• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Why?I mean u just have to rotate,right?No decryption error or anything like tht
5bXnEtB.jpg

Reaction score
a i) -a + b
ii) a
iii) a + b

b i) 4:25
ii) 20:25

Where's my cookie.
B parts slightly off and I repeat slightly
But how did u even get there .Done before or....
elaborate if u can:D
P.S don't need to be lengthy

Reaction score
o_O

How off.
Is it 4:21?
Yup... thts it or the other way arnd 21 by 4 coz they asked for the ratio in which R divides the line so ratios of 2 separate lines DR and RB
How did u arrive at the ans. Judging frm u it means u,ve done it easily or have u done before ..Just final thing Elaborate on the b part (just main points)

Reaction score
Yup... thts it or the other way arnd 21 by 4 coz they asked for the ratio in which R divides the line so ratios of 2 separate lines DR and RB
How did u arrive at the ans. Judging frm u it means u,ve done it easily or have u done before ..Just final thing Elaborate on the b part (just main points)

Done it before? Like I said. I don't do questions from the books :p

What's the answer to the other part? I'm not sure how to explain. It's a pretty long working.

Reaction score
Done it before? Like I said. I don't do questions from the books :p

What's the answer to the other part? I'm not sure how to explain. It's a pretty long working.
Aren,t u supposed to tell :p
And wasn,t the question difficult?seeing tht u arrived at the answer in fairly small amount of time

Reaction score
Aren,t u supposed to tell :p
And wasn,t the question difficult?seeing tht u arrived at the answer in fairly small amount of time

I'm pretty sure it's 1:4

__

Anyway. Was a pretty easy question tbh. Never found O Level Vectors challenging. Or anything olevel, for that matter.

I thought about writing it again neatly, but I figured it was too much hassle. :p
I know I've written as if I were using my foot, but if it doesn't make any sense, let me know and I'll write it again, neatly.

E5bm6uz.jpg

kEfj7IC.jpg

Sorry for the delays. Was figuring out a method to transfer pics from my phone without a cable. Then, I realized I could upload them directly using my phone -__-

Right side is all Y, left side all X. I mixed them up because I was shifting rapidly between the two. i.e solving the halves simultaneously.

EDIT: Just noticed. First pic, last line. It's 4a/5x. Missed the 5 in the hurry.

Last edited:
Reaction score

__

Anyway. Was a pretty easy question tbh. Never found O Level Vectors challenging. Or anything olevel, for that matter.

I thought about writing it again neatly, but I figured it was too much hassle. :p
I know I've written as if I were using my foot, but if it doesn't make any sense, let me know and I'll write it again, neatly.

E5bm6uz.jpg

kEfj7IC.jpg

Sorry for the delays. Was figuring out a method to transfer pics from my phone without a cable. Then, I realized I could upload them directly using my phone -__-

Right side is all Y, left side all X. I mixed them up because I was shifting rapidly between the two. i.e solving the halves simultaneously.
Have understood it finely except for the DR=b/5 + 4a-b/5x=.... I mean how did this equation become the equation at the last line of the first page.Btw Awesome concept bro

Reaction score

__

E5bm6uz.jpg

kEfj7IC.jpg

EDIT: Just noticed. First pic, last line. It's 4a/5x. Missed the 5 in the hurry.
With all due acknowledgement , I must say tht u still found this easy?.. ...took me 2 hrs personally...posted it before,no reply
A job well done :)

Reaction score
Have understood it finely except for the DR=b/5 + 4a-b/5x=.... I mean how did this equation become the equation at the last line of the first page.Btw Awesome concept bro

Haha. I figured you'd get stuck here.
I skipped two steps here (or 2.5 more like). Practice these enough and you'll too. But, don't do this in O Levels bec they usually ask for the steps there. Like a lot of marks for the steps.

Basically, it's

b/5 + (4a-b)/5x = a+b/y
I need the a's on one side and the b's on the other.

b/5 + 4a/5x -b/5x = a/y + b/y

=> 4a/5x - a/y = b/y - b/5 + b/5x

=> (4ay-5ax)/5xy = (5bx-bxy+by)/5xy

=> a(4y-5x)=b(5x-xy+y)

Reaction score
With all due acknowledgement , I must say tht u still found this easy?.. ...took me 2 hrs personally...posted it before,no reply
A job well done :)

Practice it enough and you'll ace it too. Seriously, O level vectors are nothing. Wait till the planes kick in and they start twisting the questions ;)
Still 2 years before you have to witness that though.

Reaction score
Haha. I figured you'd get stuck here.
I skipped two steps here (or 2.5 more like). Practice these enough and you'll too. But, don't do this in O Levels bec they usually ask for the steps there. Like a lot of marks for the steps.

Basically, it's

b/5 + (4a-b)/5x = a+b/y
I need the a's on one side and the b's on the other.

b/5 + 4a/5x -b/5x = a/y + b/y

=> 4a/5x - a/y = b/y - b/5 + b/5x

=> (4ay-5ax)/5xy = (5bx-bxy+by)/5xy

=> a(4y-5x)=b(5x-xy+y)
Hey It,s a big fat U and I repeat YOU :p who missed the denominator of 5 in the 4a-b/(5)x

Reaction score
Practice it enough and you'll ace it too. Seriously, O level vectors are nothing. Wait till the planes kick in and they start twisting the questions ;)
Still 2 years before you have to witness that though.
3D Vectors.So u are in A levels I reckon,this Ques was supposed to be for O level :p Oh well!cest la vie

Reaction score
this Ques was supposed to be for O level

I believe this is a help thread, not a 'challenge' thread. So, whoever can help, should help. Just waht I feel.

Additionally, this concept, the one used in this question, starts and ends at O Levels. A Level Vectors are very, very different.

Reaction score
Still gets me full marks in the exam.

Also, look in the post, I've already corrected that long ago. -_-
U edited abt 21 min ago while I had inquired fro tht abt 23 min ago.So I understood,posted my reply of acclamation ..Then u post a reply to my aforementioned inquiry post......Needless to say u were late :p .but I get ur point and thnx for ur time.LoNow if I may be excused I Must Sleep

Reaction score
I believe this is a help thread, not a 'challenge' thread. So, whoever can help, should help. Just waht I feel.

Additionally, this concept, the one used in this question, starts and ends at O Levels. A Level Vectors are very, very different.
Just wanted a change in monotony tht,s all.(Absolutely no problem with ur intervention)