• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need advice on grades

Reaction score
So the thing is that our Cie result is out.
I got grades as following
Gce Olevels:
English language:C
Urdu As second language:B
Pak studies:B
Urdu as second language:B

IGCSE:
Chemistry:A
Biology:A
Mathematics (Without coursework):B
Physics:B
.I am retaking physics and English but I want to know that should I go to A levels or Fsc pre medical with these grades.And is there a chance that I can study in Pakistani goverment medical universities like Khyber medical etc?.
Any answer will be appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Definitely go for fsc pre med. Even if you score A or A*s in A levels after this, you will still have to get 1000 above marks in mcat, which is hard especially for non fsc students. Score 950+ marks in fsc and you will be fine in mcat, you would have already covered the mcat syllabus and it would be easier for you. And i think if you do good in fsc and mcat you could go to allama iqbal or qmc. I did a levels and gave mcat 3 times, no kidding. my o level grades were 4 A*s, 4As, 1B. A level was B,C,D,scored mcat in the range of 800 to 950, didnt get admission in any government med college. Only some of my friends with As in A level got in government med colleges, the rest with A*s even, had to repeat and ended up in private med colleges.

Reaction score
Definitely go for fsc pre med. Even if you score A or A*s in A levels after this, you will still have to get 1000 above marks in mcat, which is hard especially for non fsc students. Score 950+ marks in fsc and you will be fine in mcat, you would have already covered the mcat syllabus and it would be easier for you. And i think if you do good in fsc and mcat you could go to allama iqbal or qmc. I did a levels and gave mcat 3 times, no kidding. my o level grades were 4 A*s, 4As, 1B. A level was B,C,D,scored mcat in the range of 800 to 950, didnt get admission in any government med college. Only some of my friends with As in A level got in government med colleges, the rest with A*s even, had to repeat and ended up in private med colleges.
Thank you for the reply.It is extremely helpful ;).
Actually,I'm dissapointed because my brothers got 4 a* 4a's and 1 B each in olevels and both got 4 A*s in A levels.
I am still confused but inshallah let's see.This reply helped a lot.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So the thing is that our Cie result is out.
I got grades as following
Gce Olevels:
English language:C
Urdu As second language:B
Pak studies:B
Urdu as second language:B

IGCSE:
Chemistry:A
Biology:A
Mathematics (Without coursework):B
Physics:B
.I am retaking physics and English but I want to know that should I go to A levels or Fsc pre medical with these grades.And is there a chance that I can study in Pakistani goverment medical universities like Khyber medical etc?.
Any answer will be appreciated. Thanks.
catnip pretty much summed it up. Your grades even coupled with straight A* in AL won't be able to land you in ANY government medical school. They're just too competitive and much harder for someone with O/A level background to get in, sadly. You must go for FSC and aim for top marks.
Although there would be a sudden change in the pattern and learning methodology but consider it a sacrifice in order to get into a medical school.
The other option would be to join a private med school but I assume it's not something you're considering atm, right?
If you have to study Medical and that too from a government institute then do your best in FSC and MCAT.

Good luck with your retakes and for FSC/MCAT! :)

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.It is extremely helpful ;).
Actually,I'm dissapointed because my brothers got 4 a* 4a's and 1 B each in olevels and both got 4 A*s in A levels.
I am still confused but inshallah let's see.This reply helped a lot.
Even if you had the same results as your brother , i would have still recommended Fsc pre med. One of my friend has straight As in O level and A*s in A level, she repeated mcat twice but still didnt get in any government med college, even tho her aggregate was 86% something. She got selected in the last waiting list of a PRIVATE med college.A level pre med students regret their decisions believe me. If you want to do A level anyways for giggles then i recommend you take maths too for the sake of your sanity. Not keeping non medical options for myself knowing fully i cant go to private med colleges is the most stupidest thing ive done so far. But with Fsc, you dont have to take maths. But do good in Fsc and youre all set. Also when the time for mcat comes, you can ask me about the prep and all. Ive tried every academy and every mcat course, and can tell you which ones the best and which academies rip you off.

Reaction score
i just got my physics AS results and i got a B. it didnt show my marks so i dont know how close i was to an A. i really want an A* in A-levels, so should i resit or could i study hard for a-levels and get an a*

Reaction score
i just got my physics AS results and i got a B. it didnt show my marks so i dont know how close i was to an A. i really want an A* in A-levels, so should i resit or could i study hard for a-levels and get an a*
I dont know if you wanted my opinion but here it is anyways; Study hard and get an A*, its possible. Sometimes thresholds favor your result. e.g i was fully expecting a D in maths but got a B. Even if thresholds dont change much, A* is still possible. no harm in hard work.

Reaction score
I dont know if you wanted my opinion but here it is anyways; Study hard and get an A*, its possible. Sometimes thresholds favor your result. e.g i was fully expecting a D in maths but got a B. Even if thresholds dont change much, A* is still possible. no harm in hard work.
Your opinion does matter no matter who you are. So you're saying that I don't have to resit and I can still get an A*, if so what's the percentage I need to get, If I got a B e.g 60% in AS. (It's physics)

Reaction score
Your opinion does matter no matter who you are. So you're saying that I don't have to resit and I can still get an A*, if so what's the percentage I need to get, If I got a B e.g 60% in AS. (It's physics)
Okay i just asked a friend, she had B in AS physics , with U in the practical paper, in others it was B, and she repeated AS physics then it turned to overall A*. She says if you want an A* then resit in AS. But she says you will have to work hard in A2 anyways bec you still could end up with a plain A. her opinion is; resit but also work hard in A2 to gaurantee A*. she says a plain B in AS will not give an overall A*, so im sorry about my previous opinion, i was speaking from experience my brother had , but in his time, relative grading didnt exist.
Resit for A*

Last edited:
Reaction score
Okay i just asked a friend, she had B in AS physics , with U in the practical paper, in others it was B, and she repeated AS physics then it turned to overall A*. She says if you want an A* then resit in AS. But she says you will have to work hard in A2 anyways bec you still could end up with a plain A. her opinion is; resit but also work hard in A2 to gaurantee A*. she says a plain A in AS will not give an overall A*, so im sorry about my previous opinion, i was speaking from experience my brother had , but in his time, relative grading didnt exist.
Resit for A*
Cheers for the reply. So basically there's no chance that I'll get an A* if I don't repeat. Also do I have to repeat all of the papers or just the ones I feel like. I.e just repeat paper 3

Reaction score
Cheers for the reply. So basically there's no chance that I'll get an A* if I don't repeat. Also do I have to repeat all of the papers or just the ones I feel like. I.e just repeat paper 3

You can't repeat just one paper. You can repeat papers 1, 2, and 3 (AS) or papers 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 in one sitting.

Reaction score
You will have to repeat all AS physics, cant repeat just one paper. Also i accidentally wrote that a plain A in AS wont give an A*. I meant to write that a B in AS cant give an A* overall.

Last edited: