• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
m

man i did sooooo bad in maths this year....i wish i get the chance to resit it in ON...Man stress can kill someone's confidence, like my level in pure maths was sooo good that i excpected to score a full mark (that's how well i was in pure) but then i saw the yellow paper and got shocked then i started stressing and ended up doing some random shit....mechanics it was my fault for not paying it much attention..sigh, a hard lesson learnt the hard way

stress can kill a person's confidence and basically every positive thing in conditions like this. Its a hard battle but please, relax for a second and think of all the hard work you have done. Don't panic before the paper, have faith in your preparation and the fact that god will reward all your hard work. Good luck for your exams ahead!

Reaction score
T

I don't know bro, it's a 50/50 question for me... The question was weird, they should have told us whether to take the force up the slope or down. Until I ask my teacher about the question I can't say anything, but again the reason by 5.2 is unlikely to be the answer is because 5 is too big to be a coefficient of friction

there have been previous questions in old past papers where a similar situation was constantly dealt with. they expect you to take 2 cases where in one its on the point of slipping up and another where its on the point of slipping down!

Reaction score
Till where my knowledge lies that statement (the one with slipping up and down ) changes the question as in that case we would only have changed the direction of the friction, but here since the direction of P wasn't specified, I think we were expected to change the direction of P. What do you say?

Reaction score
Till where my knowledge lies that statement (the one with slipping up and down ) changes the question as in that case we would only have changed the direction of the friction, but here since the direction of P wasn't specified, I think we were expected to change the direction of P. What do you say?
I think so but then again a value of 5.2 is way too large to be a coefficient of friction.. They also said P is applied to maintain equilibrium so i assumed they meant the box failed to stay at rest without P acting on it meaning it was falling.... so P had to act upwards? I dont know :/

Reaction score
there have been previous questions in old past papers where a similar situation was constantly dealt with. they expect you to take 2 cases where in one its on the point of slipping up and another where its on the point of slipping down!
I know there have been many questions in previous past papers like this, but in those past papers the direction of the force was specified and in this question it wasn't, that is my only issue. I chose to change the whole point of slipping up and down thing, but I am unsure about whether it is the right answer since the question did not specify where P acted :/

Reaction score
Hey in that mechanics paper 5th question. i did the question but i messed up the simplification part when applying to up the slope and down and i think interchanged the two. anyway i got the final ans though 0.577. how much marks would i lose.

Reaction score
Anyone had statistics exam p72 ? How was it

I did.
Overall paper was okay (expecting a B :/)
Quite annoyed at how they changed up the p.d.f question and the fact the Hypothesis testing errors came for 7 marks

Hey there! Yes I did. It was good but I fear that the grade threshold will be very high this time.

I've heard not so great feedback so I don't think it will be that high

Reaction score
guys for s2, do they cut marks if we havent written the reason why we have used normal distribution as an approximation to possion ? ( i think i forgot to write lambda > 15 , so normal ). but the answer is correct

Didn't the say "explain, with a reason"?

Reaction score
Guys a lil weird to post here
But if anyone has any Feb march papers for any commerce subject (business, account or economics)
pls message me

Reaction score
the paper went really bad conpletely opposite to P1 , i dont rven know where i went wrong but my ans are wrong .
Can Any one tell me that why had mew to be .57? My all class fellow got it except for me

Reaction score
Well, I do have another question, kind of a complex one. During P1 I actually kind of wasted the space given originally, however I think I did come up with the right solution on an extra sheet that I borrowed. Anyways, I didn't mark my solution number on the sheet I took even though I think it clearly stated to do so. Will that, or my answer on the original space will be considered as the legitimate one? Thanks.

Reaction score
Well, I do have another question, kind of a complex one. During P1 I actually kind of wasted the space given originally, however I think I did come up with the right solution on an extra sheet that I borrowed. Anyways, I didn't mark my solution number on the sheet I took even though I think it clearly stated to do so. Will that, or my answer on the original space will be considered as the legitimate one? Thanks.
If you marked on your original script, that you have continued the question on another paper, then your answer on the extra sheet will be taken. It's also encouraged to circle or underline your final answers, as a precaution.

Reaction score
By the way bros, I am checking the GT for last year. I just saw that an A* on A level is around 225 to 230, and it says that A level has a total mark of 250. So when you convert that into percentage, it makes 92% for an A*. So really is an A* at 92%?

Reaction score
I am expecting grade thresholds to be at like 80% for AS level maths(variant 2). Around 40 for M1, around 60 for P1, though I could be wrong about P1 thresholds since there were a few new ways of asking questions, and some challenging questions for most candidates(many made mistakes in the binomial question by multiplying the expansion, many found the values of f(x)=k tough, the question about range after you draw the sin and cos graph, others made mistakes in h and k and most often, people forget about subtracting volume of the line). This was the general response from schools in Lahore. So maybe P1 thresholds could be 55 or lower since there were so many questions that candidates found difficult.