• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Guys I forgot to put +C after integrating in the integration question in mechanics (M1) , will I get Follow through for the next part? How many marks are going to get deducted ?

Reaction score
I am expecting grade thresholds to be at like 80% for AS level maths(variant 2). Around 40 for M1, around 60 for P1, though I could be wrong about P1 thresholds since there were a few new ways of asking questions, and some challenging questions for most candidates(many made mistakes in the binomial question by multiplying the expansion, many found the values of f(x)=k tough, the question about range after you draw the sin and cos graph, others made mistakes in h and k and most often, people forget about subtracting volume of the line). This was the general response from schools in Lahore. So maybe P1 thresholds could be 55 or lower since there were so many questions that candidates found difficult.
Thresholds for paper 12 maybe like 56 or 57 but I really don't think threshold for 42 will drop that low. Will be around 44-45 by my guess!

Reaction score
Another question!

By any chance do you guys happen to remember the value of K in the question related to functions in Paper 12? Please tell me it was -3.

It was the same question in which they asked to find the inverse for the function. This'll probably help if you can't quite remember the question I'm talking about.

Reaction score
I am expecting grade thresholds to be at like 80% for AS level maths(variant 2). Around 40 for M1, around 60 for P1, though I could be wrong about P1 thresholds since there were a few new ways of asking questions, and some challenging questions for most candidates(many made mistakes in the binomial question by multiplying the expansion, many found the values of f(x)=k tough, the question about range after you draw the sin and cos graph, others made mistakes in h and k and most often, people forget about subtracting volume of the line). This was the general response from schools in Lahore. So maybe P1 thresholds could be 55 or lower since there were so many questions that candidates found difficult.
Well don't quite know about the questions found difficult but many candidates here said they missed out the questions due to lack of time for p 12.

Reaction score
Another question!

By any chance do you guys happen to remember the value of K in the question related to functions in Paper 12? Please tell me it was -3.

It was the same question in which they asked to find the inverse for the function. This'll probably help if you can't quite remember the question I'm talking about.
k>3 and k<11

Reaction score
There was no single value, there were two values, 3 and 11
Maybe we're talking different questions then because I'm pretty sure the inverse part said "For this value of K find f^-1(x)" or something like this. And in the very previous part ( which was worth 1 mark btw ) he asked to state the value.

Reaction score
Maybe we're talking different questions then because I'm pretty sure the inverse part said "For this value of K find f^-1(x)" or something like this. And in the very previous part ( which was worth 1 mark btw ) he asked to state the value.
Yes you two were discussing different questions. The value of K for the function inverse question was -3