• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
60 me applied for a job in international aid org.Applicants must be fluent in at least one of Xhosa or Zulu.55%of males were fluent in Xhosa and 60% were fluent in Zulu.Calculate number of male applicants that were fluent in Zulu only.Kindly explain the answer.It is from o level statistics

Reaction score
If you want to learn from the comfort of your own home, I am available to teach IGCSE/Olevels subjects online via Skype ...

Subjects :
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Mathematics
English
Urdu
Pakistan studies
Economics

I've got lots of helpful resources and study tips to help you ace your IGCSE exams. My working hours are also quite flexible.

Did you know the best way to learn is by having a student teach you? That's because they can understand you better because they had the same exact confusions once. That's why group studying works so well!

If you'd like more information, feel free to contact me.

Reaction score
60 me applied for a job in international aid org.Applicants must be fluent in at least one of Xhosa or Zulu.55%of males were fluent in Xhosa and 60% were fluent in Zulu.Calculate number of male applicants that were fluent in Zulu only.Kindly explain the answer.It is from o level statistics
Since 55% were fluent in xhosa(and zulu since this figure is not for xhosa "only" but xhosa and zulu both ) 45% will be fluent in zulu only(100-55). 45% of 60=27. 27 is the no. of male applicants that were fluent in zulu only

Reaction score
Somebody please tell me a way to study math olevel without tuitions
Refer to D series (D1,D2,D3,D4) and syllabus. Do all exercises of D series of topics that are in syllabus and there are really great notes of "all" chapters in the series if u read page after page. Then do topic wise pastpapers and finally unsolved yearly ones.

Reaction score
Is it possible to finish maths (with past papers) in 2 months without any tution or schooling??
That depends you how much time you allocate towards maths only per day, If you study for significant hours then you might be able to finish the syllabus, but you ll have to make some really good notes and everything else really fast and actively practicing everyday but it is possible without tuition and school only if u r good at basic maths.

Reaction score
Is it possible to finish maths (with past papers) in 2 months without any tution or schooling??
I second with Romeo Sheikh . I solved the past papers of last 7 years almost twice before exams; once in April, and then for second time before my papers, as I had 4 holidays :D . All what matters is determination and effort! And completion of syllabus in one month is very simple. Take a copy of syllabus, and mark the topics which you don't know. Then study those topics from the D-series (they are the best), and straight away head for topical questions. If you do one or half topic per day, you'll be good to go! :D

Reaction score
Re: O'level Maths, Addmaths and Statistics help available he

Thank you hamidali391 for creating such a thread. Here's my question: In Oct/Nov 2006 paper 2 (maths 4024:http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge O Levels/4024 - Mathematics/4024_w06_qp_2.pdf ), my answer to the last part of the last question comes as 10/447 whereas the er (http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridg ... w06_er.pdf ) states it as 10/449. Anyone please look into this matter!
Secondly, when asked to find values using a graph, are dotted guide lines necessary or can we simply write our answers directly?
Thanks. :)
Dotted Lines are Neccessary

Reaction score
CD = 10 units
AB = 3 - (t)
10=3 - t
t = -7
ans is C
thanks!
can you also tell me how do we find magnitude of a line on graph? like whats the formula.. I have forgotten it all
and can u try to solve the very first question I posted too, please

Reaction score
You can use the formula:
magnitude of a line = ((x2-x1)^2 + (y2-y1)^2)^0.5

But if the line is horizontal, minus the larger x coordinate from the smaller one.
and if the line is vertical, minus the larger y coordinate from the smaller one.
^ In these cases, there is no need to use the formula.

Reaction score
umm i just needed some notes for vectors and economical maths (discount profit etc) ty :)