• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can someone tell me how to solve this question

they ask for the range -90<x<90

and they ask to solve sin(x)+sin(180-x)=1/2

what laws and theories do i need to know apart from the quadrant rule and the trigonometry identity ?

Reaction score

what laws and theories do i need to know apart from the quadrant rule and the trigonometry identity ?
Can u post the picture of that question? I am not able to understand else link would work else just a paper varient and year with season.

Reaction score

We just have to solve for x right?

Reaction score
Hi people!
I need help on these questions, only managed to complete question 3b and 3c, any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Maths_Test_Paper.pdf
    26.2 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
Hi people!
I need help on these questions, only managed to complete question 3b and 3c, any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
This isnt from 9709 course. Which board is it?
I may give them a try if you can provide answers of it.

Reaction score
All doubts except 9b) are here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3NebwGVUDjGV0pXRUUwcVcxSFU
9b)
For the one triangle BXC :
The area of segment formula u found out in a(ii) use that to find the area of segment BC with r = 4 and alpha = pi/6 = 8pi/3 - 4sqrt(3)
The area of triangle BXC = {1/2 * 2 * 2sqrt(3)/3 } * 2 = 4sqrt(3)/3
The shaded region BXC = area of triangle BXC - Area of segment BC = 16sqrt(3)/3 - 8pi/3

The shaded area BXC = shaded area AXC = shaded area AXB

Therefore total shaded area = 3 * shahded region BXC = 16sqrt(3) - 8pi
madridtas_CR7 Here are the solution you asked me for march 2016 paper 12 question 1(a)(ii) and question 9.

Last edited:
Reaction score
guys how do you solve this one?
when a polynomial p(x) is divided by x-1 the remainder is 5 and when p(x) is divided by x-2 the remainder is 7. Find the remainder when p(x) is divided by (x-1)(x-2)