• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

May/June 2017 English , Maths + Sciences( Bio, chem, phy).

Reaction score
Trolley X is stretched towards the left and trolley Y is stretched towards the right so when the two trolleys are released due to the tension in the spring they come to meet with each other so trolley X moves towards the right while trolley Y moves towards the left.
Ohh now I understand....actually I couldn't understand the question previously. Thanx alotttt

Reaction score
Can someone plz help me with this and also explain what these small circles represent...

IMG_20170328_003109.jpg

Reaction score
Can one explain to me what exactly is Cathode Ray Oscilloscope and it's parts?

A Cathode Ray Oscillioscope (CRO) is essentially used to show how voltage varies with time.

CRO6.png

When the metal filament in the electron gun is heated, the electrons gain energy to escape their valance shells and move from the cathode towards the anode. This is known as thermionic emission.

The rate of thermionic emission depends on the degree of heating. When these high speed electrons leave the filament, they, being -ve in nature, are attracted to the anode, being +ve in nature as it is connected to the +Ve terminal of the battery. (Because unlike charges attract)

The anode has this narrow hole in it which allows this beam of electrons to pass, and they incident on a glass surface covered with fluorescent material (Zinc Sulphide). When the beam strikes the fluorescent screen, it creates a bright spot.

The deflection system is what moves the bright spot across the screen. The Y-plates move the beam vertically when voltage is connected across the Y-input terminals. The X-plates, on the other hand, move the beam horizontally. The movement brought about by the X-plates is due to the time base. (Think of time base as just a fancy word for AC voltage across the X plates.)

When voltage is supplied across the X-plates and the Y-plates, at the same time, a wave is formed.

(For better understanding, look up the deflection of the electron beams due to varying voltage in Physics Matters.)

Conceptually, I believe, this is all there is to a CRO and its functionality, but here are a couple of important points:

- The electron beam is also referred to as current at times because flow of electrons is defined as current.

- A vacuum is needed between the cathode and the anode so that bombardment of the electrons with air particles can be prevented. Any collisions would result in a loss of the speed of the electrons, and we need to avoid that.

Hope this helped!

Reaction score
Can anyone provide me descriptive paragraphs for creative writing

Hi,

By descriptive paragraphs, do you mean actual paragraphs you can memorise? I don’t know if my opinion means anything to you, but I would really advice against learning paragraphs to fit into your essays.

It shows that you’ve simply memorised vocabulary, which doesn’t earn you any brownie points. Hitting the purple prose with lengthy descriptions is never advisable so try to avoid it if you can.

Reaction score
Can someone plz help me with this and also explain what these small circles represent...

View attachment 61869
The answer is (C) . when only switch 5 is closed it completes the path for the current to travel through the lamp causing it to light up. Just try to ignore those small circles. They have been just put to show that its the end of that particular wire(white circles) and/ the black circles are put up to show that its the place a different wire connects to that main wire.
JUST TRY TO FIGURE UP A PATH TO CONNECT THE LAMP TO THE CELL BY SIMPLY CLOSING ONE SWITCH
I HOPE YOU GET IT(y)