• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

maths : shear and stretch explain!!

Reaction score
im finished with the syllabus but cant understand shear and stretch and im having problems while doing the pastpapers.
can someone explain shear and stretch to me?

Reaction score
im finished with the syllabus but cant understand shear and stretch and im having problems while doing the pastpapers.
can someone explain shear and stretch to me?
This is a very hard topic to explain in a forum. You need a teacher to show you the method.

I've attached my revision notes on the subject. Let me know if this helps or if you have any questions about it.

Attachments

• RS18.pdf
    637.4 KB · Views: 270
Reaction score
This is a very hard topic to explain in a forum. You need a teacher to show you the method.

I've attached my revision notes on the subject. Let me know if this helps or if you have any questions about it.

it really helped but it didnt show how to form a matrix of a stretch..

Reaction score

I have got a question in the file attached Page 4 Topic 5 which is stretch
I have a problem with this "The distance from the invariant line to D is +3 so the distance from the invariant line to A’ is 3×4=12 .:"
But the distance from Invariant line to A' 4 :) whould you please explain this and if the attachment has this mistake do let me know ;)

Reaction score
I have got a question in the file attached Page 4 Topic 5 which is stretch
I have a problem with this "The distance from the invariant line to D is +3 so the distance from the invariant line to A’ is 3×4=12 .:"
But the distance from Invariant line to A' 4 :) whould you please explain this and if the attachment has this mistake do let me know ;)
That's a typo - it should say D' instead of A'.

These revision sheets are my first drafts so I've probably made many typos. Thanks for noticing this one :)

Reaction score
plz I need help in ch.7 distance Time graphs + Speed time grap come in pastpapers in a hard way so any suggestions for notes ???

Reaction score
tricks in transformation...........
hope it may work in exam

Attachments

• tricks_in_transformations.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 128