• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
hey does anyone know any tips for the actual exam? like how to check your answers to make sure youre going in the right direction and such?

Reaction score
Someone help me with this S1 problem. It's from O/N/13 - 61. I solved it (attached the picture) - my distribution for X is wrong; can someone please explain why the distribution for X is lower than that for Y? I attached the markscheme screenshot too, haha. Please help!
View attachment 52744
View attachment 52746
youre 3 standard deviations below and above the mean. so 3 x sqr rt of 49 below and above, so 21 below 30 and 21 above 30 and so from 9 to 51

Reaction score
hey does anyone know any tips for the actual exam? like how to check your answers to make sure youre going in the right direction and such?
Are you asking about P3 or S1?
In P3 it is better just to review your answer and then proceed to the next.If you start checking whether your answer is correct it will take a lot of time and cause trouble later.Just review the working for any careless errors.In the end if you have time go through all the answers again,especially those you have your doubts on.In p3 it will be better to solve the easier questions first;those you're well acquainted with.

In S1,leave permutation and combination for the last.You should attempt other questions in order.I don't think there is any way to check your answers except for in normal distribution where you can check the probability by reversing.Again,it would be helpful to check in the end if time permits.

Try not to confuse yourself about a particular solution.There are times when you think what you've done is wrong although it's correct.

Reaction score
In P3 it is better just to review your answer and then proceed to the next.If you start checking whether your answer is correct it will take a lot of time and cause trouble later.Just review the working for any careless errors.In the end if you have time go through all the answers again,especially those you have your doubts on.In p3 it will be better to solve the easier questions first;those you're well acquainted with.

In S1,leave permutation and combination for the last.You should attempt other questions in order.I don't think there is any way to check your answers except for in normal distribution where you can check the probability by reversing.Again,it would be helpful to check in the end if time permits.

Try not to confuse yourself about a particular solution.There are times when you think what you've done is wrong although it's correct.
what abt s2?

Reaction score
Thanks,after seeing that somehow i got 6/9 in one :)
The videos there are for clearing your basics and trick to crack tricky question patterns. Rest it depends on your knowledge of mathematics how you take the question. Keep practicing. You will score 9 on 9 easily in few days. ^_^
Good luck.

Reaction score
Hey!! Can someone help me with Q10 , (b) (ii) please

Attachments

• P_20150518_190733.jpg
    P_20150518_190733.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • P_20150518_190725.jpg
    P_20150518_190725.jpg
    1,006 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
hi can someone help me
when can i use ln while integrating?
how can i calculate the greatest value and least value of argument?
how can i expand (1+x)(2+2x)^-1

Reaction score

You can check your normal distribution answers with your calculator. Just go mode>stat>AC then shift 1>Dist>P(
enter your values any it does it for you. I use it in case I get the wrong values from the table. And thanks for your help anyway.