• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

My notes for Biology and Physics A2

Reaction score
i live in school (hostel)....won't go home until after a'levels...dont think it would be that useful then

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

Well, i compiled some notes from mark schemes ....might be helpful for revision...

remember me in your prayers..

May Allah give us all success in this world as well as the HereAfter..

Sorry..forgot to mention it in the file name...."My notes" is for biology

P.S. Keep checking this thread for the resources for upcoming exam ;) => A Level May/June 2012 Last Minute Revision..here..

EDIT: SORRY, There was a slight mistake made...<c^2> is the mean square speed NOT the root mean square speed..
and also there was a mistake in ms for the continuous spectrum...made the correction..it's the deceleration NOT the acceleration..!
The file is updated with the correction made...apologies once again..!
do yu have chemistry notes?

Reaction score
Salam. MashAllah its great to see people like you..sister/brother its amazing how you`ve emphasized about the importance of salah and the will of Almighty..hardly there are people who actually "care" about their hereafter..we`re all running after things all our lives..anyway..great efforts and also, do you have notes for AS level physics like the ones you uploaded for biology (AS)...im asking about your notes..if you have them ..they`ll be of great help..JazakAllah!

Reaction score
Can you explain what does this part mean? Biology AS part.
i mean what controls the membrane protein orientation?

ref. contribution to fluid nature of membrane ;
further detail ; e.g. mainly saturated fatty acids, less fluid e.g. mainly unsaturated fatty
acids, more fluid
ref. to control over membrane protein orientation ; e.g. hydrophobic – hydrophobic
interaction for ‘floating’ proteins

thanks in advance:)

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

Well, i compiled some notes from mark schemes ....might be helpful for revision...

P.S. Keep checking this thread for the resources for upcoming exam ;) => A Level May/June 2012 Last Minute Revision..here..

EDIT: SORRY, There was a slight mistake made...<c^2> is the mean square speed NOT the root mean square speed..
and also there was a mistake in ms for the continuous spectrum...made the correction..it's the deceleration NOT the acceleration..!
salam.... I wanted to ask that i am preparing for a'level from the book understanding biology for advanced level by glenn and susan toole.(third edition) does it covers everything or should i buy another one???? Plzzzzzzzz reply soon..

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
salam.... I wanted to ask that i am preparing for a'level from the book understanding biology for advanced level by glenn and susan toole.(third edition) does it covers everything or should i buy another one???? Plzzzzzzzz reply soon..
WaAlaikumAsSalam Wr Wb,

I don't know about that book. But I'd prefer the Mary Jones one.

Whatsoever, follow the syllabus, and make sure you know every point in it.

Reaction score
WaAlaikumAsSalam Wr Wb,

I don't know about that book. But I'd prefer the Mary Jones one.

Whatsoever, follow the syllabus, and make sure you know every point in it.
ohh..ok..thanx btw.... wat abt chemistry?? which is the best book for it??as in which covers the whole syllabus p.s is student friendly.. :D

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

Could you please tell the uncertainities of the instruments to be used in Paper 3 please? For ALL instruments like stopwatch having a typical value of 0.2 and other instruments...