• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can I use 10ms^-2 for g in mechanics or should I use 9.81? Cuz my coursebook uses g=10. Or it doesn't matter?

Reaction score
Can I use 10ms^-2 for g in mechanics or should I use 9.81? Cuz my coursebook uses g=10. Or it doesn't matter?
It matters whether you use 9.81 or 10 as g. For maths, you are required to use 10 as g, but in physics you are required to use 9.81 as g. You can lose several marks for incorrect answers if you don't use the correct value for g.

Reaction score
How was P2? Most people found it easy :'( It wasn't that bad for me just a couple mess ups.

But then I remembered about P1. I cried my way home :((((((
It's going to be a very anxious holiday.

Reaction score
Hi guys.

What do you think the total uniform mark threshold for a B should be? I had M2 and I am crazy wrried cause the exam was very tough for me and honestly, I'll be lucky if I get over a 20. I have to get at least a B as per uni conditions. Each year it varies from 155-165 but since P3 was easy, well, I don't know. Does anyone here know the system well enough to make a rough guess? I had an 82% in AS and P3 was pretty good so I hope overall it rounds to a B.
How do u know ur AS %age marks?

Reaction score
Where am I going wrknf in THIS working?
I can do by other method and making x subject and get the correct answer but why am i getting wrong answer here? 20180621_095155.jpg

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 1.06.49 PM.png
Can someone tell me why for the answer, we only use one of the range that we got? The answer is only x less than 5/3

Reaction score
guys please help...
What will be american GPA if I get 2 C and 2 D in ALevels....?
Please help me in selecting four years college and my SAT score is 1300. I also have 2.6 GPA but it didn't

Reaction score
a motorbike and a car are waiting side by side at traffic lights.
when the lights turn green, the motorbike accelerates at 2.5 ms^-2 up to a top speed of 20ms^-1 and the car accelerates at 1.5 ms^-2 up to a top speed of 30ms^-1. both then continue to move at a constant speed. draw (t,v) graphs for each vehicle, using the same axes, and sketch the (t,s) graphs.
A. after what time will the motorbike and the car again be side by side?
B. what is the greatest distance that the motorbike is in front of the car?
Can you help me with no. B and I got 22 seconds for a).
the answers say 160/3 is the answer for b) but how?

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if there is a problem with the past papers link?
coz i cant download past papers from there. :/