teachings of Quran. What IGCSE_Girl wrote I think is correct. It was a broad question as already mentioned, i second with it, therefore, we're asked to highlight both aspects: what teachings hadiths give and how they make religion easy to follow. The idea about ijma and qiyas would work fine here, and a great detail was required on how it helps in case quran is silent on an issue.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey, i also gave my paper today. The question was not like this. The question was:
How hadiths can help muslims put their faith into practice? [10]
What i and my friends think that in this question there was a need to explain that hadiths expand on the teachings of Quran. What IGCSE_Girl wrote I think is correct. It was a broad question as already mentioned, i second with it, therefore, we're asked to highlight both aspects: what teachings hadiths give and how they make religion easy to follow. The idea about ijma and qiyas would work fine here, and a great detail was required on how it helps in case quran is silent on an issue.

Hope that helps!

Well, if it said that ONLY, and not ''Using the set passages from the syllabus that you have studied''.. then IGCSE_Girl is correct.