• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
The videos there are for clearing your basics and trick to crack tricky question patterns. Rest it depends on your knowledge of mathematics how you take the question. Keep practicing. You will score 9 on 9 easily in few days. ^_^
Good luck.
Hey man cant thank you enough for that video,even though it seemed simple it cleared up my basics and now i can easily solve most of the questions ^^

Reaction score
i have just finsihed my igcses............. i would like to know if the syllabus for AS & A levels are the same ...........and wats the difference between AS & A levels syllabus...............is there something more or less in these two levels?? it would be really nice if u cld help me out .......thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
lol...AS is part of A level. AS and A2 makes A level. Its like you can give A level in two sittings. Or if you want you can give the complete A level together in one sitting, where you will appear both AS and A2. the syllabus is divided into two parts- AS and A2. Hope this answers your query. :)

Manisha98

Reaction score
lol...AS is part of A level. AS and A2 makes A level. Its like you can give A level in two sittings. Or if you want you can give the complete A level together in one sitting, where you will appear both AS and A2. the syllabus is divided into two parts- AS and A2. Hope this answers your query. :)

Manisha98
oooooh sure it does ....thanks for the explanation so much ...............bt do u knw any online learnign sites for maths ..........because i m plannign to write d as levels this oct nov session ........i would like to have ur help pls ............... thank u :)

Reaction score
oooooh sure it does ....thanks for the explanation so much ...............bt do u knw any online learnign sites for maths ..........because i m plannign to write d as levels this Oct-Nov session ........i would like to have ur help pls ............... thank u :)
Well giving AS this Oct-Nov......that is doable if you work hard. I hope you will be able to ace it. Well, I am not aware of online sites though. Well, you can inbox me any problems, I will try my best to help. And you can try this thread too.

https://www.xtremepapers.com/commun...15-post-your-problems-here.41477/#post-924035

Reaction score
If you have two lines with known gradients and you wanna find the angle between them, this is the formula:
angle-between-2-lines-11-728.jpg

Reaction score
My teacher neva taught me this.
Well you see the gradient of a line is rise over run, or increase in y over x, so in fact, gradient = tangent of angle with x-axis.
QuickMemo+_2015-05-26-05-54-45.png

If the line in this pic has gradient m,
tan(theta) = m

So for any line with a known gradient, the angle it makes with the x-axis can be found by:
Theta = tan^-1(m)

So really, you don't need the formula. If there are two lines and you wanna find the angle between them, find the angle each of them makes with the x-axis, and find the difference. This will give you the correct answer. We may write a formula like this:

Angle = tan^-1(m1) - tan^-1(m2)

In fact from this formula you can derive the one I showed you. Take tan on both sides,
Tan(angle) = tan[ tan^-1(m1) - tan^-1(m2) ]
Using addition rule for tan (learnt in A2 I think) :
Tan(angle) = { tan(tan^-1(m1)) - tan(tan^-1(m2)) } / { 1 + tan(tan^-1(m1)) * tan(tan^-1(m2)) }
Tan(angle) = (m1 - m2) / (1 + m1*m2)

Oh while typing this I found the website with the pic I sent you it has good explanation:

http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/SimonBorgert/angle-between-2-lines

Reaction score
Need help on this question.

At a particular point of a curve y=5x^2 -12x +1 the equation of the normal is x +18y +c=0. Find the value of constant c.