• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need for biology A-level books urgently

Reaction score
Can anybody link me to useful A-level biology books, pdf in preference :cry:
thanks in advance

Reaction score
Thank you so much and for the advice too! ;) I know about the book u recommended me and undoubtedly, its very good. Don't you know some other books available in pdf?
Just learn everything that is written in this book http://books.google.com.pk/books?id=gTbwAAAACAAJ&dq=a level mary jones&hl=en&sa=X&ei=-0z8T_60NKb64QTW8un-Bg&ved=0CDEQ6AEwAA

you wouldnt need any guide or any other material for your entire 2 year course. Do the pastpapers and you will be good[/quote

Reaction score
and make sure that you learn or rote learn the markschemes (like questions in section b about evolution etc) and other questions in Section A (about different levels of protein structure etc). And you would need to practise the P5, you cant just rote learn it.

If you have learned 8 years papers (p1,p2 and p4), then the paper you will get in your real CIE exam will be 70% from the past papers. Just make sure you understand the concepts in p1 (like osmotic pressure, solute potential etc)

Reaction score
Indeed you are right. Learning textbooks by heart is not the way to succeed an exam or it can even be worse (when u forget), it is essential to grasp the concepts well and practice questions to apply whatever you've learned. Thanks for the advice. I need more reference books to inform myself more about particular topics, don't u know some of them in pdf (i'm referring to Ebooks)?
and make sure that you learn or rote learn the markschemes (like questions in section b about evolution etc) and other questions in Section A (about different levels of protein structure etc). And you would need to practise the P5, you cant just rote learn it.

If you have learned 8 years papers (p1,p2 and p4), then the paper you will get in your real CIE exam will be 70% from the past papers. Just make sure you understand the concepts in p1 (like osmotic pressure, solute potential etc)

Reaction score
I'm sorry i dont know about any online ebooks. If you want to read more books, then longman biology would be good as well (but the actual paper is set from the above mentioned cambridge book, so you must not get carried away by longman. Longman biology contains a lot of excessive material, which you wont need at Alevels).

Reaction score
I'm sorry i dont know about any online ebooks. If you want to read more books, then longman biology would be good as well (but the actual paper is set from the above mentioned cambridge book, so you must not get carried away by longman. Longman biology contains a lot of excessive material, which you wont need at Alevels).
Its okay pal! (y) Thanks for trying to help me :)

Reaction score
I've made a website to help students like me to access past papers faster. Check out signature below and share with friends.

P.S. I made it for myself earlier this year and got amazing reviews from friends and so I made it publicly available.

Reaction score
I've made this site that can be used to quickly access past papers to all the subjects of IGCSE, and AS and A level students. Try it out and please give feedback. Already being used in 52 countries by 900 users.

IGCSE: gopapers.net/igcse.html
A & AS Level: gopapers.net/alevel.html
I've made a website to help students like me to access past papers faster. Check out signature below and share with friends.

P.S. I made it for myself earlier this year and got amazing reviews from friends and so I made it publicly available.
thank you harsh poddar this is a good site

Reaction score
If you want to learn from the comfort of your own home, I am available to teach IGCSE/Olevels subjects online via Skype ...

Subjects :
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Mathematics
English
Urdu
Pakistan studies
Economics

I've got lots of helpful resources and study tips to help you ace your IGCSE exams. My working hours are also quite flexible.

Did you know the best way to learn is by having a student teach you? That's because they can understand you better because they had the same exact confusions once. That's why group studying works so well!

If you'd like more information, feel free to contact me.